BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

What to buy: E46 M3 or 335i?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 06:04 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Rockfreak300
Very good points as well. This is why I love this forum; it definitely opens your mind to new perspectives. I absolutely love the looks of the M3 although the interior seems well, a bit behind compared to the new Bimmers but that's life. Now, the real question is, if you do get the supercharger what all has to be upgraded with the M3 as well? (tires, rims, brakes, etc.?)

Thanks for your response!
i def dont agree with that. this is my take. the new interiors are very cold and not made of the same quality materials the e46s were. plus the deisgn isnt nearly as nice.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:35 PM
schnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
some would def diagree with you. i mean no offense to anyone when i say this, but the z4m coupe AND roadster are two of the worst looking cars on the road, and the interior is horrendous at best. dealers are giving 8-11K off msrp because NO ONE WANTS THE CAR! its that simple. you can easily go find tons of 2007 leftover z4m's because they dont sell well, thus the discount. usually youre lucky to get 1500 off a bmw, and thats if youve bought several at that particular dealership. if you can get over the looks and the interior of the z4m coupe, go for it, its quite a deal. i woudldnt want ot be caught dead in it. there ARE a few things i like about them tho, the steering wheel and seats and obv its gonna have good performance.
That's what people said about the original clown shoe, and now a lot of people love them. Did you see the post with the white Z4M Coupe with the CSL's and CF roof? If you think that is ugly, then you have very different taste than a lot of people

Old 10-09-2007, 10:42 PM
edl
edl is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up S54 Ftw!

Sorry I couldn't resist - here's a shot of the best modern six from BMW (from my old S54 MC).

Old 10-10-2007, 08:08 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by GoWide
That's what people said about the original clown shoe, and now a lot of people love them. Did you see the post with the white Z4M Coupe with the CSL's and CF roof? If you think that is ugly, then you have very different taste than a lot of people
i know exactly one person who likes the z4m. everyone else *I* know shares the same sentiments as me. its a fugly car. you can dress it up with a cf roof or csls, but its still the same ugly car.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:34 AM
schnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant future
i know exactly one person who likes the z4m. everyone else *I* know shares the same sentiments as me. its a fugly car. you can dress it up with a cf roof or csls, but its still the same ugly car.
Fair enough, it's obviously an opinion. Most people I know like it. Personally I can't see how would could consider the M Coupe ugly and the new M3 not.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Fair enough, it's obviously an opinion. Most people I know like it. Personally I can't see how would could consider the M Coupe ugly and the new M3 not.
oh trust me...i find the new m3 atrocious. its almost as ugly as the z4m coupe. i guess youve missed the 100 posts ive made about how dissapointed (understatement) i am about the looks of the new m3 inside AND out. the only cars in bmws current line up that i actually like are:

x3, x5, and m5, and 335 coupe.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Spencer is infamous around these parts
Agreed, I think the Z4 M Coupes look great. It looks different, which is something I can't say for every M3 I see on the road, which to the untrained eye, looks like a basic 3 series.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Tom(Atl) is infamous around these parts
If they put the 3.0L TT in the Z4, would you prefer that over a Z4 ///M? Considering the much lower price the TT may have, I sure would.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Tom(Atl) is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Russkiy_M3
What made you decide to cancel your oder?

Back to topic... There is a guy who lives near me with a tuned 335i (Vishnu Tuning) and a few other BASIC mods and he took an e39 M5 on the highway.

335i is incredible...You are talking about the coupe......right?!
I took an E46 M3 w/ my Vishnu 335i. It wasn't a blowout, but it was clear (2 car lengths). But my software is a very early version and isn't updated either.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Update:

Got in contact with my friend Kirk who is a sales manager at Active Auto in Miami and will be heading there next Friday with a good friend of mine. He is a great guy and I will be in BMW heaven. I'm taking my 30D there and will have a ridiculous amount of pictures to show as well!

I'm hoping that some of the customers will be there and I can snag some rides. I want to know what I will be spending my money on! I'm definitely looking forward to spending the day there as it is a very knowledgeable facility and a heaven for BMW enthusiasts. Can't wait, hopefully I will have some 335i chipped and M3 supercharged stories to tell.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:46 PM
oh trust me...i find the new m3 atrocious. its almost as ugly as the z4m coupe. i guess youve missed the 100 posts ive made about how dissapointed (understatement) i am about the looks of the new m3 inside AND out. the only cars in bmws current line up that i actually like are:

x3, x5, and m5, and 335 coupe.
Ha ha cool, that makes sense then. I mainly like the M coupes for the same reason as Spencer - they are different. In fact, I loved the old clown shoe because people thought it was ugly. It was something only an enthusiast would imagine owning.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:36 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Ha ha cool, that makes sense then. I mainly like the M coupes for the same reason as Spencer - they are different. In fact, I loved the old clown shoe because people thought it was ugly. It was something only an enthusiast would imagine owning.
I like my z4m BECAUSE its ugly...its definitely WAY less boring then my M or RSs style (not as pretty sure...but those are different meanings...)