Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures of Modified Boxster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 11:51 PM
Bruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the rough
So the intercooler is water to water? I can't envision any air flowing around there. Doesn't the tranny heat and /or cat heat interfere with the cooling? Looks like a very clean install. How is the suspension tied together? I don't see the connecting plate.

Bro

Old 12-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
It is not a water intercooler. The shop that did the kit did significant testing and I have done alot of dynos adjusting the fan in front of the car to see if the intercooler offers any advantage. I feel the intercooler gets cooling air and provides a positive improvement in the power of the car.

The aluminum plate is no longer there....I am getting a bar designed to tie the bottom of the suspension together and go over the intercooler.

Thanks for the compliment, everyone who has seen the install in person compliments how high the install quality is.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:20 PM
autobahn it has a spectacular aura aboutautobahn it has a spectacular aura aboutautobahn it has a spectacular aura about
Gary, how did you lower your car? I'm wanting to lower mine to your height. Please tell me they make coils that low... ;o)

Old 02-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Its lowered on Ksports coilovers. I have it lowered 2 inches. With OEM bumpers you can go lower but not with the bumper I have. 2 inches is the lowest I can pull off with the roads and driveways i drive on.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:37 PM
ActionJaxon is infamous around these parts
Sick boxster man, must surprise most people on the road with the turbo's huh?

Old 02-04-2008, 08:35 AM
I have had a few cars get surprised when they think they can blow off "just a Boxster"

Old 02-05-2008, 12:42 AM
autobahn it has a spectacular aura aboutautobahn it has a spectacular aura aboutautobahn it has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the info. WOW! looks like it's been lowered more than 2 inches. Looks sweet!

Old 02-05-2008, 09:46 AM
It may have settled a little more than 2 inches.

I measured the car a few months ago.
My front bumper is about 3 inches from the ground. The fender is 24 inches measured at the center of the wheel.
My rear sway bar is about 3.5 inches off the ground.

I have side skirts and the GT3 bumper. Both of them give a lower profile than stock 99 Boxster.

The car is low. I dont have many problems with it as low as it is. Except for my passengers noticing how close to the ground we are. And 18 wheeler tires are taller than us.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Looks great!
I'm going to be heavily modding a Boxster I just bought (from a friend). I love the way your car sits... I'm going to try my best to end up with a stance like yours. But dont know if I want to spend the $$ for the coilovers.... I've got quite a few other parts already paid for, and am going to go over budget the way it is. I'll have to post a little "What-I'm-doing-to-my-Boxster", as I know it's fun for me to read what other guys have done... so gotta share. ;o) Probably start on it in a few weeks. Love your car!

Old 02-06-2008, 07:58 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Gary,
I remember seeing a previous thread about the intercooler. I remember that there was a concern about the flow across the unit. Have you taken any Differential Temperature readings across the unit to see how effective it is where installed?

Old 02-07-2008, 08:19 PM
I have decided I am going to install the scoop that is used on the 3.4l Boxster intercooler from Turbowerx.

I have a gtech and I will test HP numbers to see if there is a improvement with the scoop.

The car has ran flawless since the install of the turbos. I went out for a top down drive this weekend (80 degrees and low humidity in Louisiana last weekend!!) After the 6 years of ownership this car still makes me grin.

Old 02-09-2008, 05:22 AM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
Is that a Bolt on kit? if so where do they sell it? or did you DIY?

Old 02-09-2008, 06:59 AM
GT3PTY is infamous around these parts
lots of work on this car.... congrats

Old 02-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by contigo
Is that a Bolt on kit? if so where do they sell it? or did you DIY?

Its a kit that is sold by Turbowerx, they did the install for me also.

Contifo, I noticed your from/in Colombia.
What part? My wife is from Neivia/Bogota and we go back twice a year. The way it works out is we both go down but she stays longer, when she come back the Porsche has a few new mods.

Back to the subject at hand, the kit can be a bolt on, there is a guy in Australia that did the entire kit himself. Marc at Turbowerx is a good guy, he answered enough dumb questions from me over the last year or so.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by GT3PTY
lots of work on this car.... congrats

Thanks,

The for the compliments. Even with all the work its my DD. And there is a little more work to be done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pictures of Modified Boxster