Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Jeff E39 is infamous around these parts
Bad Experience

As a few of you may know I replaced my 5 series with a CERTIFIED Boxster S. All was great until the day after I got it, it spun out and had 15k worth of damage caused in a crash. I was beside myself, what did I do wrong wtf? The car got fixed and while at Porsche bodyshop on a test run, the bodyshop tech spun the car out again. Causing about 20k more worth of damage. So now im like wtf is wrong with this car, why does it keep spinning out. We come to realize that this PORSCHE CERTIFIED car was sold to me with BALD TIRES. Seems impossible or improbable but its the truth. Upon confronting the dealership on the matter, they wanted nothing to do with it. They claim the car was fine and myself and the bodyshop dont know how to drive. The tires on the car were under certified spec and the certified papers were false. So now im like great im stuck with this heavily repaired mess and maybe a lawsuit, this damage may have a 15k loss on the resale value of the car. But today came the great news, the bodyshops insurance company claimed the car a total loss and im gonna recover completely. I never in my wildest dreams would have thought this would have happend, oh well. In the spring I may look into a 1 series or a Z4.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Banned
RAW-MEAN is infamous around these parts
I am not sure what to say but I am glad it worked out. I guess now you walk away from this with a lot more experience and next time you buy a car you will definitely have a closer look. GL.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by RAW-MEAN
I am not sure what to say but I am glad it worked out. I guess now you walk away from this with a lot more experience and next time you buy a car you will definitely have a closer look. GL.
yup im so used to trusting dealerships as my last car was certfied and it was perfect. It was a Porsche dealer I thought where could I go wrong they sell 130,000 dollar cars, but i guess their margin is mor important then customer safety.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:28 PM
vick57 is infamous around these parts
i'm glad it worked out for you. now i'm more paranoid than ever about the techs at body shops and repair shops. one, shouldn't they have noticed bald tires? two, the tech must have been pushing it pretty hard to spin out and crash on a test drive.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by vick57
i'm glad it worked out for you. now i'm more paranoid than ever about the techs at body shops and repair shops. one, shouldn't they have noticed bald tires? two, the tech must have been pushing it pretty hard to spin out and crash on a test drive.
haha well according to the police report and witnesses who may have knew the driver it was unclear he wasn't speeding but im not sure either
bottomline i really wasnt happy to get a heavily reapaired car back after i had it for such a short time as sas as i am to see the car the way it is, it was the best outcome

Old 01-02-2008, 11:36 PM
djomlas is infamous around these parts
i never trust any dealer, ANY.
my family got screwed so many times by diff dealers, that i don't want to but anything from a dealer again.

good luck with a new car

Old 01-03-2008, 12:05 AM
blinkwatt is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Are you sure you want to go to a 1-series or z4? I mean you did buy a Boxster for a reason. Don't let the dealership ruin the Boxster experience for you.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:13 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by blinkwatt
Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Are you sure you want to go to a 1-series or z4? I mean you did buy a Boxster for a reason. Don't let the dealership ruin the Boxster experience for you.
My thoughts exactly!!

Jeff sorry to hear, glad you are coming out on top though!

Old 01-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Ray S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura about
Let me get this right. You purchased the car used and never looked at the tires?

Then you ball it up and want to go after the dealer after the fact? If you felt the tires did not have the tread specified under Porsche's certification program it would seem fair that you would mention this earlier (i.e. before you crashed it).

Old 01-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by Ray S (Chicago)
Let me get this right. You purchased the car used and never looked at the tires?

Then you ball it up and want to go after the dealer after the fact? If you felt the tires did not have the tread specified under Porsche's certification program it would seem fair that you would mention this earlier (i.e. before you crashed it).
I did mention to the dealership that the tires looked low, and they said when they certify the car they will check them thoroughly. They prob saw they needed to be replaced but cost to much and affected their margin. I didn't think I need to measure the tread depth before purchasing the car, I relied on the dealer to check and fix the car properly. So yes I did go after the dealer becuse I barely put 200 miles on the car before it was involved in two serious accidents. Also I only went after the dealership after the bodyshop had crashed the car realizing it wasn't just me.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
My thoughts exactly!!

Jeff sorry to hear, glad you are coming out on top though!
thx as for another boxster lol, i don't think its gonna happen, no doubt they are great cars and I regonize that but after this expereince its just not worht it too me. BMW's have never steered me wrong and I think im gonna stick with them for a while.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:13 PM
NYSpeedRacer84 is infamous around these parts
I'm sorry to hear about your incidents, and definitely glad you came out on top... which dealer and bodyshop did you go to?

Old 01-04-2008, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by NYSpeedRacer84
I'm sorry to hear about your incidents, and definitely glad you came out on top... which dealer and bodyshop did you go to?
PM me if your really interested to know

Old 01-04-2008, 01:03 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Sorry to hear, but glad things worked out for you.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:32 AM
mister_jkd is infamous around these parts
Um... any car is going to handle crappy with bald tires. Glad everything worked out in the end.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bad Experience