Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sell me on or steer me from the boxster...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 06:57 AM
jaxbch987 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NYSpeedRacer84

I'm all smiles with my top down, even in the dead of winter....
great picture, great looking ride man!

Old 01-07-2008, 08:51 AM
lucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant future
well you guys have pretty much sold me on it.... i've been looking around for an 03 or 04 boxster, possibly the S depending on what deals i can find...

is there a list of colors that were available for those years?

Thanks!

Old 01-07-2008, 01:19 PM
pcar-yvr is infamous around these parts
LOVE the smiles in the dead of winter but freaked about the cracking of the plastic window. I live up in Canada and we've been know to get some cold weather from time-to-time.

Can anyone (Bisimoto?) share a good supplier for pre-MY'03 tops with a glass windows? Great option!

What's the average life span for a rag-top anyway??

Old 01-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Get the S and drive it like you stole it. I have driven every current production Porsche and the only thing I like more is the GT3 and of course the Cayman. With the cash that I have into mine I cold easily buy a nice c2s but after driving them I simply would rather have y '00 Boxster S.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:42 PM
lucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant future
i like the headlights (no orange) on the 03+ and the idea of the glass rear window...

can both of these be put on an 01/02 S?

this one is very appealing.. 02 S, 32k miles, great color combo..

http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/518483534.html

Old 01-07-2008, 01:59 PM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
DO IT!!!! Awesome car. Best Porsche bang for the Porsche buck : )

Old 01-07-2008, 04:21 PM
pcar-yvr is infamous around these parts
Hey Lucky - if you want to see the color combos from the original MY's go deep into the "research" fields of cars.com

Check out this link for MY '03:

http://www.cars.com/go/crp/research....=&aff=national

Old 01-07-2008, 05:40 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by pcar-yvr
I'm kind of in the same boat as Lucky - about to take first step in Porsche world with the Boxster.

Can anyone comment if there's a big difference between the '01 S and 2.7L's. Planning on buying in the next 60 days and if a great optioned / modded 2.7L comes available - wondering if I should pass to wait for an S.

Thanks guys.....
I would buy the nicest example I could find of either. Yes, the S is more attractive with the additional hp but the 2.7 is also a blast around town. I would steer clear of a heavily modded 2.7. Prices are low enough for each model that you can find one perfect for you and then make upgrades for your own tastes.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Steve01tt is just really niceSteve01tt is just really niceSteve01tt is just really niceSteve01tt is just really niceSteve01tt is just really nice
I found there to be a huge difference between the S and base. Especially after a few mods. While both are great cars, the extra HP just makes it feel like a different car. There are some great bargains out there now as it is kind of off season in the northern states. Though if you shop locally I doubt you'll see as much seasonal variation. Check for moisture under the rear trunk carpet as coolant tanks are prone to failure. I'd also want to see service records as deferred maintenance for things like rotors and pads are expensive. That being said when you combine the looks of this car with the handling it is pretty hard to beat for the money.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:55 PM
i'm finding 03 non-S to be a noticeable amount cheaper than 00-02 S models... since i'm not tracking or racing.. just a fun car to get around in i'm thinking that may be a better choice for me.. esp since i prefer the non-orange lighting all the way around and the glass rear window...

i found a nice 03 5spd seal grey w/ black int/top w/ 40k miles for "$22k obo"

waiting for the VIN and his response on records...

Old 01-11-2008, 02:50 PM
ABC
ABC is infamous around these parts
the non-orange lights are included with the non-xenon lights. these can be replaced, but the cost of getting xenon lights has gone up a lot. around $1400-1600. you can get the non-xenon lights without orange for around $900 or so.

the top can be changed to have a glass window. GAHH is a company that has a replacement top. i don't recall the price, but it's not cheap.

if you in dallas, then you really don't need to worry about having a plastic window. i've had my 01 boxster since new and the window is fine.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:27 AM
i like the non-orange on the 03+ a lot, and i like the glass top (just because i've seen som plastic ones around here and meh).... i also like the glove box change for 03... so i've narrowed my search to 03 non-S.... just looking for a color combo i like w/ a 5spd... already got bank approval

Old 01-12-2008, 10:08 AM
easyc is infamous around these parts
I had mine for over three years... she's had her problems (including the present blown engine), but Im putting a new engine in her right now. She's had over 1500 miles of track time and has been driven daily since I got her. I love it and would have nothing else.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:22 AM
well i found an 03 S for $23k w/ 44k miles, clean carfax, 1 owner lease just ended... not my preferred color combo but not something i hate either.... we shall see...

Old 01-13-2008, 04:51 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
im in the same boat it seems...im looking into getting an 02-03 boxster S.....and was wondering if there are any certain things to be looked out after in particular....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sell me on or steer me from the boxster...