Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sell me on or steer me from the boxster...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 06:52 PM
lucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant future
picked up a car today

got an 01 non-S.. price was right, mileage was VERY right, color combo was right, and it is certified porsche pre-owned w/ warranty

i did notice a little less pep than the 03 S i drove but nothing drastic...

the differences in 01 to 03 are noticeable but not unliveable by any means

Old 01-24-2008, 08:22 PM
NYSpeedRacer84 is infamous around these parts
Congrats!! . . . . . now pic or BAN!!!

. . . . . . .. . and enjoy it in good health!

Old 01-24-2008, 08:28 PM
lucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant future
here's the stock photo from the dealership..

seal grey, black top & interior, 30k miles, cayman 18" wheels, certified w/ warranty

Old 01-24-2008, 08:29 PM
non-amber lights all around are a future plan... just going to watch for a deal on them

looks like tails are just under $200 shipped and sides are around $40ish... the fronts are what are going to rape me...

also wondering, is it bad to put the HID lighting (not $10 xenon bulbs but the full ignitor/ballast/etc setup) in non-projector headlights?

Old 01-25-2008, 11:04 AM
Ray S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura about
Good Choice!! Congrats!

Get rid of the amber and drop the ride height.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:37 AM
love your side skirts Ray... very clean

i already ordered clear side markers last night... will be doing clear tails (OEM) soon as well... then i'm just keeping an eye for some 03/04 headlights to get rid of that amber up front

Old 01-25-2008, 08:38 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
congrats....i have yet to come across the one for me....enjoy...let the modding begin...

Old 01-26-2008, 04:33 PM
pcar-yvr is infamous around these parts
Awesome looking car Lucky!!
For the benefit of those also in the market, can you share what you picked it up for??

I test drove the exact same colour combo here in Canada yesterday - but learned why NOT to buy a car on the internet without driving it first. The pictures looked awesome, but the front trunk wouldn't open and the thing shook like a washing machine on the road. Obviously in some kind of crunch up that wasn't reported anywhere. Funny thing - when I finished the drive, all the shaking did manage to finally pop that front open!

Hence e-bay motors scares the crap outta me!

Old 01-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Congrats!
Those Cayman wheels go very well on the Boxster.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:19 PM
ABC
ABC is infamous around these parts
congrats! looks really good.

i would be careful with HID headlights. some guy posted pics on PPBB of his lights after he put in HIDS which melted the plastic covers of the lights.