Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please help. boxster 986 no lip rims

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 11:15 PM
humara is infamous around these parts
please help. boxster 986 no lip rims

I hate to start a new thread for this, but I have been searching for months. Currently I have fikse fm10s in 18". Looking to get some new shoes, but the market is inundated with lips. lips, lips, lips everywhere.
My only choice is rennworx rsl. i'm not sure what sizes these come in for a boxster offset. But I am sure these are about $4500 a set. A little rich for my blood.

So, the question is....

Does anybody know of any lip-free rims in boxster size and offsets? 18s or 19s. Just looking for a clean look, 10 spokes or so. something like the gt3 rims. i also like the the champion rs98 but those have lips. really like rs171 but those are only in a super 997 width.

help me obi wan, you're my only hope

Old 02-06-2008, 12:34 AM
NYSpeedRacer84 is infamous around these parts
Are you planning on selling your fiske wheels?

Old 02-06-2008, 07:39 AM
ofishbein is infamous around these parts
Design911.co.uk has a wheel that looks like a GT3 clone. They call it style 607. I asked them the weights and they said that the rears would be 14 kg. I believe that's about 30 lbs or so. I don't know what stock wheels weigh.

I think I'm going to go with BBS RS-GTs instead because of their light weight and the BBS reputation for quality.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:49 AM
'ringmeister is infamous around these parts
CCW C10, or C14. 10, or 14 spoke, forged 1 piece wheel so they are strong and light. no lip. ask for John, he has done a lot of custom sizes and offsets for GT3 guys, and currently doing one for my cayman. more of a "track" style wheel, not very blingy if thats what you're looking for.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Rob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant future
The new 987/997 Carrera Sport wheels are real nice looking. 10 spokes or so with a light grey painted center. You can get OEMs from Wheel Enhancement. Knockoffs are also available on eBay for about $800/set. Wheel Dynamics has a large selection of Porsche knockoffs.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:45 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
how about some enkreuz??

Old 02-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Thanks for all the input so far.

enkreuz only makes rims with big lips.

bbs rs-gt have got some lippage. lots of lippage

design911.co.uk is the only place i've seen 997 gt3 knock-offs in boxster offsets. surely there's a US distributor. put some emails in to various place. hopefully something will turn up

i am planning on selling the fikses once i get these going. hopefully i'll have 100 posts by then

put an email into CCW, their c10 and c14 are just about what i've been looking for.

bbs CH are awesome but do not come in the right bolt pattern or offset. annoying. bbs only sells 3 piece rims in boxster sizes and only 3 of them at that.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Bruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the rough
One word. Volk.

Bro

Old 02-07-2008, 02:11 PM
986speedster is infamous around these parts
Victor wheels dont have lips. I know because I bought the Victor Lemans wheels, and the deealer told me it would come with a 3" lip. It didnt, and I returned them. Nice wheels besides that.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Rob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 986speedster
Victor wheels dont have lips. I know because I bought the Victor Lemans wheels, and the deealer told me it would come with a 3" lip. It didnt, and I returned them. Nice wheels besides that.
But really heavy from what I understand.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:25 PM

sportec mono 10s
19"

Old 02-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Ray S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura about
Call wheel enhancement padawan (site sponsor, look on the right side of your screen).

Yoda says.....Find you wheels that will fit, they can.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:48 PM
ray,
i tried wheel enhancement and they only had 1 set of no lip rims to recommend and they were pricey.
i'm thinking of these now.
ccw c10. forged 1 piece. lightweight and strong.

and they come in black!

Old 02-16-2008, 04:50 PM
or the ccw c14. both look pretty sharp and are reasonably priced.

any thoughts?
those sportecs are $5200/set and take 5 weeks. made by BBS though. apparently sportec makes the same rims in cheap cast and not so cheap forged. depending on application

Old 02-16-2008, 06:05 PM
easyc is infamous around these parts
CCW are great wheels...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: please help. boxster 986 no lip rims