Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modded 987 Boxster S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2008 | 07:33 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
you should definitely smoke your taillights like that then...

Old 02-15-2008 | 07:56 AM
bullitt44 is infamous around these partsbullitt44 is infamous around these parts
I like the overall look. In the garage picture I had to look twice, I thought the picture was black and white.

Old 02-15-2008 | 04:04 PM
|
987bs is infamous around these parts
Thanks guys, I am actually considering a lot blacking out the tails. I just finished installing B&M's short shifter, what a great mod! I cant believe I didn't do this earlier.

Remus exhaust should be on by wednesday of next week.

Old 02-15-2008 | 04:18 PM
mtv65 is infamous around these parts
Can't go wrong with TechArt....love those wheels!!

Not mine but very much in love with this car...due mostly to those beautiful wheels.

Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2008 | 05:58 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
yeap. can't go wrong with TechArt Formula(s). I used to have them on my car and loved them. Sold them 1 1/2 year ago with the Cayenne S.

is ur car lowered or anything?

Old 02-15-2008 | 06:24 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
looks great

Old 02-15-2008 | 06:37 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Originally Posted by djomlas
where do u get the vent from?
Any AD.

Old 02-15-2008 | 06:49 PM
|
Thanks! I do love the wheels, it was the first mod! My car is lowered with H&R coilovers. I'll post side pics later on for your guys to see. In the meantime, happy modding!

Old 02-15-2008 | 11:53 PM
porsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by easyc
Are you serious?!?! You saying that with only bolt-ons you got 76 more HP? I just can't see this... Im sorry. I have to see a dyno... thats nearly 110 HP/Lit... thats GT3 Cup car level with a I assuming slightly raised redline of 7500... which is no where near the GT3's... not to mention that you haven't touched the cams... I know the plenums do wonders... and there is a little to gain with good headers/2ndary pipes... and a little more with smaller pulley's.... BUT 76 more? This is a Normally aspirated 3.4 liter flat-6... that only redlines at 7200 maybe 7500.

Please don't take this wrong, but Im just amazed that can be possible... love the cayman though.. beautiful.
I have a dyno from 10-07 with the following mods:
APR software
Milltek Headers
Milltek Catback
K&N filter
this is power to the wheels...

this is 350BHP/302FTLBS

my most recent dyno has:
APR sofware
APR Headers
APR catback
K&N filter
IPD plenum
pre and post runs show these mods added 8WHP/10FTLBS=305WHP/266WFTLBS which is 359BHP/313FTLBS.
I have not dynoed after the mantis pulleys yet they on average add 8-10WHP/6-9FTLBS
oh yeah this is not a GT3 but a Cayman GT I will post the most recent dyno as soon as I find it.
Here with raw data not made into a pretty chart yet...
This chart doesnt have the plenum installed yet, it has;
APR software
APR headers
APR catback
K&N filter

After the plenum install it added an additional 4WHP/5WFTLBS. Now I have the mantis so I am dynoing that as well which will add more. Here is the dyno after the plenum install:

305HP
266FTLBS -TO THE WHEELS!!!

MODS:

APR SOFTWARE
APR HEADERS
APR EXHAUST
IPD PLENUM
K&N FILTER

Last edited by porsched4ed; 02-20-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-16-2008 | 12:33 AM
easyc is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the data, but.....

if 296 RWHP equates to 350 HP then your tranny is losing... 15 and a half or so percent... Thats not near the 11 percent I have heard for most caymans, which would put you at more like what 333... As for the pulley, I heard Ernie only got about 4-5 HP out of it. Not the 12 you were originally adding. I don't mean to push any buttons, but 60 HP in a N/A car with Stock internals is pretty hard to do.... hence my questions...

Old 02-16-2008 | 04:43 AM
|
Impressive!

Old 02-16-2008 | 07:32 PM
PHAHEEM is infamous around these parts
Porsched4ed & 987bs-

Where did you have your GT3 grill installed? And approx how much did it cost?

I too want this on my Cayman, but am concerned about cutting the bumper. Also, anyone else think that the Cayman's front bumper is too short for the GT3 grill? Seems like it takes up a lot of real estate- and the GT3's front bumper has enough length to offset the grill...what do you think?

Old 02-16-2008 | 11:05 PM
|
Originally Posted by PHAHEEM
Porsched4ed & 987bs-

Where did you have your GT3 grill installed? And approx how much did it cost?

I too want this on my Cayman, but am concerned about cutting the bumper. Also, anyone else think that the Cayman's front bumper is too short for the GT3 grill? Seems like it takes up a lot of real estate- and the GT3's front bumper has enough length to offset the grill...what do you think?
Phaheem, I did the install myself. Not many tools needed in my case, primary items: beer, patience. Secondary items: a multi-use knife, tape, sand paper, and a sharpie.

I think it looks great on the 987 boxster, but I do prefer how it looks on the cayman though, I say that because the cayman's front bumper is shaped a little different than the boxster one.

Old 02-17-2008 | 02:11 AM
PHAHEEM is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 987bs
Phaheem, I did the install myself. Not many tools needed in my case, primary items: beer, patience. Secondary items: a multi-use knife, tape, sand paper, and a sharpie.

I think it looks great on the 987 boxster, but I do prefer how it looks on the cayman though, I say that because the cayman's front bumper is shaped a little different than the boxster one.
You did the install yourself?! Details!

Old 02-17-2008 | 08:47 AM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 987bs
Let me know what you guys think:
I could not tell this was ducttape, the car looks great like this I think you should do all of these mods.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modded 987 Boxster S