Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman/Boxster Forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 03:21 PM
CaymanGT is infamous around these parts
# Needed Please

I was actually thinking of Doing them either YELLOW OR ORANGE both with a Black Porsche logo ,But I cannot Decide .. Yes please give me the info if you have it . I can get the calipers to them .. Did you leave your car with them overnight ? what was the process? Thanks much

Old 04-10-2008, 03:29 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
cayman,

he actually did them as a favor for me. i'm pretty sure he's booked up for awhile, but i can ask him. the process took about 2 days and 1 day to cure. also, he won't just repaint them anymore, it's a big pain in the as* to clean them. he does a rebuild of them while they are off, then paints then and reinstalls.

you can also paint them youself. you can pick up the caliper OEM paint as most mod places. just becareful as i've heard if you don't do a really good job, i can look rather, well, not so good. lol!

Old 04-10-2008, 03:50 PM
CaymanGT is infamous around these parts
Thanks

Ok Yes I saw they had some Kits for them.I will just go to My Redneck Brother InLaws house he has a shop and works on the 1950's 60"s Chevy's ,He puts Supercharged Corvette motors in them.Now that is a true REDNECK .we are at odds when it comes to cars though he always says he would only buy an American Made sports car ( wow) so its really hard to hang out with him. will stick it out and geter Done this weekend .Post some pics by monday.he will probally help me if i bring a 24 pack of the cheapest Beer on earth ..What would that be ? AHHH PBR? Old Milwalkie ? (I wont say Rainier Beer as that might Offend you ) but I think that would be on the list

Old 04-10-2008, 03:52 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
^^^it's all good. i'm not a beer drinker. just don't insult starbucks or pearl jam. lol!

Old 04-10-2008, 04:02 PM
NotSoMiniC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gary in BR
Thanks Dave,

Thats a H*(& of a post there. I love how you can sum up 16 pages.

way to go.

.+1.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Ray S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by CaymanGT
Boxstergirlie01 .. Now there is no Porsche Factory Made Cayman/Boxster GT so I dont think we can call it Miss-Badging .Its not like we are calling it a GT3 , or A Carerra ,Or Targa, Those are already Porsche Models .My feeling is this.If you have A Boxster/Cayman and You do some serious Mods Including Air Intakes ,Exhaust, Porsche RACING Plenum,Flash,Different Suspension,Body Kit, Its Deserving of a GT Logo.You have modified it
Porsche does make a "GT", it's called the Carrera GT.

If you want to make it some really different (that Porsche doesn't use) why not the Cayman Type R..

If you want to insert a removable roof panel and call it a Cayman Targa, or a turbo and call it a Cayman Turbo, or a GT3 motor and call it a Cayman GT3 I think that's great. (Heck you could even cut the roof off and call it a Boxster......).

However, unless you've got a V10 shoehorned into that thing I don't think a few bolt on's makes it a GT.

Just my opinion. You are certainly welcome to have a different one. If you think I'm way off base here you could always start a new thread with a poll...(just don't set it up with a skewed question)

ps - FWIW, I think the yellow calipers would look cool.

Last edited by Ray S (Chicago); 04-10-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:19 AM
b9ev is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Ray S (Chicago)
Porsche does make a "GT", it's called the Carrera GT.

If you want to make it some really different (that Porsche doesn't use) why not the Cayman Type R..
This makes me think of my RSX. I just ran it last night after 5 months of non-use. Retaining its stock bumpers, and badging, it is just as fast as my Cayman S but feels a whole lot more like a race car.

I don't know what I will do with the Cayman but whatever I do, I won't rebadge it. However, if someone else wants to rebadge their car why should I care. Just don't call some simple bolt-ons serious mods.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Porschelibrary is infamous around these parts
Porsche has combined the two models into one set of workshop manuals. If someone else also has the Porsche workshop manuals or POSES they can check it out as Porsche has combined the 987 and 987C service information into one set. The manuals are over 5,000 pages plus the wiring diagrams and other info.