Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman/Boxster Forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Originally Posted by Ray S (Chicago)
I disagree. They are virutally the same car mechanically and don't really differ any more than the 997 coupe differs from the 997 cab.

Sounds like someone has really bought the Porsche marketing line "hook, line, and sinker".
+1
If you want a conv. get the boxster, coupe then get the cayman.
Other than that, same car.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:43 AM
maracuya68 is infamous around these parts
What's that about Boxster owners being older?
Just the demographics... median age is higher for Boxster owners than for Cayman owners...

Cayman owner tend to mod thatn Boxtser owners... Weird (I can understand it anyway)

Old 03-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
I think he was either a troll or an existing member trying to stir &*^% here.

Anyone who owns a Cayman knows that it is basically a hard top Boxster.

It would not make sense for a forum owner to break every model down. So we would end up with Boxster, Cayman, 997, 997 Cab, 997 TT, 997TT Cab, GT2, GT3, 997C4 etc. you get my point. The forum is broke down just fine.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:01 PM
sansan is infamous around these parts
Both are 987 by designation. What's the big deal?

Old 03-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Transporter987S is infamous around these parts
I'll say the only difference between Cayman and Boxster is the design.
Their performance is just too close to call.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:47 PM
HB.
HB. is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CaymanGT
1 more thing to ***** about ok. Every forum Thread Has the SAME picture of the GT Instead of all the different models for that forum thread..Thats kinda lazy ..

I think enough people have voiced their thoughts about the two models combined into one forum. However, there is another large Porsche community which does have both models in a seperate forum. I'm sure some of us here visit that site too, and it appears no one has any issues with them having their own forum.

As for your rant about the forum icons, it's not laziness choosing all forums to have the GT icon. It's a little harder then you think to have each forum have it's own icon. I would agree that it would improve the look of the forum to have the corresponding car image for each forum. I have done something like that for a forum that I run (not car related).

If you feel you can do a better job, why not start your own forum instead of complain about the layout over here.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:34 PM
987!!! 987!!! There... with or without hat? The riggidity issue does not play on the day to day... Technologically equal, market target slightly different....

Still a 987!!!!!

Old 03-14-2008, 07:14 PM
MidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the rough
As someone who has one of each (987 Boxster and Cayman S) I can tell you that they are exactly the same car. Even most of the sheet metal is the same. I'm not sure how Porsche can price the hardtop above the convertible but that was not an issue. I like the way the Cayman looked so I bought one. Price didn't really factor into it.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:33 PM
CaymanGT is infamous around these parts
Mods Vs No Mods

Well I have heard some ??? answers here . I am not trying to stirr the pot here and you dont need to put me down just because I want to Improve on what is already a great site.Lets Just Clarify the Boxster had a slightly Different motor a few years back so they were not always the Same Power Plant ,They are now but not always .I have to agree with what many have said about Cayman Owners Modifying their cars more.Thats mainly my point here .The Cayman owners are Mod Freaks the boxster owners are the older Playboy type.NOT all but most.I can see this conversation is going nowhere.Lets just keep it the way it is no one should EVER sugest any changes ..lets just be a bunch of Sheep

Old 03-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Lets just keep it the way it is no one should EVER sugest any changes ..lets just be a bunch of Sheep
No,... it's polite to be sheep when you are a guest in someone's home... You can change anything you want in your own home...

Old 03-17-2008, 05:35 PM
Aanthony is infamous around these parts
yeah, why dont you make your own site, with the boxster and cayman on different threads, because they obviously are two completely different cars. and then when you have your crazy site you can do the non-lazy thing and have different pictures for every thread. Dont come into someones home and ***** about the paintings on the wall.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Maracuya 68

Now Now..Sir

THIS Forum Was made for you and me. This Forum is your Forum, this Forum is my Forum From California, to the New York IslandFrom the redwood forest, to the gulf stream watersThis Forum was made for you and meAs I was walking a ribbon of highwayI saw above me an endless skywayI saw below me a golden valleyThis Forum was made for you and me I've roamed and rambled and I've followed my footstepsTo the sparkling sands of her diamond desertsAnd all around me a voice was soundingThis Forum was made for you and me The sun comes shining as I was strollingThe wheat fields waving and the dust clouds rollingThe fog was lifting a voice come chantingThis Forum was made for you and me

Old 03-17-2008, 09:33 PM
easyc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CaymanGT
Well I have heard some ??? answers here . I am not trying to stirr the pot here and you dont need to put me down just because I want to Improve on what is already a great site.Lets Just Clarify the Boxster had a slightly Different motor a few years back so they were not always the Same Power Plant ,They are now but not always .I have to agree with what many have said about Cayman Owners Modifying their cars more.Thats mainly my point here .The Cayman owners are Mod Freaks the boxster owners are the older Playboy type.NOT all but most.I can see this conversation is going nowhere.Lets just keep it the way it is no one should EVER sugest any changes ..lets just be a bunch of Sheep
You may want to add "S" on the end of cayman and boxster in that reply... because without it your point is mute.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:05 PM
easyc

Are you always so picky? easyc HHMM Maybe you should change that to MR PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-18-2008, 12:12 AM
HB.
HB. is infamous around these parts
lol all I have to say is wow.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayman/Boxster Forum