Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman/Boxster Forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 08:50 AM
djomlas is infamous around these parts
man, i wish we can get couple more threads on here like this

i say we settle this with a poll

Old 03-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Ray S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by CaymanGT
Well I have heard some ??? answers here . I am not trying to stirr the pot here and you dont need to put me down just because I want to Improve on what is already a great site.Lets Just Clarify the Boxster had a slightly Different motor a few years back so they were not always the Same Power Plant ,They are now but not always .I have to agree with what many have said about Cayman Owners Modifying their cars more.Thats mainly my point here .The Cayman owners are Mod Freaks the boxster owners are the older Playboy type.NOT all but most.I can see this conversation is going nowhere.Lets just keep it the way it is no one should EVER sugest any changes ..lets just be a bunch of Sheep
What a brilliant idea. We could create separate 2.5, 2.7, 3.2, and 3.4 Boxster forums. Then we could create separate 3.6 and 3.8 liter 997 forums and further break them down by, Cab, Targa, Tip, and AWD (they are all different after all).

OR

We could do nothing and let you slowly come to grips with the fact that you drive a Boxster with a hardtop......

Old 03-18-2008, 10:12 AM
HB.
HB. is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Ray S (Chicago)

We could do nothing and let you slowly come to grips with the fact that you drive a Boxster with a hardtop......

Are we sure he even owns either of the models? CaymanGT, I'm not saying that you don't, just your posts thus far seem a bit odd for a newbie here. lol looks at my post count.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:19 AM
CaymanGT is infamous around these parts
Ray S

Chicago boy .. what did you put on your Pizza? 13? at least the anger on this thread has subsided somewhat so I Thank you all for that.I see this conversation is going nowhere so I will just go under my hardtop Shell. As soon as I sell my CVCC and get my Cayman Gt I will return. Maybe I will rethink my purchase and just get the S-2000 .A far Better car in many ways.Cant wait to pass that first Porsche Cayman or Boxster .. Whatever

Old 03-18-2008, 11:32 AM
Ray S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura about
LOL.... You don't even own one???

Buy the S2K and have fun arguing about separate AP1/AP2 forums on s2ki.com. Maybe Honda will update the car........in another 10 years.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Ray S Chicago

I want some of that Pizza you are eating.Also I am going to Drive the BMW 135 (Twin Turbo) this weekend before I make my decision. so its down to Cayman ,S-2000,and BMW 135. This new BMW might make the porsche owners Trade up ...but BMW Traditionally Depreciates horribly like a Porsche.so Honda is a Smart choice and the Design is flawless dont you think?

Old 03-18-2008, 12:14 PM
HB.
HB. is infamous around these parts
How many times has this topic changed?

Old 03-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CaymanGT
CAs soon as I sell my CVCC and get my Cayman Gt I will return.

I must be an idiot because I did not know Porsche made a Cayman GT

Old 03-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Gary In BR

Porsche factory does not make a Cayman GT Technically.But If you Swappe the Motor out to a bigger and faster Liter Or add a Supercharger Or in you case put the steering wheel on the correct side then It can be called anything you want .Whats wrong with calling a Supercharged Cayman Or Boxster a GT? That to me is The spirit and Fun of owning a porsche.and that is also the #1 edge over any other car one can own.Customizing it to whatever you want to call it.Grand Touring can be your own version of your Customized Porsche.Is any one with me on this ?

Old 03-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Hb

Yes we have moved on.Everyone admitted earlier that my knowledge was far superier and the fear of being outsmarted by an ex-wall mart employee has scared them all away..

Old 03-18-2008, 01:12 PM
djmiroku is infamous around these parts
Not to derail this thread or anything...

Chicago pizza is good. Stuffed spinach from Giordano's *drool*

Cayman GT, whats a CVCC? What engine are you going to put in your Cayman GT? A porsche 911 engine? Are you going to send it to RUF? You know that's going to cost a little bit more than a 135 or s2000.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:16 PM
NYSpeedRacer84 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by djmiroku
Not to derail this thread or anything...

Chicago pizza is good. Stuffed spinach from Giordano's *drool*

Cayman GT, whats a CVCC? What engine are you going to put in your Cayman GT? A porsche 911 engine? Are you going to send it to RUF? You know that's going to cost a little bit more than a 135 or s2000.
I don't think he own anything yet.....

Old 03-18-2008, 02:02 PM
jeci is infamous around these parts
I own also an S2000 so I know the difference!

I do not think you are ready for a Porsche, so buy an S2000 and install a supercharger!

But you will always wish that you did not everytime you see a Porsche!

Old 03-18-2008, 02:15 PM
djmiroku

Yes I agree with the Pizza comment.That is why I was mentioning it.. So we can all Concour That You can personally Customize a Cayman Or Boxster and Call it a GT? I really Like The GT Graphics but some one mentioned Earlier that a GT logo was just a stupid thing cause the car really is not a GT.So whats the big deal? Is that upsetting to the forum members that someone puts a GT graphic on their car? No Ruff or 911 motor for me .. you are right that is very expensive. But is the GT Graphic Koser?

Old 03-18-2008, 02:32 PM
invncble is infamous around these parts
Things I have learned reading this thread.

If Porsche were to make a Cayman convertible it would be just that, not a Boxster.

Since Porsche put different engines in the Boxster before they even made the Cayman, that makes them completely different cars.

A Cayman with any type of forced induction is now a Cayman GT.

Chicago has the best pizza.

The new 135 will have porsche owners running to their BMW dealers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayman/Boxster Forum