Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman/Boxster Forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
I am going to get a new license plate, 986 GT that would be so sweet.
Or I am just going to start calling my car Boxster TT
You can be Boxster Kompressor!!

You can call your car what ever you want CaymanGT I dont care and in the big picture I dont think anyone here cares either. Its the attitude that was displayed that made this thread get a little heated. Its rude in your first post to criticize a forum you just joined.

CaymanGT beware though there is a longtime respected member with a highly modified Cayman, he calls his car a Cayman GT. I think if you mod your car as well as he did his there would be no one saying anything about you calling your car what ever you want.

Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
Gary

Doesn't essentially does that make your car and my car a Boxster GT??

Sweet when do we get the racin' stripes?

Last edited by Gary in BR; 03-18-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:48 AM
easyc is infamous around these parts
Have I told you all lately that I really enjoy my Cayman Spyder.

No way Easy, We still have our core group here. I think we just need to circle the wagons when a dumb *** comes along. I like the 6 more then 986 and have not moved 100% over to TS.

Cheers
I agree... I was just showing my frustration... we have a good Boxster/Cayman group as well... Ill second the circle the wagons motion too...

Old 03-19-2008, 07:28 AM
djmiroku is infamous around these parts
Cayman Spyder I'm almost tempted to put that on my car... But I won't.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:51 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
I thought it should technically be called a Cayman Cabriolet?

Old 03-19-2008, 10:36 AM
maracuya68 is infamous around these parts
Well, can I name mine the Pumpkster Aero GT??? And also, I want my own forum... Pumpkster
It is orange and does have aero kit... plus the fact that it has alcantara seats makes it a whole new animal...

Old 03-19-2008, 10:41 AM
CaymanGT is infamous around these parts
Cayman With Gt Logo

Ok so I might have been out of line in sugesting that the 2 cars have seperate sections .MY BAD ok .I now see that there is a group of you that call this forum your home so I was overstepping my boundries and I wont do it again I promise ok I have a legitimate Question here though . I was looking at the moderators car on the Cayman Club .He has the Cayman GT logo on the side of his car and it simply looks great.The Car looks better with it then without .It looks like it is missing something without it in my opinion and I dont care that it says Cayman Gt It could say anything but it really accents the car for the better it Looks naked without it. Now (JP S St louis) by calling anyone that has that on their Porsche..100% GHEY as well as many others that have their sarcastic comments You have Insulted MANY of your own Hommies here on 6speedonline.You want to Comment on that?

Old 03-19-2008, 10:43 AM
The sticker does make it go faster...

Old 03-19-2008, 11:11 AM
NYSpeedRacer84 is infamous around these parts
For Sure, it gives you an extra 20hp

Old 03-19-2008, 11:21 AM
^^^ 20hp on the down side, if you add an S badge you get full 50hp... now if you can find a turbo badge... that's 30 more hp at least, and it becomes a Cayman GT Turbo Coupe... quite the mouthfull isn't it?

Old 03-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Ray S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura about
I'm not a big fan of re-naming cars. Seems like a 16 year old in a Honda type thing to do.

If you stuff a GT3 motor/suspension in a Boxster and want to call it a 987 GT3, or install a Carrera GT V10 and want to call it a 987 GT I suppose there is a certain amount of logic in those names. But, short of that type of wholesale change I think it's a little silly.

Check this out......

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ter+GT3&page=2

No flame, just my opinion.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:32 AM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
I dynoed my Cayman Spyder the other day, you know the one with the twin turbo setup, as soon as I added the turbo logo on the rear the dyno increased by 20hp more to the wheels.

Last edited by Gary in BR; 03-19-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Ya know...Back about 4-5 years ago everyone was and still is into debadging their cars. Incognito is always in fashion. Like everyone said above stripes, wings, stickers do not add anything but visual HP. Go ahead get the car so I have someone to call "Stickers". Just like in Cars the movie.

Cheers

Old 03-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Ray

A 986 with a GT3 motor and Motons is what I dream about every night.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:50 AM
Ray S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura about
Ray

A 986 with a GT3 motor and Motons is what I dream about every night.
Me too!!!!!!, but in my dream it's a "Boxster Coupe" rather than a "Cayman Cab".

Old 03-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Just a boxster?
Nah I like my removable hardtop. With the suspension set up with all the goodies (i.e. sway bars, drop links, strut tower brace, Mantis/Pedro/Kirk rear bar and all the control arms.

That is my next plan of attack but I am going with the KW V3. My car will live most of its life on the street but will see more track time then garage time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayman/Boxster Forum