Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman/Boxster Forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 12:10 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by spyder997s
I thought it should technically be called a Cayman Cabriolet?

Did they call a 550 a cab? Nope it is a Spyder. A cabriolet is what you take the wife and kids to dinner in.

Remember when I said in my first post that WE are not your ordinary Boxster owners here on the 6. There are many that are about show and shine and that is all well and good but I need a little bit more caffine in my life.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:21 PM
invncble is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gary in BR
I dynoed my Cayman Spyder GT the other day, you know the one with the twin turbo setup, as soon as I added the turbo logo on the rear the dyno increased by 20hp more to the wheels.

Fixed that for ya.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:22 PM
CaymanGT is infamous around these parts
Done Deal

WELL .. I Might be Finilizing a deal this weekend on a Black Cayman s with Chrono Package.They are sending the car out to get another 15K in aftermarket goodies..lowering H&R Springs and Coil Overs,19' custom Wheels ,Remus Full catback Exhaust,Flashing CPU,Different Air Intake,Carbon Fiber Mirror Inserts,and MY FAVORITE the Cayman GT Graphics !! (In Silver) will I get some Respect here then? Call me Stickers ? I promise I wont make anymore sugestions to changing YOUR Home here ok ,Its fine the way it is. Cayman is just a Hard top Boxster . there I said it..Some very Highly Respected Cayman owners have the GT logo on their car so get Use to us ok ..and YES it adds 20 HP Visually to the car ..Its Magic ..can we all get along?

Old 03-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CaymanGT
WELL .. I Might be Finilizing a deal this weekend on a Black Cayman s with Chrono Package.They are sending the car out to get another 15K in aftermarket goodies..lowering H&R Springs and Coil Overs,19' custom Wheels ,Remus Full catback Exhaust,Flashing CPU,Different Air Intake,Carbon Fiber Mirror Inserts,and MY FAVORITE the Cayman GT Graphics !! (In Silver) will I get some Respect here then? Call me Stickers ? I promise I wont make anymore sugestions to changing YOUR Home here ok ,Its fine the way it is. Cayman is just a Hard top Boxster . there I said it..Some very Highly Respected Cayman owners have the GT logo on their car so get Use to us ok ..and YES it adds 20 HP Visually to the car ..Its Magic ..can we all get along?

Sounds like a nice Cayman. It will be a beautiful car.
I think we can all agree that peace will be restored as soon as you post pictures of the car. With a bikini model holding a sign that says "6speed rules"

Old 03-19-2008, 12:25 PM
NYSpeedRacer84 is infamous around these parts
Wait....so the dealer is sending the car out to get $15k in modifications and the CAYMAN GT decals, but you haven't finalize the deal yet?

Old 03-19-2008, 12:27 PM
maracuya68 is infamous around these parts
Sounds like it may be a used car... And, maybe, the mods are already in the garage...

Anyway it should be nice...

Last edited by maracuya68; 03-19-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:38 PM
RiceEater is infamous around these parts
Good choice! You won't need the springs if you get the coilovers. You may also want to consider the RSS plenum!

As Gary mentioned, take a pic with the sign, and we're all good.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:50 PM
easyc is infamous around these parts
Awesome... post up some photos... maybe in a new thread...

FWIW... make sure they clarify the whole HR springs AND coilover thing... unless they are talking about JIC, moton, or JRZ... I don't know of any coilovers for the Cayman that use HR springs at the same time as coilovers... its usually either lowering springs or coilovers...

FWIW part Deux... I have my car re-badged... to 986S

Old 03-19-2008, 01:18 PM
New Cayman S

Its a new Car . I just want all that stuff done to it all at once before I pick it up .They have not started yet as I need to go sign the contract and give them $$$ (Going tonight) I Negotiated the deal with all the stuff I wanted including the labor. Would have also like to add the Techart Rear wing but they would not do it for the price I wanted.They are also Tinting the windows I will have to do the tail lights myself (They wont touch them) Got some VHT Nightshades already,Going to leave the White Reverse light part alone and only do the red.Would really like to get the GMP front bumper Side skirts and tech art Rear wing but oh well ..do it sometime later maybe.. they have promised to have the car done by early next week.. will post pictures

Old 03-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck with the purchase. There is a GB on the GT3 front bumper somewhere here on the 6. One of the best visual mods you can do IMHO.

Best of luck! pics with hot bikini models are ban for life!

EDIT; FEMALE MODELS!

Old 03-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Definitely looks like a nice car! What a way to start....if you don't mind me asking what did it all come out to?

Old 03-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis

Best of luck! pics with hot bikini models OR ban for life!

EDIT; FEMALE MODELS!

Had to fix it for you

Old 03-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Cayman

Retail on the car is $66,344.00 .They are giving me $4000.00 off and doing all the Mods for a 70K total plus Tax and Tags.The Black On Black Equipped with Sport Chrono and not Optioned to death are a little Hard to find so I just want the car at this point. I could haggle more but I am putting down 40K and they have treated me really well so they deserve to make a little I think. No prob for me Just want to start driving..

Old 03-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Retail on the car is $66,344.00 .They are giving me $4000.00 off and doing all the Mods for a 70K total plus Tax and Tags.The Black On Black Equipped with Sport Chrono and not Optioned to death are a little Hard to find so I just want the car at this point. I could haggle more but I am putting down 40K and they have treated me really well so they deserve to make a little I think. No prob for me Just want to start driving..
Not to be a stickler, but your numbers are not adding up right. You stated that you're adding $15k in mods to a $62,344.00 car after $4k off, which comes to $77,344.00. And you're buying that $77,344 for $70k? Which is an additional $7k off...So basically what you're saying is that you got $11k off the price of your car?

Which dealership is this? I want them to do my mods for 1/2 off....

Last edited by NYSpeedRacer84; 03-19-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:13 PM
maracuya68 is infamous around these parts
I think what he is saying is that, there are $15,000.00 worth of mods... but I'm assuming he is getting a discount on the mods as well...

Very good deal IMHO...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayman/Boxster Forum