Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman/Boxster Forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 02:16 PM
HB.
HB. is infamous around these parts
This has to be the best topic hi-jacking I've seen in months

Old 03-19-2008, 02:21 PM
NYSpeedRacer84 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by maracuya68
I think what he is saying is that, there are $15,000.00 worth of mods... but I'm assuming he is getting a discount on the mods as well...

Very good deal IMHO...
That's a very good deal, but it's one thing if the car already has $15k in mods, but another if the dealer is sending the car out for $15k in mods and charging him 1/2 off. I want that hook up!

Old 03-19-2008, 02:23 PM
maracuya68 is infamous around these parts
Our GT friend is trying his best to save face... let's help him

Old 03-19-2008, 02:51 PM
CaymanGT is infamous around these parts
Cayman Purchase

This car does not have any Mods so Far so the 70K Included all the mods I wanted added to to Stock car ..There is somewhere around $7,500 from Invoice to sticker so so I am guessing by Installing most everything themselves the saved some $$$ .I think they are making $2000 to $3000 profit . But according to them the are making only $750.00 .The 15K in Mods was the retail so it Probally ony cost them less then 10K .. Maybe 9K .

Old 03-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Photos Next week

My Girlfriend Works at HOOTERS (I wont say where) Is it ok to post a picture with Her Hooters Shirt on when I pick up the car. Maybe with some of her friends as well? or will I be banned .Thanks

Old 03-19-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by CaymanGT
My Girlfriend Works at HOOTERS (I wont say where) Is it ok to post a picture with Her Hooters Shirt on when I pick up the car. Maybe with some of her friends as well? or will I be banned .Thanks

What kind of question is that?
of course!!! We're expecting nothing less than HOOTER GIRLS!!!

Old 03-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Hooters girls for the save!

Old 03-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Ok Hooters Girls It is

I will make my way to her work after picking up the car next week.You wont believe this one girl.. simply amazing Blonde and she says they are real...

Old 03-19-2008, 06:35 PM
easyc is infamous around these parts

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lYyo7dEPvwU

Old 03-19-2008, 06:46 PM
hilar ious

Old 03-24-2008, 02:21 PM
DaveN007 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
It is 100% GHEY! Go buy a S2000 and put a Type R sticker on it.

You are an idiot please do not buy a Porsche or post in this forum again!
Take a Cayman S. Increase the HP to greater than a Carrera S and add an LSD. If you don't think that doesn't make it "the Porsche Porsche won't build" then you don't know much about these cars.

If Farnbacher Loles can "make" a GTR and Ruf can make an "RK" and Techart can make a GTSport...then I can make a Cayman GT.

If you have a problem with that, then you have a problem. I don't.

Boxster owners are apparently upset that the same idiots who looked down on the Boxster seem to accept the Cayman. So they lash out at their hard-topped cousins? Strange. There is a place where we all get along. It is out there on the internet.

Attached Images  

Last edited by DaveN007; 03-24-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:25 PM
DaveN007 is infamous around these parts
Porsche factory does not make a Cayman GT Technically.But If you Swappe the Motor out to a bigger and faster Liter Or add a Supercharger Or in you case put the steering wheel on the correct side then It can be called anything you want .Whats wrong with calling a Supercharged Cayman Or Boxster a GT? That to me is The spirit and Fun of owning a porsche.and that is also the #1 edge over any other car one can own.Customizing it to whatever you want to call it.Grand Touring can be your own version of your Customized Porsche.Is any one with me on this ?
As the proud owner of a Cayman GT, I agree. And this is my second Cayman. The first was a 2.7. The Boxster owners around here act like whipped dogs. Hold your heads and tails high, my topless brothers. You own an awesome car. If it took a hardtop Coxster to get people to realize it, so be it. Some of us haven't aged so well as to drive around naked to the world. We need metal above us. Don't hate. LOL.

Fun video. There is as least one Cayman Spyder GTR out there from Farnbacher Loles...

http://www.streetfire.net/video/911-...ing_155003.htm

Last edited by DaveN007; 03-24-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Cayman Cab S is infamous around these parts
Cool

Originally Posted by DaveN007
As the proud owner of a Cayman GT, I agree. And this is my second Cayman. The first was a 2.7. The Boxster owners around here act like whipped dogs. Hold your head high. You own an awesome car. If it took a hardtop Boxster to get people to realize it, so be it.
+1!! I'm the proud owner of a Cayman Cabriolet. I think Cayman GT is yanking some people's chain, claiming to be a prospective buyer and having a hooter's GF. Yeah, I'm calling Cayman GT out.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
It was the way it was originally posted. PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THREAD.

Long story short if you want to make it a GT or whatever then go ahead. It is your car not mine. Of course I would say the same thing to a guy putting an RS on his GT3 unless it was a true GT3 RS. I said it once and I will say it again "incognito will never go out of style".

Also if you get a chance you can read all about my car in the link below.

Last edited by JP-S-St.Louis; 03-24-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:20 PM
easyc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DaveN007
Take a Cayman S. Increase the HP to greater than a Carrera S and add an LSD. If you don't think that doesn't make it "the Porsche Porsche won't build" then you don't know much about these cars.

If Farnbacher Loles can "make" a GTR and Ruf can make an "RK" and Techart can make a GTSport...then I can make a Cayman GT.

If you have a problem with that, then you have a problem. I don't.

Boxster owners are apparently upset that the same idiots who looked down on the Boxster seem to accept the Cayman. So they lash out at their hard-topped cousins? Strange. There is a place where we all get along. It is out there on the internet.
This isn't new... people did the same thing with 914s shoving bigger 911 engines in there... If you take a cayman S, increase its horsepower above that of a carrera S (to make up for the nearly have liter of difference in displacement ), and add a LSD, it doesn't make you a Cayman GT... If I read your VIN number it will still be a Cayman S... Yeah porsche won't build that car, and I wish they did... but I don't blame them right now. A car is the car it is... you, techart, F&L, or whoever can modify it and then add badges from hear to eternity... in the end you will still be driving a Cayman S, albeit not stock. Now my 986S (Look I didn't make up a name, but I didn't write boxster) has nothing stock left to it besides my scrabble egg headlights... Ive touched it all... but does it make it a Boxster GT? No... I love the cayman S, and I love everything that these tuners are doing (except the gaudy HP numbers to a NA engine) for the cayman..... BUT some people... myself included... are tired of people joining this trend of adding GT to their cayman... To finish my rant... Ruf is an exception, true rufs that is... they are their own car... VIN and all. Ruf conversions in my book are legit as well, but throwing on a intake, flashing your ECU, and adding a pulley... does not make your Cayman S into a the equivalent of a Ruf... Lastly I have one question..... WHAT are you going to do if Porsche decides to come out with a 3.8 Cayman with LSD, coilovers, and other GT3 suspension goodies... AND call it say the Cayman GT? Are you going to leave your cool logo... which as it looks you took no care to locate right on your car... and claim your car is still a Cayman GT?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayman/Boxster Forum