Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman/Boxster Forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 07:28 PM
chaud
Originally Posted by DaveN007
As the proud owner of a Cayman GT, I agree. And this is my second Cayman. The first was a 2.7. The Boxster owners around here act like whipped dogs. Hold your heads and tails high, my topless brothers. You own an awesome car. If it took a hardtop Coxster to get people to realize it, so be it. Some of us haven't aged so well as to drive around naked to the world. We need metal above us. Don't hate. LOL.

Fun video. There is as least one Cayman Spyder GTR out there from Farnbacher Loles...

http://www.streetfire.net/video/911-...ing_155003.htm
Awesome vid! Love that Farnbacher Cayman

Old 03-25-2008, 11:35 AM
CaymanGT is infamous around these parts
Cayman Cab S

As a matter of fact My car is almost done.Picking it up tomorrow and will post some Pics.I can undertsand you trying to call me out I still dont Understand that everyone has a problem with calling your car a GT,I believe all it stands for is Grand Touring Correct? And Really what the heck is that anyway,The only one that should even Question this would be our Friends that own a GT-3 not Boxster or Cayman owners ,I dont think Porsche will ever make a GT package for the Boxster/Cayman so I must agree with DaveN007 ..Hey If I saw a Boxster with a GT logo on It I would not have a problem with that .More power to ya!! Boxster Gt Cayman Gt its all cool .heck we all own Porsches for gods sake Lighten Up a little .. DaveN007 SWEET RIDE!!! Love that GT logo and you have big kahunnas these guys have been Ripping me to death here all over a friendy Sugestion..Mine is on the side .saw it yesterday cant wait till tomorrow !!! Brings 1 Question to mind .. Why would someone Buy a Boxster over a Cayman?

Old 03-25-2008, 01:31 PM
DaveN007 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by easyc
This isn't new... people did the same thing with 914s shoving bigger 911 engines in there... If you take a cayman S, increase its horsepower above that of a carrera S (to make up for the nearly have liter of difference in displacement ), and add a LSD, it doesn't make you a Cayman GT... If I read your VIN number it will still be a Cayman S... Yeah porsche won't build that car, and I wish they did... but I don't blame them right now. A car is the car it is... you, techart, F&L, or whoever can modify it and then add badges from hear to eternity... in the end you will still be driving a Cayman S, albeit not stock. Now my 986S (Look I didn't make up a name, but I didn't write boxster) has nothing stock left to it besides my scrabble egg headlights... Ive touched it all... but does it make it a Boxster GT? No... I love the cayman S, and I love everything that these tuners are doing (except the gaudy HP numbers to a NA engine) for the cayman..... BUT some people... myself included... are tired of people joining this trend of adding GT to their cayman... To finish my rant... Ruf is an exception, true rufs that is... they are their own car... VIN and all. Ruf conversions in my book are legit as well, but throwing on a intake, flashing your ECU, and adding a pulley... does not make your Cayman S into a the equivalent of a Ruf... Lastly I have one question..... WHAT are you going to do if Porsche decides to come out with a 3.8 Cayman with LSD, coilovers, and other GT3 suspension goodies... AND call it say the Cayman GT? Are you going to leave your cool logo... which as it looks you took no care to locate right on your car... and claim your car is still a Cayman GT?
So...there is a proper place for the logo that shouldn't be there? Gotta love female logic.

Hint: My car doesn't have a rear engine deck lid like the GT3. People with body kits put the logo in a different spot.

As I said before, you are the one with a problem. Why you can't just enjoy your Botoxster without getting sand in your mangina is beyond me.

Last edited by DaveN007; 03-25-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
It was the way it was originally posted. PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THREAD.

Long story short if you want to make it a GT or whatever then go ahead. It is your car not mine. Of course I would say the same thing to a guy putting an RS on his GT3 unless it was a true GT3 RS. I said it once and I will say it again "incognito will never go out of style".

Also if you get a chance you can read all about my car in the link below.
I am not defending the guy with the **** star girlfriend/ pilot of his yacht's helicopter. LOL.

I am just puzzled by the hostility here.

A group of Cayman owners have agreed that the Cayman GT is a concept. The car Porsche won't build. Throwing off the limits imposed upon the car by the Carrera folks. I want a car with all of the performance of a Carrera, but with an engine in the middle. I don't need a back seat.

I am not saying my car is a Turbo when it isn't. GT doesn't really mean anything except that it is different. (Gran Turismo? No. The GT2 and GT3 are not Gran Turismos) If you have driven a Cayman S with 50 extra HP and LSD and don't think it is significantly different considering it's place in the Porsche line up...well...you would be the first.

There is no such thing a s a "real" Cayman GT. So this isn't the same as the GT3 adding an RS to the car.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by CaymanGT
Why would someone Buy a Boxster over a Cayman?
Because they want a convertible. The RS60 Spyder and the LE Orange Boxsters are beautiful cars that are identical in performance with their hardtop siblings. On a track, the difference will be the driver...not the car.

I was faster than a Boxster S (987) with R compound tires in my cayman (2.7)PS2's, and I have been passed by a Boxster (986 no-S) while driving my 3.4.

Here is a lap of Thunderhill on Friday where I followed a Miata. Because I couldn't catch him.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY5utbOJFGs[/media]

Old 03-25-2008, 02:07 PM
sansan is infamous around these parts
How about no more posts until he posts a pic of the modded car with his gf and the 6 speed rules sign?

Old 03-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
Well. hes not picking the car up until tomorrow so we can give him until Thursday

Old 03-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute

I was faster than a Boxster S (987) with R compound tires in my cayman (2.7)PS2's, and I have been passed by a Boxster (986 no-S) while driving my 3.4.
I hear you I have been pointed by a 996TT when my car was still stock. Ok well maybe not stock but close. For some of those that do not remember my car was once close to stock. I enjoy the Cayman a lot and would consider it if I was not so vested in my 986. I do however love the lines of my 986 and with my hardtop I get the best of both worlds. Now you throw a F/L Cayman GTR at me and you have a deal. I would also love to see one with the motor from a GT3 and a set of Motons.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:35 PM
sansan

No Problem...Just hang Tight all you Doubters.. DaveN007 she just works at Hooters no big Deal lots of girls work there doesnt mean they are **** Stars.Just a lot of Fun People .They are putting the BBI Pulley on My car right now .so far the work Completed is Lowered with H and R springs,Flashed,19" Custom Wheels (Black ,Staggerd with Chrome lip) Nitto Tires,Clear side markers,painted Bottom piece of the mirrors silver and tech art carbon fiber Mirror inserts,Remus Exhaust/Catback,De Emblemized,De-snorkeled..Tomorrow the GT graphics put On the sides(In Silver) and Tinted windows all around .the front hood lip is on order and will be put on later.I guess I dont Exist until I prove otherwise on this forum.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Gary In BR

Thanks . You are all soooo kind.. almost forgot . Tinter is doing the rear tail lights as well But leaving the reverse light alone (VHT Spray though) looks better ...

Old 03-25-2008, 05:40 PM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
Ok well maybe not stock but close. For some of those that do not remember my car was once close to stock.
Your Boxster was stock??

It was so long ago for me that I do not remember when mine was stock.
Hmmm....it was stock before I added forced induction on her. Or was the stock label removed when I desnorked?

Boxster are great stock but once you enter the black hole of moding you will never be the same.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:21 PM
easyc is infamous around these parts
So...there is a proper place for the logo that shouldn't be there? Gotta love female logic.

Hint: My car doesn't have a rear engine deck lid like the GT3. People with body kits put the logo in a different spot.

As I said before, you are the one with a problem. Why you can't just enjoy your Botoxster without getting sand in your mangina is beyond me.
wow I ruffled your panties didn't I? I have no real problem, like I said its a matter of opinion... mine happens to be as it is. I also never went to name calling... that was you, and your second? third? grade logic? Im not going to get into my reference to your logo. I guess I cherish my female logic too much Go enjoy your Cayman GT... hang around here by all means... talk less about how you've created a new Porsche and instead of how wonderful the car is to drive.

You still didn't answer my question though... and I have another, why just a GT... porsche has other logos sitting around you can buy through Eric or whoever else?

Old 03-25-2008, 11:23 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by easyc
talk less about how you've created a new Porsche and instead of how wonderful the car is to drive.
ding ding ding.....winner.......... winner........ chicken dinner!

Old 03-26-2008, 12:23 AM
Cayman Cab S is infamous around these parts
Cayman GT

Originally Posted by CaymanGT
No Problem...Just hang Tight all you Doubters.. DaveN007 she just works at Hooters no big Deal lots of girls work there doesnt mean they are **** Stars.Just a lot of Fun People .They are putting the BBI Pulley on My car right now .so far the work Completed is Lowered with H and R springs,Flashed,19" Custom Wheels (Black ,Staggerd with Chrome lip) Nitto Tires,Clear side markers,painted Bottom piece of the mirrors silver and tech art carbon fiber Mirror inserts,Remus Exhaust/Catback,De Emblemized,De-snorkeled..Tomorrow the GT graphics put On the sides(In Silver) and Tinted windows all around .the front hood lip is on order and will be put on later.I guess I dont Exist until I prove otherwise on this forum.
If you"re near CA, I'll buy beers. No harm, no foul? I'd recommend checking out the Softronic plenum/flash and Borla catback. More info on Caymanclub.net. Being on older Cabriolet owner, I'm happy with my Softronic flash w/Sport Chrono and Milltek headers/catback. Modding is fun for all ages! Call your car anything you want! Cayman Cabriolets are great top-down fun.

Last edited by Cayman Cab S; 03-26-2008 at 12:26 AM.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Cayman Cab S

Thanks so much .. Hey How much is the Softronic flash? They are telling me they have to send something out (CPU) I think to get it Flashed now.The Co they are sending it to this is the(First One they have done) Not too happy about that .this will delay things a little and they are charging me almost $1,000 .. I am paying cash for all the aftermarket stuff so I dont have to pay Interest on them .They have already Installed the Remus ..They had 1 there already someone Cancelled out on

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayman/Boxster Forum