Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Debuts The Boxster RS60 Spyder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 04:34 PM
eurospek is infamous around these parts
Porsche Debuts The Boxster RS60 Spyder

Porsche is presenting the new Boxster RS 60 Spyder in Germany. From April 4, the most recent model in the successful Boxster series will be celebrating its first home appearance at the 18th Auto Mobil International (AMI) in Leipzig. The city is home to Porsche’s second production location, complementing the main factory in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen. At the motor show there are other highlights to be appreciated, too: the innovative power train of the future Cayenne, with its Full Parallel Hybrid drive giving particularly low fuel consumption, and the Porsche RS Spyder racing car.

With eight overall wins in the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) in 2007, the RS Spyder has proved itself as the racing car with the most international overall victories to have been designed and built in Germany. Moreover, in its triumphal progress through the USA, the RS Spyder was using the especially environmentally friendly E10-fuel which contains ten percent bioethanol by volume.
By contrast, the newest version of the mid-engine two-seater Porsche Boxster is reminiscent of the great racing triumphs of the 1960s. The RS 60 Spyder is a vivid reminder of the Porsche racing era of the ’sixties in color, shape, fittings and philosophy. The Boxster, which enjoys the full power of 303 PS (223 kW), thanks to its sporting exhaust system, holds the promise of correspondingly sporty driving dynamics combined with Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) as standard equipment, and 19-inch wheels. The modern Roadster in ’sixties style comes luxuriously equipped, and – in commemoration of the year 1960 when its ‘role model’ and predecessor, the Porsche 718 RS 60 Spyder, first made its appearance – production is limited to a series of 1,960 vehicles.

Porsche will be giving a privileged insight into its development activities with the Cayenne Hybrid, whose innovative drive train can be seen in Leipzig at the AMI. The emphatically sporting all-terrain vehicle will be available within the present decade as a “Full Parallel Hybrid”. This particularly efficient Hybrid system has an electric motor placed between the internal combustion engine and the transmission. The Hybrid drive offers not only maximized fuel economy, but also the additional possibility of driving in a completely emission-free, electrically-powered mode.
http://www.autospies.com/news/Porsch...-Spyder-27468/

Old 03-14-2008, 04:49 PM
HB.
HB. is infamous around these parts
I think I'm feeling everything but the red top.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:37 PM
maracuya68 is infamous around these parts
hmmm... not as limited as the orange boxster!!! LOL

Old 03-14-2008, 06:08 PM
djmiroku is infamous around these parts
I think they are making way too many of these and they don't offer anything truly special enough to deserve the RS name.

I saw one in person last night and it's nice but it was optioned up to almost $74,000

Old 03-14-2008, 06:57 PM
HB.
HB. is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by djmiroku
I think they are making way too many of these and they don't offer anything truly special enough to deserve the RS name.

I saw one in person last night and it's nice but it was optioned up to almost $74,000

Reminds me of a Cayman I saw at the dealership the other day. All the options had it almost at $80k But man it looked good.

http://www.carthink.net/inventory/Eu...AB29878U781445

Last edited by HB.; 03-14-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
There are 2 at the dealer over here.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:01 AM
Bob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really nice
I like the Red steering wheel rim...if someone wants to buy a Black Sport steering wheel rim let me know - I will keep my Black center w/airbag so everything is not Red.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:37 PM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
I dont think that Porsche should have used the RS name with out making the car more of an RS.

Drop the weight or something make it more of an "RS" than by name alone.

Otherwise its a nice looking car.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:46 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Hmmm.... Feel like I've seen this before...

I agree... Changing the name and a few colors alone should not be worthy of the RS badge. Would have been nice to really see a 'special boxster' though.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:49 AM
sansan is infamous around these parts
Saw one at my local dealership and wasn't that impressed. It looked ok, but didn't wow me the way an RS should.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:45 AM
djomlas is infamous around these parts
i love the red top.
i dunno, this car kinda doesn't do it for me....just another silver box with red interior...how uncommon?

the orange LE is much more appealing than this...but it does have a cool name

Old 03-18-2008, 09:49 AM
gtrmonkey is infamous around these parts
5 more hp woot woot

Old 03-18-2008, 03:03 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
i love it

Old 03-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Ray S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura aboutRay S (Chicago) has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Gary in BR
I dont think that Porsche should have used the RS name with out making the car more of an RS.

Drop the weight or something make it more of an "RS" than by name alone.

Otherwise its a nice looking car.
+1.....

Old 03-19-2008, 10:01 AM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
That car is super nice! Sounds great!!!!!

Out of our first 3, 2 are sold, both with red tops!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Debuts The Boxster RS60 Spyder