Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6speedonline/Internet Brands

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 06:02 PM
CaymanGT is infamous around these parts
6speedonline/Internet Brands

Just a FYI ..I don't know how many of you here know this but a couple of weeks ago a company called Internet Brands acquired 6speedonline and Rennlist, yep they are now both owned by the same people.
Internet Brands, Inc. - Internet Brands, Inc. Acquires Nine Websites

If you look up the board of directors of Internet Brands, none other than Roger Penske sits on the board. Could this be some sort of backdoor Porsche influence over top Porsche sites?

Has this website forced Porsche's hand?

Old 03-17-2008, 06:07 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Welcome to 4 weeks ago.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:34 PM
easyc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CaymanGT
Just a FYI ..I don't know how many of you here know this but a couple of weeks ago a company called Internet Brands acquired 6speedonline and Rennlist, yep they are now both owned by the same people.
Internet Brands, Inc. - Internet Brands, Inc. Acquires Nine Websites

If you look up the board of directors of Internet Brands, none other than Roger Penske sits on the board. Could this be some sort of backdoor Porsche influence over top Porsche sites?

Has this website forced Porsche's hand?

Yeah we had no idea... Im glad you could be the one to break the news... Your off to a great start!!!

Old 03-17-2008, 10:07 PM
CaymanGT is infamous around these parts
easyc

Anyone ever tell you you are an A Hole?

Old 03-17-2008, 10:09 PM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
i knew about this almost two months ago.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:23 PM
easyc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CaymanGT
Anyone ever tell you you are an A Hole?
Have you ever heard of the search function? Im not going out of my way to be A hole, Im just trying to help you understand the level of conversation we expect... this community is falling apart, and Im trying to do my little part... probably not worth it, but oh well. Why don't you try starting a thread about your car, or something worth while... Saying we should have different forums for two near identical vehicles is dumb... Maybe it wouldn't be if there 10x the posts about each, but there aren't... Don't take what I am saying the wrong way. In the past, you would have been scared away from here in a heart beat for starting out like this... I haven't passsed any judgement yet though FWIW

Old 03-18-2008, 01:38 PM
dubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura about
Internet Brands has been buying up automotive forum websites for the past year or so. They've also acquired Audiworld.com and have their sites set on a few others.

Some "in the know" people I've talked to have told me that Internet Brands eventually plans to consolidate all of these forum sites into one enormous automotive mega-forum, encompassing every make of car out there. If you search around some VW, Acura, Audi, Dodge, etc forums, you'll see the name Internet Brands buying up a lot of them.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:41 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Forums owned by one company seems to be taking a step backwards in my opinion. I mean, to me, the forums were the last un-tainted place you could go and voice your opinion, read untainted stuff, and not be part of a larger "agenda"....

I feel like all these boards being owned by one giant is a baad thing.....just dont like the vibe i get.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:59 PM
HB.
HB. is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dubaudi
Internet Brands has been buying up automotive forum websites for the past year or so. They've also acquired Audiworld.com and have their sites set on a few others.

Some "in the know" people I've talked to have told me that Internet Brands eventually plans to consolidate all of these forum sites into one enormous automotive mega-forum, encompassing every make of car out there. If you search around some VW, Acura, Audi, Dodge, etc forums, you'll see the name Internet Brands buying up a lot of them.
I guess they would be trying to compete with automotiveforums.com?

Old 03-19-2008, 10:50 AM
maracuya68 is infamous around these parts
Penske owns the largest dealer network in the USA... marketing wise forums are a good way to take the pulse of the potential customers...

Old 03-20-2008, 06:50 PM
dubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by HB.
I guess they would be trying to compete with automotiveforums.com?

Couldn't really tell ya what their motive is, I just don't know. It was just bits of info passed to me by someone in the business. He could be wrong too, but the recent trend does seem to be confirming. Not likely that Internet Brands will want a bunch of different sites with dozens of different "look and feel". They'll probably want one consistent image for all the sites, I would guess.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:59 PM
juniorbean has much to be proud ofjuniorbean has much to be proud ofjuniorbean has much to be proud ofjuniorbean has much to be proud ofjuniorbean has much to be proud ofjuniorbean has much to be proud ofjuniorbean has much to be proud ofjuniorbean has much to be proud of
LOL... You should really try using the search function...

Posted Jan. 15, 2008
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...nternet+brands