Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting ready for the Cayman S, please chime in...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 09:02 PM
boostedtwin is a glorious beacon of lightboostedtwin is a glorious beacon of lightboostedtwin is a glorious beacon of lightboostedtwin is a glorious beacon of lightboostedtwin is a glorious beacon of lightboostedtwin is a glorious beacon of light
Arrow Getting ready for the Cayman S, please chime in...

I've been around this forum since last year and now decided to jump on a Cayman S. Here's the deal: $63k MSRP. I'm doing a trade in with $4900 upside down, with all the discounts, the Cayman S will cost me $57k + tax + tags + fees.
Car has the Atlas Grey Mettalic Special color, Sea Blue Sport Seats, Silver seat belts, special caps, and some other options that I don't remember now. This is a 2007 model car but brand new. I think it's a pretty good price for the car with the options and MSRP price. What do you guys think? I'm buying the car, no lease involved. Should I jump on a 2008 year and pay $5k more for the same car?

Getting ready for the mods:

Springs: Which one will give me the lowest stance?
I was thinking to go H&R.

Exhaust: Which one will give better sound? Not worried about HP gains as I know is minimal on any setup. Looking for aggressive sound, it can be loud but good loud. Not too raspy.

Wheels: Does the Cayman fits most 911 wheels? What max tire size can I use?
I was thinking going with the Porsche Carrera Sport Wheels or Art tech 5 spokes. If going with last option, better go in 19" or 20". I was thinking 19".

Would you guys recommend getting the short shifter and sport chrono package? Is really worth the money?

I appreciate all the help and inputs as this is my first porsche to date.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:57 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like a good deal, but I'm sure you could swing the same deal for an '08. The bottom line is that you get a discount, and the options you want (not too many though, or you may as well get a Carrera/S).

Springs: Techart is a little higher than H&R's. Your choice. I personally prefer coilovers.

Exhaust: so many to choose from, and its really a matter of preference.

Wheels: The cayman has different offsets than the 911, as well as different widths for the rear wheels. If you want to track your car and not switch wheels when going to the track, stick with 19's with Michelin PS2's.

Sport Chrono: does nothing for the car except shortens the pedal travel. Feels nice, but it's a gimmick. You can save your money and get it chipped instead. Short shifter is notchy, and I personally prefer the stock shifter (easier to shift). If you plan to track a lot, the short shifter would be better.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:01 PM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
Dealers here are knocking $10k off 07 Caymans. Whatever happens, enjoy it. It's an awesome car!

Old 03-20-2008, 11:04 PM
SKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud of
check out the Capristo exhaust.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
That is a good deal for the 07, if it don't really care about getting a 08 then go for it.

You can fit some beefy tires in the back also.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:18 AM
hatchimon is infamous around these parts
the champion motorsports h&r springs seem to lower it a lil more then the regular h&r sport springs....I have the regular and wish I gotten the champ ones!

Old 03-21-2008, 05:48 AM
boostedtwin is a glorious beacon of lightboostedtwin is a glorious beacon of lightboostedtwin is a glorious beacon of lightboostedtwin is a glorious beacon of lightboostedtwin is a glorious beacon of lightboostedtwin is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for info. I'm going to try to and get a 08 for the same deal, the 08 model that i liked will cost another $4k but will try to pay that difference only instead a whole different calculation since they did not want to cover up side down on 08 models for my car.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Got the car today... Such a nice car, what a difference... Got the Cayman S in Atlas Grey color with Sea Blue interior. Very unique combo. Now let the mods begin.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Nuvolari is infamous around these parts
I would not pay extra for the 07 as you will only be absorbing extra depreciation on a car that looks the same.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:15 PM
eurospek is infamous around these parts