Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HRE or CHAMPIONS? need advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 09:41 PM
jonathan@millaracing is infamous around these parts
are you going to track the car?
do you want a custom fitment?

how are the roads where you live?

Old 04-04-2008, 06:16 AM
xpikenz is infamous around these parts
thanks for all the thoughts/comments guys.. what about KINESIS? i had an offer to trade my HRE for a set of kinesis + cash.. not exactly sure on which set he has to offer yet and also how much cash hes willing to spend..

im located out in federal way.. the roads are not that great but not that bad, ive been living here for 15 years so im use to the raods.. got in a lot of practice from driving those super low hondas/acuras! im lookin forward to tracking the car later on down the road but im just gettin started on it and its a long way from being ready for the tracks..

im actually waiting for my H&R springs to come in and im not exactly sure if the 19s would fit after lowering the car cause im already rubbing when i turn/taking a hard corner. the 19s fill in the tire gaps fairly well without the car even being lowered.. maybe the HRE's would fit/look better once my suspensions in.

ill pm you st.louis ang give you more details about the HRE's and maybe we can work something out.

Last edited by xpikenz; 04-04-2008 at 06:31 AM.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:48 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Sure and I have a set of Eibach lowering springs about to come off of my car. I am going with coilovers. PM me and I will give you some advice on lowering your car and what to and not to do.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:06 AM
how much are you trying to sell your used eibachs for? i was just trying to order a set off of vivid racing but they sent me an email sayin they're out of stock for another 2-3 weeks. i just placed an order for a set of H&R springs and the transaction is pending. are you switching out your suspension anytime soon? if so maybe i can just pick those eibachs off of you to save me a few dollars!

Old 04-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Yea mine should be off in the next 2 weeks tops. I am buying a set of KW V3's. If you want to use as part trade for either the Champions or if you get the Kinesis. Let me tell you know that you want the adjustable rear toe arms on your car if you lower it. If you do not do this you will chew through tires and not be able to get within spec on any alignment machine.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:25 PM
tmtacq is infamous around these parts
I would be cautious about Fikse's, I read they were just bought out by Lexani and are no longer making the same type of wheels. Replacements and the service you've come to expect from Fikse is now in Lexani's hands.

Old 04-05-2008, 06:01 AM
fiskes are also a great brand.. theres so many types of wheels out there made for p-cars.. what would you guys rank from top to bottom?.. you all seem very firmiliar with your wheels and suspensions..

how much am i lookin at for the rear toe arms? are those still recomended if i pick up 1 piece suspensions? i was never really a big suspension guy so all advice would help..

heres a few pics of the kinesis K27s

the original owner says there custom 18s since the k27 are originally made only in 17s..

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/...z/IMG_3482.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/xpikenz/wheel2.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/...z/IMG_3481.jpg

Old 04-05-2008, 06:03 AM
so may options and so many great wheels to pick from.. the owner of the kinesis is from vancouver.. and willing to drive down also.. what is my best options.. sorry for so many questions.. i just dont wanna end up keeping or having the ****tiest wheels from the 3.

Old 04-05-2008, 05:17 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
champion...hands down....

Old 04-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Freezeman is infamous around these parts
Champions look hot.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Just a boxster?
Here is the deal. If you lower with spring you need rear toe links to help combat the negative camber that your car will have with lowering springs. Shoot me a price on the Fikse, I think if I powder coated them charcoal the would look good on my car.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:26 AM
OJwerks is infamous around these parts
Champions....unless the HREs are uber sick, not in this case

Old 04-06-2008, 05:23 AM
well shoot me an offer on the "KINESIS" JP! they are not fiskes.. just to make everything clear.. haha since i am reading fiskes rims out of no where.. but yeah.. ill most likely give the guy a call about to trade over the weekend.. if you are interested in the "KINESIS" K27s.. give me a call maybe tuesday and we'll definitely get together..

-ken

Old 04-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Gilles is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by xpikenz
well shoot me an offer on the "KINESIS" JP! they are not fiskes.. just to make everything clear.. haha since i am reading fiskes rims out of no where.. but yeah.. ill most likely give the guy a call about to trade over the weekend.. if you are interested in the "KINESIS" K27s.. give me a call maybe tuesday and we'll definitely get together..

-ken
If you are interested on selling the Champions please let me know thank you, Gilles g_deprevoisin@jpus.com

Old 04-08-2008, 09:43 AM
hey guys.. ive decided to sell the wheels.. but i am lookin to sell it locally.. if your in the washington/seattle area! i want local pickups only.. im do not want to ship these out!

asking price on the 597R would start at 3500.obo make offer if interested

i found out the champions are FAKE! they are still nice lookin wheels but they are replicas so im willing to let them go for 1500.firm! they are fake but still nice lookin wheels.

-206 697 7223 - shystyikenz@yahoo.com

Last edited by xpikenz; 04-08-2008 at 09:46 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HRE or CHAMPIONS? need advice