Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pumpkin / Halloween LE Boxster Finally HERE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 02:17 AM
pdxboxster is infamous around these parts
On my drive to Seattle tonight, I had 4 people separately comment about the car and its great color.

On a separate thought, is Cayman GT for real?

Old 04-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Mikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to behold
Does this model come with the sport exhaust?

Old 04-30-2008, 07:35 PM
nick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Mikli
Does this model come with the sport exhaust?
Yes it does.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:12 AM
Mikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to behold
But is it different from the RS 60 Spyder and the regular Sport exhaust??

Old 05-01-2008, 12:43 AM
pdxboxster is infamous around these parts
I've been also wondering if it's any different from the RS 60. The RS60 exhaust is rated at 8 more hp. But does anyone really know for sure that it's different than the Orange LE?

Old 05-01-2008, 10:48 AM
maracuya68 is infamous around these parts
That was exaclty my question.

From what I read the Sport Exahust in my car isn't really a sports Exahust more than it is a baffler to make it sound nice...

Still doesn't make sense to me but what the hey...

Old 05-02-2008, 09:12 AM
GCB
GCB is infamous around these parts
Sport exhaust is more than a baffler...it works through and with the engine electronics as well having affect on the valve and sound of the sport mufflers.

The LS Boxster, RS60, etc.. are all the same sport exhaust.. only difference with the RS60 is probably a minor tweak of the ECU to bump the hp. I have an '08 Boxster S and just had a sport exhaust installed... and now it sounds almost identical to my friends RS60. The porsche guy who installed mine also agrees that even though porsche says there is no change in hp with the sport exhaust... allowing exhaust to flow more freely (like it will with PSE) has to have some effect on the horsepower numbers.... regardless, 8 hp or not...one would not even feel that difference in the car or their *** dyno.

one thing I did notice however, was a slight loss in low rpm torque. As I mentioned in a previous thread... it could just be my imagination (car is only 1 month old), but it seems like it. My porsche guy said..it is possible with exhaust fumes more easily getting out...therefore less backpressure...so it could have an affect on low rpm torque...but it would make it up in the higher rpms. Also he feels that the electronics of the engine will over time re-establish / correct the change in this. He feels it might take about a month.

Too bad I didn't do a before and after dyno... ****.. I wish I had... to have some real objective numbers to compare. Have any of you seen any before/after numbers with Porsche PSE? anyway... it sounds incredible and is loads of fun... I previously had a '03 boxster s ...so this one is even more fun and powerful!

Old 05-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
New Pumpkin

Best Looking Boxster Ever Made ..DROOL DROOL .. wish I had one You lucky dog

Old 05-02-2008, 03:47 PM
That's good to know. I'm just picking up one and I can save my money on the exhaust upgrade for now... hehehe

Old 05-02-2008, 06:20 PM
maracuya68 is infamous around these parts
Old 05-02-2008, 08:44 PM
DesertCaymanS is infamous around these parts
Gotta go see one of those!

Old 05-02-2008, 08:47 PM
SoCal955 is infamous around these parts
Congrats, enjoy in good health.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by maracuya68
Shoot! I don't have facebook!! btw, I really like the photos you posted on your LE.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:25 AM
socal is infamous around these parts
pictures please

Old 05-05-2008, 03:19 PM
There are some very nice photos here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...=73794&page=14

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pumpkin / Halloween LE Boxster Finally HERE!