Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pumpkin / Halloween LE Boxster Finally HERE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 12:30 AM
pdxboxster is infamous around these parts
Pumpkin / Halloween LE Boxster Finally HERE!

I finally got my 2008 LE Boxster in bright Crayola ORANGE!!

It arrived tonight with 44 miles off Thomas Sunday's truck. It's a beaut. I've driven it 3 fun miles.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:58 AM
maracuya68 is infamous around these parts
What number is it?

Congrats... you will never regret it...

Old 04-08-2008, 02:07 PM
# 186.All options, manual transmission. Sunny weather this weekend will be my first opportunity to let it rip.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:13 PM
sansan is infamous around these parts
Congrats! Have fun with the break in period like me. I'm still only at around 300 miles and you're supposed to keep it below 4200 rpm for the first 2000 miles!!!!

I'm #197 btw...

Old 04-10-2008, 05:32 PM
djomlas is infamous around these parts
congrats man

Old 04-10-2008, 09:00 PM
boostedtwin is a glorious beacon of lightboostedtwin is a glorious beacon of lightboostedtwin is a glorious beacon of lightboostedtwin is a glorious beacon of lightboostedtwin is a glorious beacon of lightboostedtwin is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by sansan
Congrats! Have fun with the break in period like me. I'm still only at around 300 miles and you're supposed to keep it below 4200 rpm for the first 2000 miles!!!!

I'm #197 btw...
This is hard to maintain.... I'm at 560 miles and starting to push up to 5200 rpm. I'm trying to hold on at least until 1000 miles which i should be pushing up to 6500 rpm from the point on.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by boostedtwin
This is hard to maintain.... I'm at 560 miles and starting to push up to 5200 rpm. I'm trying to hold on at least until 1000 miles which i should be pushing up to 6500 rpm from the point on.
Yeah I'll be pushing the revs higher gradually. I've gone upto 5000 rpm's once in a while in 1st gear. When I hit 1000 miles I'll be more comfortable in the 5000 range. 1500 miles I'll be pushing the 6000 and at 2000 the full fun begins!

To the OP. When you say all options, which ones did you get specifically? What kind of deal did you get on your car? Just wondering since I just got mine 3 weeks ago.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:30 PM
To the OP. When you say all options, which ones did you get specifically? What kind of deal did you get on your car? Just wondering since I just got mine 3 weeks ago.
I've only got 80 miles so far. Trying to find time when it's not raining to get miles on. Not usually possible at this time in the Pacific NW but this weekend looks awesome! I'm hoping to go to the coast and back. And I have to head up to Seattle next week so I need to decide which car to take. I drove it top down this morning with the outside temp 44°. Wonderful!!

The car had everything that you could order for an orange boxster S, bixenons, Bose, PCM/Nav, Sport Chrono, windstop, heated seats, and $90 floor mats. I got the car at an amazing price, slightly above invoice. Although it was never titled, the warranty was started 1/31/08 and I just got the car this week after shipping it from the East coast. So I'm out 2 months of warranty but it was worth the savings.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:23 PM
paulfromtulsa has a spectacular aura aboutpaulfromtulsa has a spectacular aura aboutpaulfromtulsa has a spectacular aura about
sweet and unique

Old 04-11-2008, 04:38 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
congratulations

Old 04-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by pdxboxster
I've only got 80 miles so far. Trying to find time when it's not raining to get miles on. Not usually possible at this time in the Pacific NW but this weekend looks awesome! I'm hoping to go to the coast and back. And I have to head up to Seattle next week so I need to decide which car to take. I drove it top down this morning with the outside temp 44°. Wonderful!!

The car had everything that you could order for an orange boxster S, bixenons, Bose, PCM/Nav, Sport Chrono, windstop, heated seats, and $90 floor mats. I got the car at an amazing price, slightly above invoice. Although it was never titled, the warranty was started 1/31/08 and I just got the car this week after shipping it from the East coast. So I'm out 2 months of warranty but it was worth the savings.
Awesome! Your car is my exact twin I guess. I was around 61k and I thought I got a great deal already. If you got it at invoice, I'm jealous. Enjoy the car! I know I am

Old 04-13-2008, 12:06 AM
Awesome! Your car is my exact twin I guess. I was around 61k and I thought I got a great deal already. If you got it at invoice, I'm jealous. Enjoy the car! I know I am
Actually, we're probably came out the same. I had a $2k shipping bill from East to West coast that I split with the dealer. I think we both got amazing deals because I emailed/called all dealerships west of the Mississippi with an Orange Boxster S and none of them would come even close to the price we got. And since then there have been 3 used cars on Autotrader all listed above $61k. One or 2 of them are gone.

The funny thing is, I thought for a moment, 'well maybe my dealership here will give me a good deal on a different Boxster', but then I realized, I REALLY wanted the Orange. I don't know if you feel the same way.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:00 AM
Yeah, none of the other Boxsters at my dealership stood out to me like the LE. I like the front and rear valences, the Alacantara interior, and of course the bright loud Orange that just gives the car a great presence. Good luck with yours

Old 04-14-2008, 08:42 PM
maracuya68 is infamous around these parts
I don't think they will last long on the lot

Old 04-14-2008, 08:48 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Congrats...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pumpkin / Halloween LE Boxster Finally HERE!