Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

De-Badging Re-Naming Porsches

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 12:08 PM
CaymanGT is infamous around these parts
De-Badging Re-Naming Porsches

I am starting a new thread here so that old one will go away .My Introduction was not a good 6speenonline Intro.. I am wiser now ok..Is it only me or do the Boxster owners have more a problem with this (Renaming)thing then the cayman owners? . Ray in Chicago .You discounted all the vendors I mentioned in that other thread that all renamed a Cayman, SOOO ...Techart,Ruff,Speedart,FarnBacher Loles ,Strosek,Rinspeed,Ect. Ect.you guys should all be ashamed of yourselves for Re-Naming a Cayman how dare you . The only one making sense is Boxstergirlie .To each is own.Now getting to a lighter side .. What do you guys think of BLUE cailpers with a Black Porsche logo ? also TYPE R anything is just stiupid. I would use public transportation before drove any Honda or Acura.If you are in that price range Buy A VW GLI Now thats a sweet Ride for the $$$

Old 04-11-2008, 12:33 PM
986speedster is infamous around these parts
Wow, sounds like a missed a good one!!! I love a good fight, but then again I'm a New Yorker, and we argue about everything.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Originally Posted by 986speedster
Wow, sounds like a missed a good one!!! I love a good fight
Haha same here.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:02 PM
b9ev is infamous around these parts
I didn't knock renaming a car, I said that I wouldn't and I don't care if others do. If you wouldn't own a Honda, you are just missing out on a super reliable car. In the case of my Acura, it impresses almost everyone with what it gets out of a 2.0L with a completely reworked head, intake manifold, ecu, and bolt ons.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:04 PM
devious986S is infamous around these parts
no offense, but imo, you sir are a complete moron.....

if you were ever a true enthusiast, manufacture names/ badges do not matter... the actual performance of the car would. I've had two porsches and two honda s2000's, and i can say that i would take a honda s2000 over a vw gli anyday of the week... Now, i would never badge something that it's not, but i do have my boxster re-badged as a 986S, because that's what it is...

like i said, names do not matter, it is the car itself and the performance/handling characteristics that should complement and be important to the driver and the driver alone. I am done, and good day

Old 04-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Some people just ask for it. I love the ...you sir are a complete moron!

I just dont like when people rename their cars to what theyre not, unlike jackhoff, whos car is renamed what it is. Everyone calls the Carrera 2 or 4 a 996 or 997..C.TT, or 997TT well you get the picture. I prefer to call my car a 986, but non-porsche people dont know the numbers. Then again, my neighbor ( a Dr.) drives a beautiful 997 C4s cab. in that new Macadamia color..wow can you say gorgeous!!! But all he knows is I'm a Dr., it looks good, and I make a statement! Kills me! I told him one day "wow, beautiful 997"and he said, "whats a 997? This is a convertible Porsche" Oh well, he has the money, and I dont. Another guy around these sites claims to have the one and only 986GT. ok what is that? Didnt know Porsche made one.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:06 PM
zerosoul914 is infamous around these parts
Just my .02

After all the money, BLOOD ( you will get cut working in this engine bay), sweat and some tears, I think my Boxster deserves a Turbo badge in placement of the Boxster badge. If the intercooler that is in place of where the license plate used to be, turbo howl, or blow-off valve doesn't tell people that it's turbocharged then my little badge will. I put too much work into my car to care what other people opinions are and vice versa.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:15 AM
Karrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to all
Hey OP, can you try writing in normal sentence structure and paragraph form. Your posts hurt to read because of all the typos........and ok . periods in the wrong spot and. stuff like. that.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:30 AM
tmtacq is infamous around these parts
This guy is the definition of a troll.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
For everyone that missed the original thread and wants to be caught up here it is:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=122216

I dont think "troll" applies to him. In the other thread he was accused of being a troll so we made him prove he owned a Cayman by putting a "six speed rules" sign on it. He did do it, the pictures are still there last time I checked.

I think he has his own opinion of things and they are normally his own opinion. CaymanGT has no problems sharing these opinions either. And, he has not completely learned the rules of this forum, but he is trying.

The rebadging discussion came from his telling the bored he was putting Cayman GT stickers on his car ala the GT3 stickers Porsche puts on the GT3's.

I think I summed up most of that thread.

As for rebadging. I have a Twin Turbo kit on my 2.5 Boxster and GT3 bumper and sideskirts, sprinkled in are FVD and EVO parts and Imagine Auto did some work on my car also. So by deffinition I have a Porsche Turbowerx 986TT GT3 iA/FVD/EVO Edition
But instead of slapping all of that across the rear of my Boxster I have no badge at all. But to be correct the debadging of my car was the 1st mod I did 6 years ago. I dont like the badges on Porsche's but THATS MY opinion.

If I owned a 996/997/911 I would probably debadge it also.
But, I really dont know what I would do until i have one.

As far as people sticking a badge on a Porsche of another model I think its tacky, if you slap a turbo badge on a stock C2...I think poser. Now if you spend the time and money as some of us have to fabercate or install a turbo kit, and with that you decide to put a Turbo badge on your 986/996 I say go for it, all in all its YOUR car and you are not pretending its a turbo you have one stuffed in there.

Now under badging is a different animal all together I think seeing a GT3 with a Carrera badge would be interesting.

But as someone pointed out on the other thread, anyone who knows a car well, will know weather or not the badge is correct.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:50 PM
easyc is infamous around these parts
OMG Im sorry for my little part in this fiasco... but here is my last words on the subject... To each his own, but my personal opinion is that its dumb to rename a car something it isn't. I have 986S on the back of my boxster... in a few weeks I will driving around with a 3.6 out of a 2002 911, but that doesn't make my car something other than a 986S. I think that a lot of this new trend to rename Caymans in particular is that a lot of new Cayman owners are coming from the Japanese Tuner world, where renaming is a very common thing. Also Ken, the owner of Cayman club, is a very visual person in the Cayman world... obviously... and him renaming his Cayman legitimatizes it to a point. I agree Porsche should build a 987 based car with 911 or GT3 goodies throughout, but they haven't... For those of you that do re-badged your Cayman I still have a question... what are you going to do if Porsche does come out with a real Cayman GT, GT1, GT2, GTWhatever?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! Are you going to say your car is a older model?

Old 04-12-2008, 08:55 PM
jaxbch987 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jackhoff
no offense, but imo, you sir are a complete moron.....

if you were ever a true enthusiast, manufacture names/ badges do not matter... the actual performance of the car would. I've had two porsches and two honda s2000's, and i can say that i would take a honda s2000 over a vw gli anyday of the week... Now, i would never badge something that it's not, but i do have my boxster re-badged as a 986S, because that's what it is...

like i said, names do not matter, it is the car itself and the performance/handling characteristics that should complement and be important to the driver and the driver alone. I am done, and good day
bro, you are cracking me up jax bch style. lets get the local p-cars together and i will show you my re badged smart car.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:58 AM
devious986S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jaxbch987
bro, you are cracking me up jax bch style. lets get the local p-cars together and i will show you my re badged smart car.
hell yea, lets get something together, it's been wayyyy too long. and i wanna check out that smart car, i think pops is getting one

Old 04-13-2008, 07:51 PM
CaymanGT is infamous around these parts
Jackhoff

Your User name says it all .. funny how some title themselves exactley what they are.No wonder this site was sold .Can we have a discussion without the Name calling? I guess Porsche was Right when the marketed the Cayman to the More Educated Car enthusiast.You guyscould learn something from Boxtergirlie .. She is all about the conversation and Fun of owning the best sports car in the world . ******* you are a true Honda owner NUFF SAID

Old 04-13-2008, 07:53 PM
To whom did they market the original 986 Boxster to? People who couldnt afford the 996?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: De-Badging Re-Naming Porsches