Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door subwoofer option - Pioneer????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 06:59 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Arrow Door subwoofer option - Pioneer????

Greetings from Durhole

Have anyone of you guys tried to install this 8" subwoofer in the door of a 987 or 997 replacing the original 7" and change?

If so, how hard was it? Worth it? Should one also replace the 4"? Price?

Opinions, please. The link: PIONEER 8" Shallow mount

Thanks!

Last edited by John McLane; 04-14-2008 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Rob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant future
I don't believe the door speakers are 7". More like 6" or so. I doubt the 8" sub would fit in the door without creating a new speaker pod. I think I do have that Pioneer sub mounted in a custom footwell box. It was made by Jamey Rawlings of Rawlings Audio in Monrovia, CA. It's a very nice unit.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:21 AM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Rob in KC
I don't believe the door speakers are 7". More like 6" or so. I doubt the 8" sub would fit in the door without creating a new speaker pod. I think I do have that Pioneer sub mounted in a custom footwell box. It was made by Jamey Rawlings of Rawlings Audio in Monrovia, CA. It's a very nice unit.
Well, according to what I researched in several forums, it is 7 1/8 or something like that. If it 6, no aftermarket sub will fit there...

Last edited by John McLane; 04-13-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:15 PM
HB.
HB. is infamous around these parts
I've never heard of a 7 3/8 car speaker size. The largest I know is a 6 1/2, and those normally produce a much better sound output then our stock speakers. Where did you get the speaker size info from? I thought the speakers were 5 1/4.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by HB.
I've never heard of a 7 3/8 car speaker size. The largest I know is a 6 1/2, and those normally produce a much better sound output then our stock speakers. Where did you get the speaker size info from? I thought the speakers were 5 1/4.
I believe the regular Boxster/Cayman comes with smaller speakers and the sound package plus are a bit over 7"
Check out here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t=speaker+size

http://www.caymanclub.net/cayman-ele...-speakers.html

http://www.caymanclub.net/cayman-ele...-non-bose.html

What do you guys think? I'm still not so sure if actually will make any difference using the original PCM unit w/ sound package plus.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:24 PM
HB.
Thanks is this for the 986, 987 or both?

Old 04-13-2008, 06:28 PM
I THINK 987/997. Don't know much about 996/986

Old 04-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Rob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant future
Sorry, my info was for 986.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:20 PM
HB.
Mine was for the 986 sorry, I didn't know which model you were asking about at first.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by HB.
Mine was for the 986 sorry, I didn't know which model you were asking about at first.
No problem mate, I wasn't very clear on the begin of the thread, just updated that...
So, anyone know that sub woofer?