Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

18" wheel options....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 09:44 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
18" wheel options....

I have put a few hundred miles on the 05S now and decided two things. I still dont like the stock wheels and am going to stay with 18" wheels for handling and ride quality.
Sooo, does anyone know the range of offset and tire sizes possible?
Do the narrow body 997 or 996 cars offer a compatible offset?
Seems like I remember the 996tt had a similar front but very different rear offset.
Any help appreciated.
Also, if anyone is interested in the stock rims with new Bridgetones, let me know.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:47 AM
yutripnfoo is infamous around these parts
Get 19"s at least

Old 05-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Former Vendor
WheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant future
We have several wheel options available for your vehicle in 18". We also purchase factory Porsche wheels. Which wheels do you like?

Old 05-07-2008, 08:37 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Alan, I am equally interested in weight and style. Cost is important too as this car is my dd-practical car. Something easy to clean would be good as well. I like the bbs rsgt for the above reasons but am open to suggestions.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Former Vendor
WheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant future
Mesh wheel options in 18" that are lightweight are BBS RS-GT and Champion RG5. There are also several wheels from HRE however they are going to be a bit higher priced. I am sending you a PM with pricing. Please call or e-mail if you have any questions.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:07 PM
Bruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the rough

Very light, silly simple to clean, extremely strong.

Bro

Old 05-11-2008, 11:02 AM
LowFlyR is infamous around these parts
Black?

Are these available in black?

Old 05-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Bruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by LowFlyR
Are these available in black?
Stock colors are white and bronze. You can specify another color for $30 per rim.

Bro

Old 05-13-2008, 07:40 AM
gandrade1 is infamous around these parts
Bruinbro, I absolutely love these Volks Racing wheels!!!

However, I looked them up online and I don't seem to find even a bolt pattern that will fit the Boxster...Where did you get these from and what size (diam, offset, width)?

Thank you so much,
Gus

Old 05-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by gandrade1
Bruinbro, I absolutely love these Volks Racing wheels!!!

However, I looked them up online and I don't seem to find even a bolt pattern that will fit the Boxster...Where did you get these from and what size (diam, offset, width)?

Thank you so much,
Gus
Got mine via forum thread (private sale). There is a shop near where I live in SoCal that is a dealer, but there are a pile of them on the east coast. Here is the official list:

http://www.mackinindustries.com/md/rays/dist_volk.html

Here is the size list from my local dealer (disregard the 993 heading):

http://www.upgrademotoring.com/wheels/te37.htm

Mine are 8.5x18et50 and 10.5x18et40.

Bro

Old 05-16-2008, 10:06 AM
gandrade1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bruinbro
Got mine via forum thread (private sale). There is a shop near where I live in SoCal that is a dealer, but there are a pile of them on the east coast. Here is the official list:

http://www.mackinindustries.com/md/rays/dist_volk.html

Here is the size list from my local dealer (disregard the 993 heading):

http://www.upgrademotoring.com/wheels/te37.htm

Mine are 8.5x18et50 and 10.5x18et40.

Bro
Cool Bro,

Just the price is a little too high for my needs - track wheels to be subject to some abuse...

Old 05-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by gandrade1
Cool Bro,

Just the price is a little too high for my needs - track wheels to be subject to some abuse...
Uh, that's what I use them for.

Bro

Old 05-17-2008, 12:10 AM
Wow, thats a pretty full hijack. Maybe you could start a separate thread....

Old 05-19-2008, 02:33 PM
jrperser is infamous around these parts
These wheels are really light as well. TireRack sells the silver and gunmetal in an 18 for a 987.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:19 PM
sleepless is infamous around these parts
riverflyer - Are you interested only in Porsche wheels? Or any brand? It is a little unclear what you are after.

A call to wheelenhancement.com would probably be most fruitful for you...

I put the 18" BBS RS-GTs on my Boxster and am happy with them.

If you are looking for Porsche only wheels, the narrow body wheels fit with spacers as do the turbo wheels. Again, wheelenhancement.com can assist you. They also take Porsche wheels in trade if they are like new.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 18" wheel options....