Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free Softronic Software

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Flyer007 is infamous around these parts
In the music that is Porsche, many instruments have to be combined perfectly to unleash the passion that you, an enthusiast demands. Fuel, air, ignition, and exhaust all being answered by a limitless combination of parts. Just like in a recording studio this band will not achieve its’ full potential without a great producer. In the Porsche tuning world that producer is Softronic.

Softronic is a company that is focused on Porsche and the community of after market products for your car. This allows them to constantly adjust their programming for the maximum potential of your parts. Have just a K&N intake? They have you covered. Have EVOMS intake and IPD Plenum? They have you covered. Softronic works on expanding relationships with vendors so that no matter the combination of your band, the music from your Porsche will ring.

How long would you think it can take to achieve this masterpiece? What steps are needed? Will you have to send your unit in?

Softronic has made this procedure as simple as possible. By providing the necessary cable and software, you can read your stock programming in less then five minutes. No removal of hardware from your car. Emailing this file with the list of engine modifications to Softronic will allow them to build you a new program map. You use the software to load this map from the Softronic servers. Softronic usually provides this within one business day. The new program will adapt itself to minor changes such as gas octane. Change a major piece in the future? Simply go through this process again.

Softronic is not in it for the one hit wonder. They build a relationship with you also. They are a producer that understands that in the future you will have a new band, with new instruments. Softronic will come with you to get the best out of your new car. Softronic gives the ability to return to stock the old car so that resale value can be retained.

If for some reason you are having issues. Softronic is a U.S.A company based in CT. You have the comfort of getting to know the employees helping you. Customer satisfaction is a matter they take personally. If for any reason this relationship does not work out for you, Softronic provides a refund.

So in the search to unleash your Porsches perfect tune, would you trust a producer that does a variety of cars? No, trust a producer that knows Porsche, a PCA trained producer. Trust Softronic.

Last edited by Flyer007; 05-28-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:39 AM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Its simple really. Softronic has a razor sharp edge over the competition: A firm and longstanding relationship with Porsche of America as well as Porsche racing. Who better to trust with your high performance machine?

Old 05-28-2008, 11:54 AM
geoff w is infamous around these parts
And when gas gets up to $12/gallon in the US, Softronic is probably the only company with the expertise and innovation to get significantly better MPG when we need it!

Old 05-28-2008, 12:38 PM
boxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud of
Simple. It's the best because everyone here all say it is!

Old 05-28-2008, 01:47 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
Softronic is the best:

Superb Knowledge on Porsche and Superb Customer Service
Scott is god at tuning anything Porsche throws out on the market

Old 05-28-2008, 02:19 PM
silver_6r is infamous around these parts
well, having bought my 996 last year.. i began my search for more power. i quickly... and without all the proper information that is out there.. flashed my car with GIAC... $1000++ later... and even the shop said that they didnt notice anything. I have been driving the car around for almost one year... and it is a mod i wished i hadnt done!

after reviewing all the information i could... it is clear to me that Softronic offers the best package for whatever state of tune your car is. BUT it also allows you to continue to re-flash your ECU as you continue to modify and customize your vehicle. this is an option that i have only seen available in the motorcycle world... or in very high end automotive setups.

finally... you can return your ECU to stock should you need to sell your vehicle, or sell the kit without major hassle. this is huge because you can actually get a return on your purchase... with GIAC.. you just lose your money.

so, i would love to UPGRADE my car from the GIAC to the superior SOFTRONIC setup...

Rod

Last edited by silver_6r; 05-28-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:15 PM
kabe is infamous around these parts
Softronic develops software based on proven data and supports their customer base through direct contact through the forums. They understand and listen to customer's needs, they work work Porsche to get what needs to be done.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:34 PM
blinkwatt is infamous around these parts
-Reputable,Reliable,Reversible

Old 05-29-2008, 12:50 AM
lucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant futurelucky_topher has a brilliant future
Softronic is the best product for a few reasons:

1) They don't include a "Porsche tax" on the product like most manufacturers... The product is comparable in price to other modifiers used for other vehicles, even those not in a "luxury/sport" class

2) They use USB for laptop connection, whereas many other people develop cables for serial ports, which are virtually unheard of on any laptop anymore

3) They are willing to get in here and show us that they're someone we can talk to with a username on a well-known and respected forum.. not some big company where you'll never talk to the same person twice, plus providing a deal for those who don't win! I hadn't heard of the product before but their thread here made me look it up and find out for myself... if nothing else, brilliant marketing

4) best bang for the buck for mods... for the price, you can't even buy an exhaust and intake (barely the exhaust, and that's if you can find a used one on a good deal!)

5) i can modify the car without risk to my warranty since i can always flash it back to stock!

i could probably keep going, since i'm a big fan of self-programming, but i'll leave it at that and hope i'm one of the selected 3!

Old 05-29-2008, 01:25 PM
hatchimon is infamous around these parts
hahaha this is funny....but I would say because I have it already!

Old 05-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Wow , There are many great posts !!!! This contest will end May 31 at 12 pm so get your thoughts in if you would like to win a FREE flash with the Diagnostic software.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
My Reply to Softronic

Well I have read all the Threads before me and I would simply love to have the software upgrage but honestly I cannot say all the wonderfull things I have read.How can I ? Honestly .I dont have the softronic Flash .I have never Bought anything from Softronic and have never personally spoke to anyone at softronic (Except PM on CC Site from Scott) I am however a big MBR of the CC site so I have read TONS of stuff about Softronic and this is my take.I spent my LIFE savings to reach and get a 2.7 Liter Cayman (I could not afford the S model) I dont have lots of money and probally wont be able to afford the retail price of the Softronic Upgrade.But I will say this about Scott @ softronic.He has always been attentive to my Questions and answered them promptly .He has been Honest and Professional .I have a feeling of Trust toward Scott ,even though I have never met him.My car is my baby and I spend ALL of my time off Modding my car and I have looked at other Flash Upgrades and I Would ONLY put the Softronic on my car. I relize Scott has close ties to Porsche and the Reflash is a great option to have.So In a Nutshell .I would have to Install the Sofrtonic and Give My HONEST reviews .If I like it I would be the Best advertisement Softronic EVER had trust me I am BIG mouth when I like something(Just ask REMUS EXHAUST) I go out of my way to tell people and do Youtube Videos .Having a 2.7 I REALLY wantand NEED this Upgrade and have for some time.The HONESTY,Quality ,Community Service (Public Image) Customer Service and product performace are the reasons I would TRUST Softronic with my baby. Thanks

Old 05-30-2008, 09:01 PM
chaud
Thumbs up Softronic is the best because!....

I would LOVE to run Softronic on my car, and believe that it is the best tuning software package currently available because it offers:

a) Comprehensive Support Available: Softronic offers phone and email support, along with providing both a tuned file and a original stock file programs for the DME. I like how Scott believes in Softronic being about the customer, and how the software is transferable/upgradeable if and when you change to a different Porsche. The digital file capability of Softronic also allows a new tuning file to be emailed to you, and you can simply upload/flash your software yourself with your laptop and durametric cable/software. Scott is also a fellow 6Speedonline member, site sponsor, and PCA tech expert, so he is definitely well rooted into the community and is accessible.

b) Expertise/Heritage: As a Porsche enthusiast and PCA community member, I have heard many great things about Scott Slauson, along with many of his articles on the PCA website that have helped me when I was new to Porsches. Scott is helping out the Porsche community with his 25+ years of extensive knowledge in tuning and building Porsche race engines, by providing this tuning ability with Softronic to other Porsche enthusiasts as well.

c) Reversibility/Ease of use: Softronic allows full reversibility, since Scott provides both the tuned file and the original stock file, to be able to flash the DME back to 100% original. The enthusiast can also flash his/her own DME with a laptop, or send in their ECU/DME to be flashed. Also, the ability to flash with the client cable via the OBDII port makes this a very easy process, since you don’t have to remove the ECU from the car.

d) Cutting Edge/Up to Date Technology: Softronic stays up to date and receives the newest Porsche tuning profiles. Softronic also stays cutting edge with offering full engine conversion software for X51 and 3.8 swaps for the boxster/cayman.

e) Excellent Value: Softronic is priced very fairly, and provides wonderful “back for the buck” value. Not to mention, the ability to carry it on to future cars if you change to a different Porsche, gives you tremendous long term value as well.

f) Customized Tuning: Softronic allows customized tuning, whether you only have an intake, or if you have the a full grocery list of modifications. This proper tuning will allow your engine to run at its optimal efficiency, in terms of maximum power output matched to engine efficiency and to your driving profile.

These are several of the reasons why I believe Softronic is the best tuning option currently available for Porsches. I would be thrilled to have the opportunity to run Softronic and provide my full and honest first hand experience with the tuning program software.

Thanks for holding this contest Scott, and good luck everyone!

- Chris

Old 05-30-2008, 10:45 PM
6SpeedPorsche is infamous around these parts
I would too, but I can't compare with your comments about this software. I'm just broke so please just give me the darn thing...PLEASE!

Last edited by 6SpeedPorsche; 05-30-2008 at 10:46 PM. Reason: I WAS DRUNK SO MY FRIEND HAD TO FIX THIS UP FOR ME...
Old 05-31-2008, 12:33 AM
6SpeedPorsche is infamous around these parts
Well Softronic is the only one offering free stuff so im in.Cmon I have had my car for three months and a half and drove it a couple of days i wrecked the damn thing during a thunder storm now its been three months so this piece of crap shop cant figure out how to align my car so I'm just down in the dumps.Give me a chance I have a K&N filter I haven't installed yet becouse I haven't gotten my car yet.I have a bunch of friends that are eager to see my car out of the shop. What better way to suprise them all than to get a free power programmer!!!!! Here it is. Cant get it till tues.Yay!!

Best Regards,
Pete B.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	May30_0001.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	70749  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.