Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free Softronic Software

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Free Softronic Software

Softronic will give away 3 flashes with cable and Durametric software to the best 3 responses as to why you think Softronic is the best in this Boxster/Cayman thread. All entrants will also receive a Bonus should they not win and wish to purchase a Softronic product.

Best,
Softronic

The contest will end May 31 at 12PM EST. The results will be posted on this thread June 1 and the winners will be sent all materials by the next business day. The selected entrants shall not be employed or deemed as any dealer or seller of Softronic. All posts or submissions may be used by Softronic and will be judged at our own descretion..

Last edited by Softronic; 05-28-2008 at 04:41 AM.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:17 PM
easyc is infamous around these parts
Because Softronic and SS are great supporters of the Porsche Club of America!!!!

Old 05-27-2008, 07:44 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
I'm considering the Softronic flash over the others for the following reasons:
-Reversibility: you can return the ECU to the stock map
-Customization: the ECU has custom maps for Fabspeed and other exhaust systems, different headers, and other modifications
-Control: It can be flashed by the owner, therefore, you can return to stock or pass on with the sale of the car

This would go on my Cayman, btw.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:04 PM
DesertCaymanS is infamous around these parts
Softronic is the best because 1) It's adaptable - letting you add mods in sequence and adapts to upgrades usually within 50 miles 2) Allows the user to return to stock at any time and then reflash without detection by the dealer 3) Excellent product support - questions and concerns are addressed promptly 4) Easy install - even the computer illiterate can do it and no soldering or messing with the stock ECU 5) Flexible - I'm running catless headers and this is the 1st software I've ever run that did not require an upgrade to avoid check engine lights 6) Reasonably priced and by far the best bang for the buck software I've used ( tuned lots of Audis,BMWs,vettes etc) 7) Fault free - over 7K miles and not one hiccup - I'm sure others have many more miles with the product.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:15 PM
aln
aln is infamous around these parts
1. the softronic puts allows the owner to upgrade their ECU in a variety of ways and can be reversed at any time

2. a variety of flashes are available for their model from softronic. the flashes are specific to their car (stock or upgraded). customized files are also available.

3. the softronic kits come with everything you need as well as technical information for a complete install. the flash client can read and write faster than any other software system available making this system a simple install.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:17 PM
geoff w is infamous around these parts
I'm not looking to flash my ECU, but if I were I would go with Softronic because:
  1. Company principal is an experienced and highly regarded trained Porsche technician who not only modifies the cars but also regularly works on them for others and solves Porsche's problems
  2. It's easily reversible - easy to switch back to the OEM ECU programming any time the car goes in to the dealer, and then revert back to the Softronic upgrade afterwards
  3. It's proven on all the current and previous generation 9x7 and 9x6 Porsches, so each version can take advantage of the development for the other versions in addition to being optimized for the specific model
  4. No other ECU flash upgrade has been proven to everyone to provide any benefits. This is the only one the Porsche community as a whole can agree on and trusts

Old 05-27-2008, 08:35 PM
themperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the rough
Softronic is the best company/product because it offers a transferrable product for the life of the owner....and not the car.

Scott allows you to sell your Porsche and buy another one, while still having access to a new file for your new Porsche.

No other vendor that I have seen offers this type of product with so much flexibility.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:04 PM
Crazed1 is infamous around these parts
I'm considering Softronic for the following reasons:

1) It's the only ECU flash that will allow the user to easily revert back that I have seen
2) Everyone seems to agree it's the best (CaymanClub and 6Speed)
3) From what I hear, it's adaptable

It's definitely in the top two of mods planned for my car in the next 3 months...

Old 05-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Hez
Hez is infamous around these parts
Hehe... so what does it actually do?

Old 05-27-2008, 10:48 PM
6SpeedPorsche is infamous around these parts
Well, I dont know much about this programmer, but I heard it was good. So I would like to see for it myself.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	softronic ecu flash.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	331.3 KB
ID:	70501   Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_4905.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	70502   Click image for larger version

Name:	mine3.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	70503  
Old 05-27-2008, 10:53 PM
cali2121 is infamous around these parts
Softronic is the best because they make installation truly easy!!! Less than 5 minutes for installation?? You cant beat that guys!!

Old 05-27-2008, 11:06 PM
arenared is infamous around these parts
1) Being 'PCA-Tech', Softronic is the only one who really understands the technology in Boxsters/Caymans. Late model watercooled Porsches are their business. Other companies support a myriad of brands and do not have the same focus.

2) Softronic "develops" their products and tries them in various configurations to find out what works best, then offers them bundled with other products (Durametric, plenum, throttle body) at reasonable prices. Other companies are out to make a quick profit on underdeveloped products that have been barely tested on your particular configuration, if at all.

3) You deal directly with Softronic! You can flash your ECU and make changes over the Internet without the inconvenience of dealing with a 3rd-party. You are talking to the source. Using the Internet network is a lot easier than dealing with a competitor's dealer network.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:08 AM
V1CKMAN is infamous around these parts
Softronic is the best as

1. It allows users to go back to stock ECU without much hassle.
2. The installation is really easy.
3. Its a reputable company, thus more consumer confidence.
4. It has an excellent return policy, where you can refund the software if you tried and did not like it

Old 05-28-2008, 07:31 AM
nick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud of
Softronic gives the Cayman a real 'Byte'.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:43 AM
6SpeedPorsche is infamous around these parts
Softronics is the best BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.