Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AP short shifter is awesome

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 05:39 PM
01blacks4 is infamous around these parts
AP short shifter is awesome

so the one thing i have always hated on the CS was the vague shifter...(i know some of you love it and think its great from factory). I was not going to change it as i have never swapped out one that actually made it better, just different.

Well I stopped by Vivid Racing the other day to see whats new and Dan told me about his shifter......My response was "hey great, but no thanks" well he pushed and pushed untill i was walking out the door with a new short shifter...driving home im was thing "WTF am i going to do with this thing? "

Well it sat around for about 2 weeks....then Dan called to see what i thought, I had to admit i had not done a thing yet but it made me think, what the heck, ill throw it in.

Install was straight forward and there are plenty of writeups on how to do it. It took about 2 hours but it was 115 that week so i was in and out of the pool most of the time during the install.

To make a long story short....AWESOME!!! the shifts are shorter ( i think) i didnt drive it just before and i dont drive it THAT much anyway. What is so great about it, which i didnt expect is the bend in the shifter. The Agency Power (AP) shifter has a bend in it that after some research i havent found in the others. This bend puts the shift **** about 1-2 inches closer to your right knee. its strange cause i never would have thought that the **** position would be an issue from factory, and it wasnt....its just WAY BETTER now. Shifting is super easy and everything feel more exact...even my wife, who drives the car more than I, went to Taco Bell the other night in the car, came home saying she thought it was WAY better...and she never notices stuff like that....

Definalty a 2 thumbs up mod......and cheap!!!

Last edited by 01blacks4; 06-23-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:15 PM
gaby is infamous around these parts
Nice.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:29 PM
RedlineMotorworks is infamous around these partsRedlineMotorworks is infamous around these parts
The AP short shifter is definitely a great mod for the money.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Post pictures!

Old 06-24-2008, 11:35 PM
humara is infamous around these parts
+1 for post pics

Old 07-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Lyn
Lyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud of
What makes this shifter superior to either B&M or EVO's versions. Granted that it's better looking, but does it work any better? I've tried both B&M and EVO on my 886 and the 2nd-3rd gear shift transition is pretty vague and imprecise on both. Is the Agency Power unit smoother in that regard?
Lyn

Old 07-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
First off, the Agency Power shifter uses a very smooth bearing design for thorough engagements without the notchy feeling. The CNC machined housing and shift lever provide maximum efficient to go between the tough gears such as 1-2 and 3-4. I see your in PHX... Come by a shifter and I will give you 50% off the labor rate. If you dont like it, I will put it out for free.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Lyn
Lyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud of
Shame on me for not realizing that you were located within 5 miles of me. I'll take you up on your offer and will stop by. I'm traveling a lot until mid-August, but will try to get by prior to then.
Thx, Lyn

Old 07-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Former Vendor
Sounds good Lyn, just let me know!

Old 07-04-2008, 08:46 AM
wingnut2u has a spectacular aura aboutwingnut2u has a spectacular aura about
I just purchased the AP short shifter w/ linkage from VR hopefully I will like it as much as 01blacks4 likes his.

Old 07-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Former Vendor
please post up pics of the install and your feedback!

Old 07-04-2008, 11:17 AM
01blacks4 is infamous around these parts
man i look at all the pics i took...im not sure what you all would like to see...but ill trow them up later
Lyn, if you want you an drive my car also....im 5 minutes away also

Old 07-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Former Vendor
mark... pics brotha!

Old 07-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Lyn
Is anyone in the PHX area running one of your Jubily exhaust packages on a 986??

Old 07-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Former Vendor
not that I know of...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AP short shifter is awesome