Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NHP Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 07:12 AM
wingnut2u has a spectacular aura aboutwingnut2u has a spectacular aura about
NHP Exhaust

Maxspeed Motorsports is selling NHP Exhaust headers with 200 cell cats for about half the price of the similar fabspeed headers. Anybody know anything about NHP. They don't look quite as nice as Fabspeed but at half the cost it makes you take a look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=360065119262

Thanks for the feedback

Old 06-28-2008, 01:12 PM
gaby is infamous around these parts
They look great. But you would have to match it with a 2 inch CBE.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:49 PM
markusallan is infamous around these parts
I bought the NHP exhaust.....very nice quality! I love it!

Old 08-27-2008, 09:00 AM
'ringmeister is infamous around these parts
are 986s headers compatible with 987s? anyone know? thanks.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:24 AM
peter_bigblock is infamous around these parts
I'm likely going to give the Maxspeed NHP headers/high-flow cats combo a try. I already have Fabspeed 2ndary cat-delete pipes installed so need those primary cats -- plus didn't want to have to rewire the O2 sensors for a primary cat delete header. I also have the BMC high-flow filter in the stock (not de-snorked) airbox.

I'm going to do before/after dynos for just the headers and will post the results when I do. I don't have any other mods. Yet.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Ordered the NHP headers w/ race cats yesterday. If they're scheduled to get here by the weekend, I'll do a baseline dyno this Friday, install, and then hopefully get an "after" dyno done early next week.

I'll post pics, dynos, and a write-up of the install and my opinions when I have it all put together. Cheers!

Old 04-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Thumbs up NHP quick review

I installed the NHP headers w/cats last week. I got them from Maxspeed Motorsports. Those guys are great, terrific customer service before and after the sale. They answered my many questions and they really know the Porsche well.

The install went fine (had a local speed shop do it so we could do before/after dynos readily); the headers build quality, finish quality, and fitment are all top notch. They came complete with gaskets so nothing more to buy. The guys at the speed shop were impressed!

I'll post the full dyno scans soon; the peak gains were 8.2 whp and 4.7 wtq on a Mustang dyno. There were solid gains across the rpm range, not just the peak. The guys at the speed shop said they've calculated about a 17% powertrain loss on manual trannies on that dyno, so right in the ballpark of what I expected -- 10 bhp.

I'm planning on adding NHP's muffler setup soon and will do another dyno session. I'll report back on that and their claim to be virtually drone-free. So far, I'm pretty impressed with NHP and Maxspeed Motorsports in terms of product quality, customer service, and bang-for-the-buck. Two thumbs up.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Thumbs up NHP Exhaust Is AWESOME

I tried the Borla and hated it -- drone-o-rama, and way too loud for me. It detracted entirely from the idea that a Porsche is refined machine, not a garish roaring muscle car. I took it off the day after installing it.

After just resigning myself to using the stock muffler, I decided to give the NHP a try after the proprietor, Nello, assured me it had minimal, if any, drone and sounded wonderful. I was skeptical but gave it a shot and I'm really glad I did. It sounds WONDERFUL. I'm not given to internet-forum hyperbole but this is just the best of all worlds. Under light throttle it just purrs along nearly sounding like stock with a soft, sporty burble. At idle, same, it just purrs almost identical to stock. Under part-throttle it starts to growl light and low, nothing attention-grabbing just sporty and throaty. Under full throttle it has a nice mid-bass howl but is never ricey or shrill. And there's no drone at all, in any RPM range, under any throttle position. Amazing.

The Borla, by comparison, literally made the interior parts buzz and rattle under almost ALL conditions. Not trying to bust Borla or anything, it just absolutely was not for me. If you want a sweet sounding exhaust under all conditions, with first-rate build and finish quality, at a reasonable price NHP really deserves a hard look. To be honest, they make Fabspeed, Tubi, and all these high-buck exhaust makers look a bit ridiculous.

Dyno to follow, I'm headed to the shop Saturday and will post baseline, header, and muffler dynos next week. If it doesn't add a single horse, I'm still happy as hell with the sound and reduced weight! It's that good.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:01 PM
997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of
did u do ecu retune and if you did which one? i was going to go with Fabspeed Maxflo system (headers, race cats, mufflers & BMC air filters) and with EVOMSit retune. any thoughts? with Fabspeed as stated above should get 35-40hp bump. did you get similar results with Maxspeed? 285-290hp not too bad with only 2.7L on the "lighter"
Boxster?

Old 04-18-2009, 12:01 PM
I did a dyno this morning and, with BMC filter, NHP header/cats, Fabspeed 2ndary cat delete, and NHP mufflers I'm right at 240 whp, which is 285-288 bhp, about 30 hp gain over stock trim. I am surprised at that much gain with bolt-on intake and exhaust parts. The Boxster does, however, appear to respond well to opening up the breathing. My instinct is to reflash, of course, to take full advantage of the more efficient airflow in and out.

I don't have a reflash at this time, though; I had trouble with the Softronic flash (no fault of Softronic, just didn't work for my car). In time I may try the EVOMSit flash but for now, I'm really happy with the car as it is. It drives smoothly, accelerates strongly, and sounds wonderful.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Johnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to behold
I discovered what appears to be a parallel brand to the MaxSpeed products that goes by the name of SpeedTech/DGI. Does anyone know about this brand ? www.speedtechexhausts.com

Old 04-19-2009, 11:37 AM
wingnut2u has a spectacular aura aboutwingnut2u has a spectacular aura about
Definitely looks like the exact same product with the same msrp pricing as Maxspeed other than that this is the first I have heard of Speed Tech

Old 04-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Same here, I haven't heard of Speed Tech, the products look really similar although the header looks a little different. The muffler looks exactly the same. Either way, I love it. Did a PCA run today and got a lot of compliments from Boxster and 911 owners alike.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Johnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to behold
I confirmed with the proprietor of Max-Speed Motorsports that the Speedtech exhaust is in fact the same product as his. Apparently, he not only manufactures and retails the exhaust system under his own brand - NHP, but he also sells to other retailers who in turn can offer the product under their own label as well. In any case, it appears to be a high quality product at a very reasonable price. I wonder how it compares to Fabspeed ?

Old 08-05-2009, 01:24 PM
06cs is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by peter_bigblock
I tried the Borla and hated it -- drone-o-rama, and way too loud for me. It detracted entirely from the idea that a Porsche is refined machine, not a garish roaring muscle car. I took it off the day after installing it.

After just resigning myself to using the stock muffler, I decided to give the NHP a try after the proprietor, Nello, assured me it had minimal, if any, drone and sounded wonderful. I was skeptical but gave it a shot and I'm really glad I did. It sounds WONDERFUL. I'm not given to internet-forum hyperbole but this is just the best of all worlds. Under light throttle it just purrs along nearly sounding like stock with a soft, sporty burble. At idle, same, it just purrs almost identical to stock. Under part-throttle it starts to growl light and low, nothing attention-grabbing just sporty and throaty. Under full throttle it has a nice mid-bass howl but is never ricey or shrill. And there's no drone at all, in any RPM range, under any throttle position. Amazing.

The Borla, by comparison, literally made the interior parts buzz and rattle under almost ALL conditions. Not trying to bust Borla or anything, it just absolutely was not for me. If you want a sweet sounding exhaust under all conditions, with first-rate build and finish quality, at a reasonable price NHP really deserves a hard look. To be honest, they make Fabspeed, Tubi, and all these high-buck exhaust makers look a bit ridiculous.

Dyno to follow, I'm headed to the shop Saturday and will post baseline, header, and muffler dynos next week. If it doesn't add a single horse, I'm still happy as hell with the sound and reduced weight! It's that good.

i have also ordered the maxspeed exhaust (cat back) after having my AWE exhaust for 6 months. although the drone is not as severe as the borla, it is still enough to annoy me. i do love the sound at WOT past 3K the AWE makes but for everyday highway driving i need something more quiet. the maxspeed should be arriving today and will give my impressions after install. i also ordered some 14mm spacers for the rears from them as well. Nello (i beleive owner) is great to work with and takes care of his customers.

peter, i suggest giving softronic another try and i (and most others) and quite happy with the results of the flash. the option to flash back to stock and free updates is an added bonus as well.

cheers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NHP Exhaust