Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lease Deals???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 08:04 PM
AP2Suzuka is just really niceAP2Suzuka is just really niceAP2Suzuka is just really niceAP2Suzuka is just really nice
Originally Posted by Porschepet
Well There you have it .. Trying to get a cheap lease on a Porsche cayman is a clear sign .. Just go buy a honda or acura .. If you cant pay DONT PLAY . If you cannott afford the Purchase then Get Real and Quit Dreaming .This is NOT a car for a bargain shopper ..
Tell us how you really feel

Old 07-12-2008, 07:15 AM
junkart is infamous around these parts
Well There you have it .. Trying to get a cheap lease on a Porsche cayman is a clear sign .. Just go buy a honda or acura .. If you cant pay DONT PLAY . If you cannott afford the Purchase then Get Real and Quit Dreaming .This is NOT a car for a bargain shopper ..
let me guess... first Porsche right?

Old 07-12-2008, 09:25 AM
AP2Suzuka is just really niceAP2Suzuka is just really niceAP2Suzuka is just really niceAP2Suzuka is just really nice
I am just saying If you lease a car you cannot enjoy the Full Porsche Ownership . YOU Cannott MOD The car?? Miles Restrictions??? If you go OVER its really Exspensive . If You scratch it or it needs tires YOU have to pay $$ .Insurance is Higher. LEASING SUCKS.. Might as well call it Renting because a Money factor is based off a monthly rental fee .
Please do more research before posting such statements.

a) Alot of 6speed members are business owners and leasing helps with tax deductions.

b) Alot of those 6speed members that lease their cars also have them modded, some very heavily.

c) Insurance is higher because lease contracts require you to carry a minimum of 100k/300k coverage. But if you're a home owner or business owner, you're carrying 1 million coverage anyway (if you're smart). Hell, you smack into a RR Phantom and total that thing, your 100k/300k coverage ain't ****.

d) Depends on the money factor, but I've seen deals from BMW and Benz where even if you end up buying the car at the end of the term, it still comes out cheaper than buying on the front end with a conventional auto loan.

e) As far as turning in the vehicle with minor damage or in need of some wear and tear items, most companies give you an allowance. Like with my Audi, I belive it was a $2000 wear and tear allowance.

f) As far as mileage restrictions, if you're driving more than 12k/year, I suggest getting a daily driver I daily drove a 2 seater for two years and it got old really quick.

Last edited by AP2Suzuka; 07-13-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
AP2Suzuka

Well Then There you have it .The consensous say to lease the car then .Some friendly dealer will take real good care of you I am sure.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Bluestrike2 is infamous around these parts
Who are you again? I'll let you in on a little secret: the majority of individuals who purchase these cars do not like to waste money. Hell, no one does - it's a symbol of stupidity, not wealth.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with investigating a lease (which makes perfect sense in many situations) & wanting to find the best possible deal while doing so.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bluestrike2

My Point is simply this ok .no need to get all out of Wack over this ok.An 08 Cayman S is a Luxury Sports car Correct? IN MY OPINION !!! if some one has to grind and bargain shop then maybe they should think twice about making such a decision and going in to debt over a Car .My dealer treated me Fantastic and got me the color an options I wanted so I did not haggle over a few dollars and I can STILL write off the car on a PURCHASE on my taxes as a business expense without RENTING or LEASING the car.I own 5 Cars and make Just Under 300K per year so my situation might be different then the original posters. My mistake was assuming he could not afford the car without knowing him and for that I am sorry .He is right NEVER ASSUME . It has been my experience that the DEALERS love it when people Lease that is when they make that HOME RUN as they say so my guess is that some of these posters are either dealers or affiliated with Dealers and we know how we can TRUST most auto dealers RIGHT!!!.A better buy is a 2 to 5 year old Boxster S .I have a right to my opinion .correct ? Remember this next time you go to an Auto dealership.#1.They do NOT give an F about you or your family regardless of what they tell you.#2.They want to make as MUCH MONEY as they can off you and do not care if they have over extended you in to a REPO its YOUR fault for making that decision not theirs so always Walk and think for a week or two #3 You will be Lied to in any wave shape or form ITS ALL SMOKE AND MIRRORS to get you to drive that puppy home . I will make 2 Exceptions to this rule if there is no trade in ,SCION and SATURN the 2 BEST in my opinion.But go ahead and Lease the dealers NEED those home runs and they will LAUGH and high five just as soon as you leave the Driveway..

Old 07-13-2008, 05:55 PM
I agree, you shouldn't kill your self in order to get into one of these cars as they are not an absolute necessity if you just need transportation.

However, even if your expendable income allowed you to plunker down $65K cash for a brand new Cayman S, why would you? I'd still go with the traditional loan or lease for $600-$700/month and use the extra cash flow for an investment that will actually appreciate in value.

That's fine and dandy that you make $300K per year, but does that mean that you can't be frugal and find the best deals out there? My wife and I make very good money and we're frugal as a ***** phucka
Another advantage to leasing, then I will no longer post in this thread At the end of the lease term, you have the advantage to either turn in the car or purchase. If the used car market is taking a dump and your residual value is waaaaaay more than what the car is worth, turn it in and have the manufacturer take the head ache of getting rid of the car via auction, etc, etc.... Or, if the residual value is a lot less than the value if the vehicle, you can purchase the car and sell it for a profit.

Ok, I'm done.

Last edited by AP2Suzuka; 07-13-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:50 PM
Ap2Suzaka

well you dont have to stop posting I believe this is where we can all learn from each other.I learn a lot from Forums and when we cannott say our peace then its just another Moderated to death forum and BORING!!! OK you have a good point that is an advantage!! after the lease is done you can walk away .. But I dont believe what some one else said Earlier about Modding the car and the Returning the Car after the lease is done .Now that just does not make sense.I have put another 15K in to my car after purchasing it .My main point is you Just cannot have the Modding fun if you lease the car and the FREEDOM of just driving it to death .Customizing the car is what makes it Fun to own and drive STOCK is BORING. I plan on keeping this car as long as I live.. Seriuosly .. Its one of my baby's .If you do not want to Mod the car and you want options after a typical 3 year lease without a lot of $$$ tied up in the car after 3 years then YES consider Leasing but you are really missing out on the complete and true Porsche ownership In my opinion. I see great deals on USED Boxsters Thinking of selling my BMW Z-4 M series for One .Porsche is so much more exciting to own . ApSuzaka Please post again ok your opinions are needed here