Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked up a RS 60 Spyder today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 11:32 AM
gbwrench is infamous around these parts
Congrats..One good looking car.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:34 AM
gbwrench is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the new car. I love the color combo.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:10 AM
Centurion is a jewel in the roughCenturion is a jewel in the roughCenturion is a jewel in the roughCenturion is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by offroad911
The RS-60 is the type of Porsche that attracts true gearheads and porschephiles that understand the reason for a $70K+ Boxster, it is NOT a first time Porsche buyers choice as the price will; scare them away. I love all the whistles and bells but especially like the FULL leather interior (a $6K option on a standard Boxster S). Was not sure I could wrap my arms around the RED leather but after 5K miles I really enjoy the vehicle. Faster than my C2S, handles better than my C2S and frankly more comfortable than my C2S (I am only 5'6" so the Boxster fits me better).

Todate I have installed the B&M Short Shifter, PSS9's f/PASM (perfect drop), 19" Techart Formula (chrome & AWESOME). Next will be the Porsche AeroKit rear bumper with diffuser and Wing along with Techart Side Skirts (currently being painted). My RS-60 will be a very nice package when done and I WILL POST PHOTOS WHEN DONE!
Word.
Can't wait to see the pics.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:56 PM
PTEC688 is infamous around these parts
I've never seen the top in that color. Looks great. Great car, great colors.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:38 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
I fully agree. I have had many cars including a AM DB9 which I just got rid of. A friend has a 997 S which I have driven several times.
My eye was on the turbo until I visited a dealer a couple of week ago and saw a new RS 60. Never driven a Boxster, the overall package drew me to the drive and the surprise that it is the best driving car and one of the most fun ones to be in. I fully admire Porsche for their engineering ability and for making the 911 what it is today, however you can’t beat physics and it clearly shows in the Boxster.
Had the dealer look around and found me one back east that is quite heavily optioned, including ceramics, adaptive seats and Nav.
It will be here this week.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Dave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sloopy
I fully agree. I have had many cars including a AM DB9 which I just got rid of. A friend has a 997 S which I have driven several times.
My eye was on the turbo until I visited a dealer a couple of week ago and saw a new RS 60. Never driven a Boxster, the overall package drew me to the drive and the surprise that it is the best driving car and one of the most fun ones to be in. I fully admire Porsche for their engineering ability and for making the 911 what it is today, however you can’t beat physics and it clearly shows in the Boxster.
Had the dealer look around and found me one back east that is quite heavily optioned, including ceramics, adaptive seats and Nav.
It will be here this week.
Congrats, post pics asap.
I have the adaptive seats but no Nav or ceramics. I'm getting a Alpine 505 head unit to replace the oem one in a few weeks to Add the Nav/iPod/Bluetooth features.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:05 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Dave(MA 02 C4S)
offroad911 -
I agree with you 100%. My 1st Porsche was a '01 BoxsterS. Since then I've climbed the Porsche ladder from there to C4S coupes and cabs and finally the turbo. All were great cars but I think the one I enjoyed the most was the BoxsterS. Can't wait to see are your mods.
I wanted a 911 forever but just never felt it, but with the Cayman and Boxster I did. I agree they are superbly fun!

Old 11-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Great looking car. Does the RS60 come with a different powerplant than the normal Boxster S?

Dave

Old 11-05-2008, 08:53 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Dave
Great looking car. Does the RS60 come with a different powerplant than the normal Boxster S?

Dave
No, same engine as the regular Boxster S but with PSE, but they say 303 hp, which would mean a gain of 8 hp over the regular car.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:02 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
No, same engine as the regular Boxster S but with PSE, but they say 303 hp, which would mean a gain of 8 hp over the regular car.
Thats a massive bump for the boys from zuffenhausen.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:45 AM
Ellwer is infamous around these parts
I just picked one up myself last week. Great handling and tons of fun!

Old 11-06-2008, 02:43 PM
niqui is infamous around these parts
best looking boxter ive seen.
the alpine 505 unit, will replace the pcm?
is it a big deal to install, how is it?

Old 11-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
i swapped my 4s almost 3 months ago and love this boxster. 2 nd gear screaming around between 5k and 7k rpm's is a riot. with the PSE, sounds so good too.

putting it away sometime this month though.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:25 PM
fastgreek is infamous around these parts
very nice color combo

Old 11-08-2008, 05:04 PM
caymanvc is infamous around these parts
nice car

congratulation!!!!any more pics?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Picked up a RS 60 Spyder today