Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SharkWerks Cayman Pumped up with new EVOMSit & RS350 Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
Rs350

I went to RSS in Costa Mesa today and had the EVOMSit software installed on my Cayman S and with the EVOMSit software my Cayman S is now at the RS350 level plus the underdrive pulley.

I first installed a Borla catback and was very happy with the aggressive sound and the noticeable power gain, but I hope the resonace at 2100-2800 RPM is reduced with mileage as some have reported.

Second I installed the IPD Cayman Competition Plenum & 82mm throttle body and this was a BIG suprise because now power was comming on from low end ,mid range, and top end in a very BIG WAY!!! and I was really getting excited because I just couldn't believe the difference.

Third I installed the EVOMS intake and underdrive pulley and desnorked and the added Intake sound was very cool with the new Borla sounds and more power but not as much as the Borla added and nothing like what the IPD & 82mm TB added but still positive.

Fourth I had RSS install the EVOMSit software and this was not just icing on the cake it was a whole new layer. I was expecting more performance from adding the EVOMSit software but it truly went beyond what I thought was possible.

I have read many post on many different products that are aimed at the idea of increasing the performance of the Cayman S but the RS350 delivers everything I was looking for in one package. The RS350 is not a little quicker or a little more powerful at top end it is "SMASHMOUTH FASTER" period. The Cayman S IMO is a very fun car but the RS350 is much faster and much more fun.

Last edited by Slowcart; 09-27-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Kor
Kor is infamous around these parts
Random post: Is that a sticker or a europlate?

Old 09-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Former Vendor
Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !
It's a sticker.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:25 AM
JWGT2 is infamous around these partsJWGT2 is infamous around these parts
Dan:
You analysis is spot on!

The maiden voyage! I'm gonna miss the Sharkwerks Cayman RS!

Name:  MF1A3982.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  57.6 KB

Name:  MF1A3373.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  58.1 KB

Old 09-30-2008, 12:28 PM
alex@wheelexperts is infamous around these parts
it will go to a great home....

whats fred gonna name this one? baby shark?

Old 09-30-2008, 05:02 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JWGT2
Dan:
You analysis is spot on!

The maiden voyage! I'm gonna miss the Sharkwerks Cayman RS!

We had some fun didn't we my friend Had one last hurrah in it yesterday and the things got some *****

Old 10-06-2008, 04:23 PM
RobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to behold
This setup appears awesome. (Getting my post count up)

Old 10-06-2008, 04:36 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RobMason
This setup appears awesome. (Getting my post count up)
Thanks Rob, it was fun project with EVO and RSS on this one...

Old 10-06-2008, 04:55 PM
RobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to behold
It would appear the HP gain for the 350 is + 30 HP from a stock setup that has a freeflow exhaust. Correct?

Old 10-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Correct indeed!

Old 10-07-2008, 10:10 AM
terri.eikenbary is infamous around these parts
Great numbers! Any results with the headers yet? I have been seriously considering a Cayman for some time but could never get used to the lack of power from the Turbo. It seems you are making me reconsider that!

Old 10-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Deezy79 is infamous around these parts
Sharkys the mann

Old 10-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by terri.eikenbary
Great numbers! Any results with the headers yet? I have been seriously considering a Cayman for some time but could never get used to the lack of power from the Turbo. It seems you are making me reconsider that!
The graph for the RS370 is with headers and cats

Old 10-07-2008, 04:42 PM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
Exclamation

sharkster, if you ever need to get rid of this car to start a new project, let me know..

Old 10-07-2008, 05:47 PM
jojogoya88 is infamous around these parts
I myself am not a fan of the cayman, but this one is pretty awesome

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SharkWerks Cayman Pumped up with new EVOMSit & RS350 Kit