Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SharkWerks Cayman Pumped up with new EVOMSit & RS350 Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Woob is infamous around these parts
Beautiful Cayman!

Old 10-22-2008, 05:29 PM
caymanvc is infamous around these parts
wow,this is what i need !!!cant wait until i get my license back,lol

Old 10-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Flyby is infamous around these parts
Hands down the most tastefully outfitted Cayman S. Well done Sharkwerks, well done. I came across your site and noticed the Boxster S section, but the image depicts a 987 s and I was wanting to know if you had anything to offer for a 986 S 3.2. If not continue doing what you do best.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:14 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
thanks guys and expect to see some write ups on this soon The general consensus was everyone that reviewed/test drove it liked it

Fred's got her now:P

Old 11-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by sharkster
Hey fellas, as promised here's an update, we installed the headers, cats and the ESR underdrive pulley to see what more we could eke out of it. The black line is the baseline with just mufflers. The blue line is the RS350 kit. The red line is the addition of headers, cats and ESR pulley. No software changes were made. With the EVOMSit software and we were able to make 18 more wheel horsepower and 12 more wheel torque. Remember... this was all done on 91oct. We ran out of time to do 93oct testing, so expect a few more with 93 and the EVOMSit being able to use the higher ignition maps. The addition of these parts took us to 335whp and 282wtq.
I would imagine that this really shows on the butt dyno???

While I’m here, I have a few questions regarding my recently purchased RS60. I like the car very much as is however I would like more power and the lowered look.

Is it possible to lower my car and retain or improve on the stock ride? The standard setting seems about right and the sport mode is ok for our best roads. We have many with severely damaged pavement.

My car now is very tolerable noise wise, and notice little difference at cruise with the sport exhaust on. While I like the sound under power, I like a little quiet time when traveling at 70 to 80. What are the sacrifices in travel comfort when you are not on the throttle? Will my wife notice? I opened the exhaust on my DB9 and she never noticed the difference.

Finally, is every day driving in traffic more difficult with the light weight flywheel, and is the lack of smoothness noticeable at cruise?

Old 01-16-2009, 04:11 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sloopy
I would imagine that this really shows on the butt dyno???

While I’m here, I have a few questions regarding my recently purchased RS60. I like the car very much as is however I would like more power and the lowered look.

Is it possible to lower my car and retain or improve on the stock ride? The standard setting seems about right and the sport mode is ok for our best roads. We have many with severely damaged pavement.

My car now is very tolerable noise wise, and notice little difference at cruise with the sport exhaust on. While I like the sound under power, I like a little quiet time when traveling at 70 to 80. What are the sacrifices in travel comfort when you are not on the throttle? Will my wife notice? I opened the exhaust on my DB9 and she never noticed the difference.

Finally, is every day driving in traffic more difficult with the light weight flywheel, and is the lack of smoothness noticeable at cruise?
Hey Sloopy you really do _feel_ it per se and we did an RS60 Boxster with this kit (and stock exhaust) on Tuesday. Worked out _great_. Keep the stock exhaust (we've done tuning for it) since the PSE sounds so great and with the convertible you're more prone to resonance anyway.

LWF is so easy to use/operate. You'd barely notice any difference at all in terms of clutch engagement. It feels stockish (until you romp on it!).

They talk about it some in the March issue of Excellence and European Car...

Old 01-19-2009, 12:47 PM
wwjd is infamous around these parts
how is this car from 0-60 mph ?

Old 01-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by wwjd
how is this car from 0-60 mph ?
Really quite strong, especially so with the light weight flywheel

Old 01-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Well the car is now headed up to Canada but as promised here's some nifty coverage from Excellence Magazine (April issue) for those interested in the RS350 stuff on the Cayman.

There's a sneak preview here:
Excellence Magazine

Old 01-27-2009, 11:15 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
It was awesome. Go to these guys if you have a 987 S. Wow.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by blakt out
It was awesome. Go to these guys if you have a 987 S. Wow.
Thanks so much blakt out... I actually had someone call Friday saying they had read what you had said and are replacing their 350Z with a Cayman S since the prices are so good:P He already has a 911 so let's see what he does:P

Old 02-01-2009, 04:14 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Now that is just too perfect. That's ! I can't wait to tell people that one. You know, my inlaws really couldn't believe that one!
Oh, and you're more than welcome. It's very deserved.

So that everyone knows, I hadn't met Alex when I said this. We got to be buddies AFTER the test. True.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by blakt out
Now that is just too perfect. That's ! I can't wait to tell people that one. You know, my inlaws really couldn't believe that one!
Oh, and you're more than welcome. It's very deserved.

So that everyone knows, I hadn't met Alex when I said this. We got to be buddies AFTER the test. True.
You have forever endeared yourself to the 350Z community for that lol!

PS Good point. we did only meet afterwards:P

Old 02-02-2009, 04:12 PM
RuGGeR is infamous around these parts
Keep up the good work Boss....

Old 02-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by RuGGeR
Keep up the good work Boss....
Hehe thanks man!