Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softronic plenum or IPD plenum?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 07:41 PM
motoadve is infamous around these parts
Yes I just got a response by email.
Thanks Scott

Old 01-10-2009, 08:48 PM
RobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to behold
I just received the Softronic plenum/throttle body w/ software, to be installed this week. This plus Borla should give a faster commute!

Old 01-11-2009, 09:03 PM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
I personally own both the IPD Competition Plenum/w EVOMSit software as well as the Softronic race plenum/w Softronic software. I prefer the IPD/EVOMSit combo hands down.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Hello All!

Just as a heads up Softronic has released version 4.1 for the Plenum users and this as usual this is a first. Keep in mind that Softronic is the only company that allows you to flash the car back to stock. This is far different then a car running as stock . Softronic's bit for bit programming makes an identical back up of the cars original Porsche configuration. This can all be performed with your own laptop and no trips to a Tuner is required before service.

We are also the only company that allows you to transfer the software to another car. Basically should you own a Cayman and purchase a flash for $895.00 with cable it is yours. Now you want to sell it and buy a 997? No problem, just let us know and flash it to stock. The only difference that you pay is the difference in the flash! In this case it is $100 and you get another set of flashes! We have many customers that have done this.

Softronic has the edge on many other programmers such as Over Revs, Security coding, Data reading, conversion files, World Wide real time release of software and programming, Data acquisition and so much more!All from one cable!

All our parts as with our conversions are also all Porsche. We strive to make the cars that Porsche could have yet did not.

Softronic also does not discount its products to gain favorable posts on any site or publication.
You may order the Softronic Plenum Kit by calling 203-723-8928.

Best Regards,
Softronic

Last edited by Softronic; 01-13-2009 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Added Phone
Old 01-13-2009, 05:19 PM
josephsdesimone is infamous around these parts
I couldn't be more pleased with the performance gains realized from my IPD Race Plenum w/ 82mm Throttle Body. Best mod for the money! Joe

Old 01-13-2009, 07:20 PM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by josephsdesimone
I couldn't be more pleased with the performance gains realized from my IPD Race Plenum w/ 82mm Throttle Body. Best mod for the money! Joe

Add the EVO software and you'll have a rocket on your hands!

Old 01-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
I will adding this to my 36 swap that I just am finishing up. I need to know from the vendors what kit works the best for the 3.6 though.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
JP-S-St.Louis

I agree with TighTT the IPD plenum & EVOMSit software combo is the best "hands down".

Call Greg at RSS (714-545-1046) RSS is a sponsor on this site he can set you up with the same mods for the 3.6.

I installed the RS350 package from RSS which included the IPD Cayman Competition Plenum and the EVOMSit software and the results are unreal. IMO the IPD plenum & EVOMSit software combo with a free flow exhaust delivers awesome performance gains.

Last edited by Slowcart; 01-14-2009 at 05:18 PM. Reason: add
Old 01-14-2009, 05:45 PM
josephsdesimone is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TighTT
Add the EVO software and you'll have a rocket on your hands!
Hello TighTT,

I actually had installed APR's flash prior to the purchase of my IPD Race Plenum /82mm Throttle Body or else I would have gladly purchased the software (EVOMSit) that was developed for the IPD.

My only question is knowing the fine reputation of APR's software development, I wonder if there is any advantage of one over the other for me at this point (outside of the fact that I already have the APR!).

Regards,
Joe

Old 01-14-2009, 06:13 PM
notquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud of
I wrote a review on my experiences with the IPD Plenum and EVO RS350 Software that you can read about here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...view-dyno.html

feel free to e-mail me, or PM me if you have any questions. If you're in southern CA, you're welcome to come over and go for a spin in my car.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:53 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Stay tuned for a pair of full write-ups on the RS350/RS370 Cayman S shortly... Look for "March" issues of Excellence and European Car!

Old 01-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
sharkster

Yes I got my issue 2 days ago of european mag .. Great article I really enjoyed it ..NOW you are BIG time!!,Hey I thought you had a remus on that Cayman what happened?

Old 01-15-2009, 10:13 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Porschepet
Yes I got my issue 2 days ago of european mag .. Great article I really enjoyed it ..NOW you are BIG time!!,Hey I thought you had a remus on that Cayman what happened?
Hey Porschepet, thanks!! We did have a Remus (as well as a few others) at different times but for the actual RS350 kits we used the Cargraphic system as it was much quieter overall As a "kit" we had to limit things like resonance etc... otherwise a great exhaust.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
Sharster

When I make my trip to Cali this summer I want to come to your shop ok.Looks like a fun place to hang out

Old 01-15-2009, 10:07 PM
pekopeeus is infamous around these parts
Smile

Hey guys!

I am interest in the RS350 kit. I currently have an AWE 2nd gen cat back exhaust. Does this come close to a cargraphic exhaust? I am thinking to get the IPD competition plenum with the EVOMS software but I am located in Taiwan. Also can I retrofit it back to factory setting?

Softronic package plenum + software update lifetime
RS350 IPD comp plenum + EVOMS
Mixed IPD comp plenum + softronic

I have a 2006 cayman s tiptronic with sport.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Softronic plenum or IPD plenum?