Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softronic plenum or IPD plenum?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 10:45 PM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pekopeeus
Hey guys!

I am interest in the RS350 kit. I currently have an AWE 2nd gen cat back exhaust. Does this come close to a cargraphic exhaust? I am thinking to get the IPD competition plenum with the EVOMS software but I am located in Taiwan. Also can I retrofit it back to factory setting?

Softronic package plenum + software update lifetime
RS350 IPD comp plenum + EVOMS
Mixed IPD comp plenum + softronic

I have a 2006 cayman s tiptronic with sport.
Pekopeeus,

I also have the 2nd gen AWE cat back on my Cayman.....what a great unit. It works flawlessly with the IPD Comp plenum and EVO software.....its a really good match.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:58 PM
pekopeeus is infamous around these parts
yeah, I just drove my car and it does sounds pretty sex.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:59 AM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Softronic has hundreds of satisfied customer and much information on our plenum and tuning . "Click here for more information about the Softronic Race Plenum Package."

Best Regards,
Softronic

Last edited by Softronic; 01-16-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
Hey guys!

I am interest in the RS350 kit. I currently have an AWE 2nd gen cat back exhaust. Does this come close to a cargraphic exhaust? I am thinking to get the IPD competition plenum with the EVOMS software but I am located in Taiwan. Also can I retrofit it back to factory setting?

I have the RS350 kit with the Borla instead of the Cargraphics exhaust because I had the Borla before the RS350 package was available. The results are huge gains in torque & HP and a blast to drive.

I think the advantage of the Cargraphics exhaust is that it is as drone free as stock but still has great exhaust sound and performance.

You should read TighTT's posts and you will see he has purchased and installed both the IPD Competition & EVOMSit software combo and the SRP softronic package and choose the IPD-EVOMSit combo "hands down" as the better performing product.

IMO TighTT's comparision is a outstanding measure of difference in the products. TighTT has both products and I believe after TighTT went to that much time and expense he did not leave the lesser performing product installed on his Cayman, so I thank TighTT for sharing his experience and letting us know that the IPD Cayman Competition plenum & EVOMSit software is the one he likes.

Last edited by Slowcart; 01-16-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:31 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Hey guys!

Hi Pekopeeus, we haven't dyno'd it with that set up, however we've done the kit with different exhausts and the results have been comparable so as long as the exhaust has similar flow you will be fine. We have software written for the stock exhaust as well etc... These are all bolt-on parts and you retain your stock parts and can return it to stock easily

Old 01-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
I can hardly take all the shells or are they shills? . You guys make me laugh.

Like I said check out the facts and not just from one poster or in this case the same few posters. This is some info on our latest FREE upgrades
Softronic Software version 4.1? and Softronics 4.1 comments .

P.S Hello ELMO.

Best,
Scott

Last edited by Softronic; 01-16-2009 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Had to stop laughing to post .
Old 01-16-2009, 06:05 PM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Softronic
I can hardly take all the shells or are they shills? . You guys make me laugh.

Like I said check out the facts and not just from one poster or in this case the same few posters.

Hello ELMO.

Best,
Scott

Hmm...doesnt take a rocket scientist to see you lack tact in your business relations.

I am a former customer of yours and spent good money with you. I guess this is how potential new customers of yours can expect to be treated?? I went elsewhere for my software after trying yours (and your race plenum/GT3 throttle body) so, instead of saying something to the tune of "I'm sorry you felt the need to go elsewhere for your software needs. If you give me a call, perhaps we talk talk about what you disliked so I can make appropriate changes."
Nope! Instead you come on here....making false accusations with nothing to back you up.

I switched from Softronic to EVOms because of customer service. I was never...NEVER able to reach Softronic via the telephone....not even once. Even after leaving repeated messages I never receive a call back. So...although I was happy with the Softronic product...I chose to move elsewhere and I'm *extremely* happy that I did. I think the RS350 kit is superior to Softronics offerings in performance and most of all....customer service/support.
Anyone in the NJ area who wishes to see/ride in my car is more that welcome.

And for the record Scott, I paid full price for both your kit...as well as my EVOms kit....no "shills" here. I have absolutely ZERO relationship with EVO, RSS, or any other Porsche tuner out there. I have not been paid or compensated in ANY WAY for my remarks. I choose to support the companies who offer me support.

Last edited by TighTT; 01-16-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Basic Sponsor
I think we went through this soap opera before and it it looks the same. I wont even waste my time with a reply. The last thread was cleaned up nicely.

Perhaps they are Estes rockets? They were fun yet small compared to the real ones.

Best as always,
Scott

Originally Posted by TighTT
Hmm...doesnt take a rocket scientist to see you lack tact in your business relations.

I am a former customer of yours and spent good money with you. I guess this is how potential new customers of yours can expect to be treated?? I went elsewhere for my software after trying yours (and your race plenum/GT3 throttle body) so, instead of saying something to the tune of "I'm sorry you felt the need to go elsewhere for your software needs. If you give me a call, perhaps we talk talk about what you disliked so I can make appropriate changes."
Nope! Instead you come on here....making false accusations with nothing to back you up.

I switched from Softronic to EVOms because of customer service. I was never...NEVER able to reach Softronic via the telephone....not even once. Even after leaving repeated messages I never receive a call back. So...although I was happy with the Softronic product...I chose to move elsewhere and I'm *extremely* happy that I did. I think the RS350 kit is superior to Softronics offerings in performance and most of all....customer service/support.
Anyone in the NJ area who wishes to see/ride in my car is more that welcome.

And for the record Scott, I paid full price for both your kit...as well as my EVOms kit....no "shills" here. I have absolutely ZERO relationship with EVO, RSS, or any other Porsche tuner out there. I have not been paid or compensated in ANY WAY for my remarks. I choose to support the companies who offer me support.

Last edited by Softronic; 01-16-2009 at 06:53 PM. Reason: All thumbs and mis spelling.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by Softronic
I think we went through this soap opera before and it it looks the same. I wont even waste my time with a reply. The last thread was cleaned up nicely.

Perhaps they are Estes rockets? They were fun yet small compared to the real ones.

Best as always,
Scott
I wholeheartedly agree with you.....there is no need for undue drama. But you Sir are the one who is perpetrating it. If you wish to call people "shills", expect them to defend themselves.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by TighTT
I wholeheartedly agree with you.....there is no need for undue drama. But you Sir are the one who is perpetrating it. If you wish to call people "shills", expect them to defend themselves.
Interesting, I do not recall listing your name.???..... Like I said I'm not getting into a soap opera again. He said she said , well without the she.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
TightTT

Some time back,I called Softronic and 3rd ring a nice lady picked up the phone and gave me the information I was looking for no problem? I called RSS and Greg picked up the phone himself but they do not have a kit for the 2.7 liter yet. I have never spoken to Scott personally but Greg was really nice to answer all my questions.I think the 2 tuners both do a good job but Only Softronic had the product I needed so I give Softronic a 2.7% Edge..

Last edited by Fluid987; 01-17-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by Porschepet
Some time back,I called Softronic and 3rd ring a nice lady picked up the phone and gave me the information I was looking for no problem? I called RSS and Greg picked up the phone himself but they do not have a kit for the 2.7 liter yet. I have never spoken to Scott personally but Greg was really nice to answer all my questions.I think the 2 tuners both do a good job but Only Softronic had the product I needed so I give Softronic a 2.7% Edge..
Well...Im glad that you had better luck than myself. Unfortunately, I can only speak from my own experiences.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic does have someone that answers the phone M-F 9-5 EST and an answering machine for after hours. I also have email and PM's at all sites. All messages get returned the next day or Monday should they come in over the weekend.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Old 01-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
TighTT

Softronic actually sent my file to me on a saturday so I was very Pleased with the customer service.I sent my file to him on friday afternoon and Saturday it was there.For all us 2.7 Liter owners out there I highly recomend this Mod for your car,You will be very surprised at the performance results.I saw a Dyno with the SRP Flash and PSE exhaust at 243 to the rear wheels .I think this calculates to 290 or so HP on a 2.7 liter!! or very close to that .The car before Installation pulled a 204 ,205, and 206 so you do get about 38 to 40 horses .I would have to Imagine if he had a Remus or Borla or several other Exhaust that actually increase the flow more, these numbers could even be higher. My Goal in 09 is a softronic SRP to complete my performance mods and bring my car to its highest level of performance.

Last edited by Fluid987; 01-18-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:24 AM
SIAM6128 is infamous around these parts
206 before and 242-3 after seems a bit overesimatin something?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Softronic plenum or IPD plenum?