Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softronic plenum or IPD plenum?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 09:30 AM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Porschepet
Softronic actually sent my file to me on a saturday so I was very Pleased with the customer service.
The customer service that I am/was displeased with was the fact that they would never answer the phone or even call me back after leaving a message. I, like you, did receive my flash in a timely manner.

I saw a Dyno with the SRP Flash and PSE exhaust at 243 to the rear wheels .I think this calculates to 290 or so HP on a 2.7 liter!! or very close to that .The car before Installation pulled a 204 ,205, and 206 so you do get about 38 to 40 horses .
Wow...must have been another one of those magical dyno's. 40WHP from a software flash (even for a forced induction car) is a huge number.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SIAM6128
206 before and 242-3 after seems a bit overesimatin something?
That was for the Softronic Plenum and Flash and was on a Cayman 2.7. The dyno was performed at a competitors establishment along with about 10 other cars as part of a "Dyno Day". The dyno that was used was a Mustang..

Old 01-21-2009, 11:36 AM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Softronic
That was for the Softronic Plenum and Flash and was on a Cayman 2.7. The dyno was performed at a competitors establishment along with about 10 other cars as part of a "Dyno Day". The dyno that was used was a Mustang..
Ah...that makes more sense.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:25 PM
SIAM6128 is infamous around these parts
Scott,

An ETA for 987 2.7 2005 boxster with m96 engine?

Old 01-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SIAM6128
Scott,

An ETA for 987 2.7 2005 boxster with m96 engine?
Im expecting completion within the month. I have also been getting the DFI flashing done for all the newer cars.

Best,
Scott

Old 01-21-2009, 07:10 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
TighTT

Sorry I forgot to include that in my post ,Yes It was Including a Plenum ,Flash and PSE posted in the CC site .I have a Remus Exhaust so one can only wonder if it would be even Better .So all you 2.7 owners !!! I highly reccomend this performance mod ,It really makes a huge improvement In HP and Tourque....do it!!!

Old 01-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
I just looked at the dyno BBI posted over on teamspeed.com and the dyno is showing an increases of aprox. 18 ft/lbs of torque as early as 4100 RPM and 14.6 RWHP at 6200 RPM from just removing the softronic SRP & 80mm throttle body and replacing it with the IPD Cayman Competition Plenum & 82mm throttle body.

I think BBI's dyno shows the impressive advantages of the IPD Cayman Competion Plenum & 82mm throttle body.

Last edited by Slowcart; 01-23-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
[quote=Pca-Tech;2227998]Now that test was done with an IPD dealer and also done with the Softronic Software so it says. So the gains in fact with the IPD plenum may be off or simply from the Softronic Software??? What version of Softronic Software? Was the car flashed to stock during the test since this is easily done with the product?

BBi posted that the software was not changed and that softronics software was used with both plenums & throttle bodies and only the plenums and throttle bodies were changed and the results are on the dyno.

The results show that softronics SRP was out performed by the IPD Cayman Competition Plenum while both products were running the same softronics software.

IMO BBI is a very well respected group and has many happy customers on this site and others so if you did not like the BBI dyno results why don't spend your time to make a better product instead of casting doubt on BBI.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Slowcart
why don't spend your time to make a better product instead of casting doubt on BBI.
Porsche makes the Plenum, I make the software for the plenum in which seems to work OK.

The same type of tests have been performed in the past with different results.

You can always call me to discuss and perhaps we could come to an agreement? This would be much easier.

203-723-8928

Best,
Scott

Old 01-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
Slowcart

My post is only my honest opinion of what my car actually feels like after Installing only a softronic Flash on my 2007 2.7 Liter with a Remus exhaust , K& N air filter and de-snorked.The difference is amazing.The tourque and pull power fells like a different motor.Once I get the Softronic Plenum and upgrade my flash to stage 4 I will do a dyno as well .I know of LOTS of 3.4 owners in the 3 clubs I belong to that are really happy with the SRP choice they have made and have NO regrets .I also have heard nothing but good things about BBI as well. IPD has their work cut out if they want to compete with softronics varity of Flash and Plenum upgrades .Us 2.7 owners are gratefull of softronics time and efforts

Old 01-24-2009, 02:35 PM
My post is only my honest opinion of what my car actually feels like
Um...looks to me like your post included misinformation from other sites...including;

I saw a Dyno with the SRP Flash and PSE exhaust at 243 to the rear wheels .I think this calculates to 290 or so HP on a 2.7 liter!! or very close to that .The car before Installation pulled a 204 ,205, and 206 so you do get about 38 to 40 horses
You don't think that posts like this might hinder your credibility on the subject?? At the bare minimum I would get your facts strait (and, dare I say, brush up on your spelling/grammar) before posting in the future.

IPD has their work cut out if they want to compete with softronics varity of Flash and Plenum upgrades .
I take it that you feel confident making this post because you have owned/driven in kits for both cars? I would be intrigued to hear your in-depth analysis/review of both offerings.

Last edited by TighTT; 01-24-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:12 PM
notquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud of
what a nice change of pace, no one has gotten banned yet... oh.. wait.. wrong forum, that's why... lolz :cheers:

*waiting impatiently for my Excellence to come in*

i'll try to get it scanned and posted when i get ahold of it.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:05 PM
TighTT

I can Only speak for what I have personally experienced Bud. And RSS does NOT have ANY, ANY ANY!!! offerings for a 2007 2.7 liter ok compadre.And dare I say brush up on your etiquette your childish temper is showing.

Last edited by Fluid987; 01-24-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:41 PM
I can Only speak for what I have personally experienced Bud. And RSS does NOT have ANY, ANY ANY!!! offerings for a 2007 2.7 liter ok compadre.And dare I say brush up on your etiquette your childish temper is showing.

Porschepet,

RSS DOES have a IPD plenum for the 2.7 you seem to have outdated and incorect information you can call RSS and confirm as I did.

Last edited by Slowcart; 01-24-2009 at 11:44 PM. Reason: add
Old 01-25-2009, 08:12 AM
nick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud ofnick_usa has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Slowcart
Porschepet,

RSS DOES have a IPD plenum for the 2.7 you seem to have outdated and incorect information you can call RSS and confirm as I did.
Talk about Shrill!!! Slowcart must work for RSS!!! Or should!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Softronic plenum or IPD plenum?