Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softronic plenum or IPD plenum?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 11:08 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
A very interesting comparison done by BBI. Please read
We tested the IPD competition 82mm t-body and plenum against the SRP t-body and plenum conversion with existing softronic software update in the car. We kept hearing about both setups and wanted to get to the bottom of the hype. We thought that the results would be the same, but... We found almost 15 RWHP and over 25 lbft of torque to the tires by just going to the 82mm IPD Plenum package over the SRP with out touching anything else on the car. Very impressed with our findings, My hat is off to IPD and RSS.

Please click the PDF link below to see dyno graph.

SRP set up

IPD set up

IPD on left and SRP on Right

IPD 82

SRP 8

http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/atta...y-scan0003.pdf

Last edited by art4iza; 01-25-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:55 AM
mihernan is a splendid one to beholdmihernan is a splendid one to beholdmihernan is a splendid one to beholdmihernan is a splendid one to beholdmihernan is a splendid one to beholdmihernan is a splendid one to beholdmihernan is a splendid one to beholdmihernan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TighTT
At the bare minimum I would get your facts strait (and, dare I say, brush up on your spelling/grammar) before posting in the future.
Definition of strait:
a narrow channel of the sea joining two larger bodies of water

The irony is killing me.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:04 AM
Gator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mihernan
Definition of strait:
a narrow channel of the sea joining two larger bodies of water

The irony is killing me.
I came so close to writing a similar reply, but I didn't because I assumed that TightTT was being sarcastic and goofing around. There is no way he was serious, is there.....? Oh my god, I think he was. That's freaking .

I had a look at that TeamSpeed thread. If anyone is paying attention, I suspect it's going to get ugly real fast. Way too many holes, contradictions, inaccuracies, etc....

Old 01-26-2009, 09:53 AM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
art4iza

Independent? Did you say Independent? And I look like Brad Pitt

Last edited by Fluid987; 01-26-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:06 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Its unbelieveable to me how certain vendors conduct themselves on here.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:42 PM
RobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by art4iza
A very interesting comparison done by BBI.
This was posted on team speed forum here

http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/boxs...rp-t-body.html

If one reads through the thread, the validity of the Dyno plot is in question.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RobMason
This was posted on team speed forum here

http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/boxs...rp-t-body.html

If one reads through the thread, the validity of the Dyno plot is in question.
Yeah. By a guy claiming printer anomalies! Sorry, he'll have to do better than that.

RobMason, you posted over at TS too - your first post as I recall. Why are you so invested in this??

Old 01-26-2009, 05:43 PM
notquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud of
i'm just as curious as the next cayman owner here... my offer still stands if anyone with the Softronic SRP setup wants to do some highway pull against my RS350 please shoot me an email or PM. you bring the Softronic counterpart, i bring the RS350, the beer... and the breathalyzer = )

by the way, I've been trying to get someone from Softronic to run against me for a few months now and still no bite.

Oh, and I read the article on the RS350 in Excellence Magazine. Very good representation of my experiences going from the stock 3.4 to the RS350 setup. Looking forward to reading the article in European Car magazine.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:08 PM
RobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to beholdRobMason is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Barrister
Yeah. By a guy claiming printer anomalies! Sorry, he'll have to do better than that.

RobMason, you posted over at TS too - your first post as I recall. Why are you so invested in this??
First post because I don't visit that site often, I have been signed up for months. I would have made it my 10th post but I had to go thru 9 to get there.

IF printer errors are the cause, then I would like to see a non printer error copy, please.

I am interested so I can know whether one system produces more performance than another one.

Why do you ask?

Old 01-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Gator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to behold
Clarification / Confession

Guys,

If you haven't already figured it out, I am the member at Team Speed formerly known as "Cayman Expert". I was hoping to start new with a new name that would disconnect me from my activities at the Cayman Club, but as the thread at TeamSpeed evolved, I realized that this will never be possible.

I have since written to the administration and asked them to change my name to 'Gator Bite'. Nice guys over there.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:56 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
notquitefob

My 2.7 with SRP and your 3.4 with IPD ? Sounds Like an even match to meDoing a google map to San Diego ASAP ,Can we substitute the Beer for jaggermeister and I am all in

Old 01-26-2009, 09:22 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
This is what you get for being Brad Pitt.

Originally Posted by Porschepet
Independent? Did you say Independent? And I look like Brad Pitt

Old 01-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
art4iza,

I have never been so glad to not be a softronic fanboy.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by art4iza
This is what you get for being Brad Pitt.

actually, he is tired of being an outsider, he was sent an anonymous letter with the following inscribed in it:

Seriously though that large 82 plenum is bigger and has better machining from it's looks so it should flow better, your pics are quite clear. Not sure why Brad pitt would disagree, but glad he has a porsche, at least he's got taste.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by Slowcart
art4iza,

I have never been so glad to not be a softronic fanboy.
Oh man. That's a good one. Slowcart calling someone a fanboy.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Softronic plenum or IPD plenum?