Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softronic plenum or IPD plenum?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 11:12 AM
pekopeeus is infamous around these parts
Question Softronic plenum or IPD plenum?

which one to get? I am quite confused. I don't mind chipping my ECU as long it doesn't hurt my fuel mileage. I have an AWE tuning exhaust and I have a tiptronic.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:15 AM
Carolina-Kman is infamous around these parts
Didn't you ask this exact thing on the Cayman Club?

Old 09-18-2008, 08:08 AM
Karrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Carolina-Kman
Didn't you ask this exact thing on the Cayman Club?
What is your point? I know a lot of people who seek the same advice in different forums. Get over it.

And to the OP: I will definitely be doing Softronic in the future. They seem to really have their stuff together. I don't really see the point in doing a plenum but no flash. You have to do the flash so the ECU knows there is a new plenum in there. Also, with your exhaust, you can do the flash that compensates for the new plenum and the free flowing exhaust.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:34 AM
pekopeeus is infamous around these parts
thanks Karrera4! nice red cluster.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Carolina-Kman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Karrera4
What is your point? I know a lot of people who seek the same advice in different forums. Get over it.

Just that his question has been well responded to on the Cayman Club where topics like this are discussed much more in depth. 6speed has relatively little discussion in comparison. Get over it.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Banned
RSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pekopeeus
which one to get? I am quite confused. I don't mind chipping my ECU as long it doesn't hurt my fuel mileage. I have an AWE tuning exhaust and I have a tiptronic.
The IPD Cayman Plenum provides solid dyno proven power and delivers more power on it's own than virtually any other mod on the market. The factory DME/ECU will "adapt" to the added increased airflow provided by the IPD Plenum. The IPD plenum is superior to any other plenum due to it's patented "Y" design. Obviously there is even more room for improvement when you upgrade your DME/ECU. EVOMSit has developed special files that optimize the IPD plenum and other mods such as exhaust, filters and under drive pulleys.

The IPD plenum combined with a high quality free flow exhaust (we feel that the Cargaphic Cayman exhaust is the best on the market) and the EVOMSit software is the best package available on the market. Period!

We also just announced the new Competition Cayman IPD Plenum which has a larger opening to accommodate the 82mm 997 GT3 Throttle Body. The new "Competition" Plenum provides even more additional airflow than the standard IPD plenum.

Please feel free to drop me a PM or give me a call at 714-545-1046 with any other questions or to place an order. Thanks again for the thread and interest in the IPD plenum.

Cheers,
Greg

Old 09-18-2008, 05:05 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
As an FYI you can see the positive test results yielded with the IPD Competition Plenum on the SharkWerks car by itself and then with EVOMSit software here:

http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=185

Old 09-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Now Sharkster how can you be an unbiased Moderator with such close ties and sales to these companies? However you do run a business and promote it as such.

Best,
Scott Slauson

Last edited by Softronic; 09-20-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:32 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Softronic
Now Sharkster how can you be an unbiased Moderator with such close ties and sales to these companies? However you do run a business and promote it as such.

Best,
Scott Slauson
Hi Scott, obviously we have our own car and are independent in terms of which choices we make and what to run on the car. As I stated on Cayman club I think it's great that there are choices/options. I happened to choose mine and it would be no different had I chosen to use yours, Protomotive's etc... On CaymanClub you have very close ties yourself and serve the community as well. I'm certainly never ever going to sell/recommend anything for the sake of it and more often than not I actually tell people they don't "need" something vs selling for the sake of it.

You are relatively new to 6speed and probably don't know the history but I was one of the first members here and was a regular user long before I had a "shop". Do a search and you'll find that I've helped bring the community together for a 996TT shoot-out and many other things that have nothing to do with owning a shop. Later on I started a shop but that does not stop me from being one of the guys.

With respect to this post the OP asked a question and I showed him the results that we had on our own car with one of the products he was specifically asking about. You're most welcome to do the same as well since the OP was also asking about your set up.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:53 AM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Hello Alex,

I know and I was only making a little joke . No Worries. Keep up the good work and Ill talk to you soon.

Best,
Scott

Old 09-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
Softronic

Scott ,You going to do a thread anouncing the new softronic High flow upgrade Here ?I have Been waiting to see the anouncement .Glad to see people in the same line of work can have a sense of humor and can somewhat get along .Thats not to easy these days ..also did you get my e-mail ? how do i get the NEW version . The high Flow . I have 2007 2.7 .. Thanks Much ,Peter ..

Old 09-22-2008, 10:54 PM
gbwrench is infamous around these parts
I recently installed the IBD Plenum and Cargraphic exhaust on my Cayman S and can tell you the improvement is well worth the spend. The increase in performance is very noticeable and the engine revs up much more smoothly and quickly. I took the car out to ROVAL at the Fontana speedway and had absolute blast with the car. I had no trouble keeping up with a stock Carerra S Cab. In fact my best time was three secs. faster.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:44 AM
motoadve is infamous around these parts
Scott: Do you send the updated Softronic file to previous customers?
I dont have the plenum, but have the Softronic file with Catback exhaust and Evo intake.
Is this upgraded Softronic file only for customers who bought the plenum?

Regards

Larry

Old 09-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
motoadve

Have you PM Scott about this? I have and had no answer for a couple days let me know if you have ok .I am not feeling the Love from Scott lately .

Old 09-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Softronic

Got a PM from Scott ,Thanks for the response Scott sorry for Being Impatient .I just got too excited about the High Flow Update for the Flash .No offense .MY BAD ,Thanks for all you do. Peter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Softronic plenum or IPD plenum?