Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman S vs C63 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 03:14 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by niqui
thanks, so cayman s is surprsingly the more fun car...
i couldnt care less about people knowing whether my porsche costs 60g or 150g...it doesnt bother me, most people will probabaly think im the valet..

anyways, do you think an 07 with low mileage is too old...?>
People will think what they want to think with no help from you, it is what it is.

I do not think there are any mechanical differences at all between 06-09, anyone else? No the 07 is not to old. Do your homework, you should be able to absolutely rip the Porsche. I don't know what the exchange rate is, but I would think you could buy that car here in the states for mid 40's USD from a dealer.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:25 PM
niqui is infamous around these parts
i was offered by my friend at the dealer, my old service manager, a 2007 cayman s, well optioned navigation and all, blaack on black, with 7000km and extended, full warrantee-he said same as if the car were brand new...for 59k cad...?
what do you think
i have to see the full options list. but atleast 10k in options, i assume

Old 11-05-2008, 03:57 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
I don't know what the market is like in Canada, but I would think that car could be had for at least 3-4K less here right now. The auto market is TERRIBLE!

I would say 51-53 canadian tops. Go make an offer of 51 and let them sweat it out for a day or two, if you really like it, you know 52-53 at the highest. If you were in the US, they would be fools not to take it.

Last edited by SD1; 11-05-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:10 PM
thats what i thought....high.
you d be surprised though, cause none of the dealers are budging much.
infiniti offered 2k off sticker.
bmw m3 with dct, he wanted 73 i offered 65k, 2 weeks ago, no call back no nothing
mercedes for the c63 said 2 k off...i have 4 benzes from them....pretty sad deal
porsche last week on a demo cayman s 08 went from 80 to 73 k. i said sixties he said a flat no...
so now i am confused, my friend says its a good price, but i dont know, i trust him though-hes not a greasy salesman.

plus i got winter tires to pay ontop.

Last edited by niqui; 11-05-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:12 PM
59k cad is eqaul today to about 50k usd. it includes a 3k extended warrantee...im not trying to justify the price, just trying to give you some background info, so maybe you can offer more insight.
thanks a lot for all your help thus far.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:14 AM
SD1
thats what i thought....high.
you d be surprised though, cause none of the dealers are budging much.
infiniti offered 2k off sticker.
bmw m3 with dct, he wanted 73 i offered 65k, 2 weeks ago, no call back no nothing
mercedes for the c63 said 2 k off...i have 4 benzes from them....pretty sad deal
porsche last week on a demo cayman s 08 went from 80 to 73 k. i said sixties he said a flat no...
so now i am confused, my friend says its a good price, but i dont know, i trust him though-hes not a greasy salesman.

plus i got winter tires to pay ontop.
In the states they don't have enough margin to do that deal on an M3. I got my C55 for -3K off MSRP which is a pretty good deal on that particular time on that particular AMG car, thinking that is probably as far as they would go on that car. 2K is decent considering its still pretty fresh, my C55 sat for 90 days before they let me have it for the 3K off.

Porsche does have a lot of margin, in the states I think it is 11% + depending on options. Certified warranty costs $1800 from a Porsche dealer last time I heard. They are notorious for their low buy bids so figure they probable have a lot of room on the used car, probably a lot more than you think.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:10 PM
well, on the m3 which was a demo with mdct, he went from 87 to 70...
anyways, back to the car of interest, i went to see it today, absolutely glorious....by far the greatest looking cayman s i have ever seen, beat the pd1 for me,
it had full leather interior, black on black, turbo rims, upgraded exhaust, steering wheel, and navi...etc.
the rims make that car...plus the exhaust, i have no idea what it was, but it was nuts.
only problem...is its a bit too flashy....really flashy- i have seen caymans before but none of them popped like this one...but i guess thats a good thing and a bad thing, matter of taste.

thanks again.,

Last edited by niqui; 11-06-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:01 PM
SD1
well, on the m3 which was a demo with mdct, he went from 87 to 70...
anyways, back to the car of interest, i went to see it today, absolutely glorious....by far the greatest looking cayman s i have ever seen, beat the pd1 for me,
it had full leather interior, black on black, turbo rims, upgraded exhaust, steering wheel, and navi...etc.
the rims make that car...plus the exhaust, i have no idea what it was, but it was nuts.
only problem...is its a bit too flashy....really flashy- i have seen caymans before but none of them popped like this one...but i guess thats a good thing and a bad thing, matter of taste.

thanks again.,
I'd grab that if they can hit a number you can live with. Full leather is really rare on a Cayman and is the shizzle! You should have snapped a pic so we could share in the fun.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:43 PM
sorry about no pictures...i think im gonna get it...the guy said full leather with sports seats...but how can i tell by looking at the car if its full leather?>
to be honest, it is the best looking cayman i have seen to date...turbo rims on that car, paired with the exhaust (i dunno what it is, aftermarket by someone, adds 11hp the rep said) sounds and looks nuts...not modded but hardcore porsche...i love it.
if i get it, pictures will definitely be posted...
thanks for all the hlp
anybody know, this car has pcm with nav, but since its dvd based and the car is not from quebec, do i just buy the quebec dvd and it will work fine?>
also, if it comes with pcm plus nav, does that mean that it automatically has bluetooth?>
im asking cause i have only seen the car in person for 10 mins, and not the option list...
thanks again

Old 11-06-2008, 07:57 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
sorry about no pictures...i think im gonna get it...the guy said full leather with sports seats...but how can i tell by looking at the car if its full leather?>
to be honest, it is the best looking cayman i have seen to date...turbo rims on that car, paired with the exhaust (i dunno what it is, aftermarket by someone, adds 11hp the rep said) sounds and looks nuts...not modded but hardcore porsche...i love it.
if i get it, pictures will definitely be posted...
thanks for all the hlp
anybody know, this car has pcm with nav, but since its dvd based and the car is not from quebec, do i just buy the quebec dvd and it will work fine?>
also, if it comes with pcm plus nav, does that mean that it automatically has bluetooth?>
im asking cause i have only seen the car in person for 10 mins, and not the option list...
thanks again
full leather will be very smooth and very noticable over the whole dash (porsche leather is top quality, so very smooth and soft)with stitching on the sides of the center controls, and stitching over the gauges. also, no bluetooth until 09 models!
an aftermarket exhaust on avg gain ~15 rwhp. this car responds VERY well to mods.
sounds like a great car...everytime i get in mine it puts a smile on my face and i enjoy every second of it. get the car, youll regret it if you dont.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:00 PM
thanks for all your help,
i remember it had stitching on the hand brake...
you think the exhaust will make the car noticeable quicker...just curious.
anyways, thanks again, will keep you posted...
curious do u drive yours in the winter?>

Old 11-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Torn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud of
c63.. Luxury and a pure BEAST!

Old 11-06-2008, 08:09 PM
SD1
thanks for all your help,
i remember it had stitching on the hand brake...
you think the exhaust will make the car noticeable quicker...just curious.
anyways, thanks again, will keep you posted...
curious do u drive yours in the winter?>

Easiest way to tell if it has full leather is to look at the center console, if there is stitching on the material on the sides of the center stack its likely a full leather car. Its easy to tell on the dash of a 911 but I have never actually seen a full leather Cayman only pictures.

You know what, get the vin # and call a Porsche dealer or post it here and someone can run the vin and give you ALL OF THE OPTIONS. I did this and was shocked at all the crap on mine. This is really a must before you buy the car and in my case erased any doubts I had about buying the car. The dealer I bought it from had no idea and when I told them after I bought it I could tell they were annoyed they didn't know it had a big sticker.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:34 PM
SD1
Not full leather

Full leather

Old 11-06-2008, 08:41 PM
SD1
This one is loaded up. Full leather, navi, sports chrono, Bose, Sport seats, sport steering wheel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___2006-Porsche-Cayman-S-987-120-PCCB-must-see_W0QQitemZ120328000324QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20Trucks QQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=i tem120328000324&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72 %3A727|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1308

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayman S vs C63 AMG