Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman S vs C63 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 08:45 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
This one is loaded up. Full leather, navi, sports chrono, Bose, Sport seats, sport steering wheel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...3A1|240%3A1308

Here is a pic of mine with the no kidding 6K in exclusive makassar wood trim. Yellow painted gauges, sport steering wheel. The vent slats were even covered in leather, go figure.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:09 AM
niqui is infamous around these parts
yours is gorgeous...ive always wanted wood in the car. but couldnt find one unless i waited.
i will ask them to run the vin and give me an options list.
thanks again
pcm nav before 09 used dvd's right?
thanks

Old 11-07-2008, 06:53 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
niqui-
the exhaust made a big difference! noticable hp. its pull harder and stronger than before...and the sound is straight from the heavens. this car has a sound very similar to a GT3 IMO with the way the engine and intake make that harmonious symphony. the remus is great too, its got a nice exotic tone to it and screams up top.
and i will be driving mine in the winter!

heres my car...it totally drowns out the v8 of the mustang
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiLS-IcNSvI[/media]

Old 11-07-2008, 06:55 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 05997S
This one is loaded up. Full leather, navi, sports chrono, Bose, Sport seats, sport steering wheel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___2006-Porsche-Cayman-S-987-120-PCCB-must-see_W0QQitemZ120328000324QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20Trucks QQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=i tem120328000324&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72 %3A727|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1308

Here is a pic of mine with the no kidding 6K in exclusive makassar wood trim. Yellow painted gauges, sport steering wheel. The vent slats were even covered in leather, go figure.

Doug, that looks fantastic! i still dont see how u could have gotten rid of such a beauty. the makassar wood looks great. great contrast to the tan.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:06 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
Doug, that looks fantastic! i still dont see how u could have gotten rid of such a beauty. the makassar wood looks great. great contrast to the tan.
I miss it, but I wanted to get out of debt and my timing was great. I like to chat about them, makes me want another one.

That is the fist time I have heard your exhaust and it sounds great!

Old 11-07-2008, 10:51 AM
I miss it, but I wanted to get out of debt and my timing was great. I like to chat about them, makes me want another one.

That is the fist time I have heard your exhaust and it sounds great!
thanks...im VERy happy about the decision i made. the other great thing about this car is, it really doesnt need to be modded, except for a catback exhaust and clear side reflectors. other than owners wanting a little more power, there is nothing else you could want that the stock car doesnt offer, from steering to grip to the height, and ride comfort. i have people, often girls telling me how much the LOVE the seats.
when i had the bmws, i felt like it needed so much, then every mod i did, it exposed another weakness of the car, causing me to mod again, then another exposed weakness, etc, etc. the Porsches, and esp the cayman S isnt subject to this IMO, other than power, but with 295 hp on a stock car you cant use it all on the steet anyway.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:58 AM
SD1
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
thanks...im VERy happy about the decision i made. the other great thing about this car is, it really doesnt need to be modded, except for a catback exhaust and clear side reflectors. other than owners wanting a little more power, there is nothing else you could want that the stock car doesnt offer, from steering to grip to the height, and ride comfort. i have people, often girls telling me how much the LOVE the seats.
when i had the bmws, i felt like it needed so much, then every mod i did, it exposed another weakness of the car, causing me to mod again, then another exposed weakness, etc, etc. the Porsches, and esp the cayman S isnt subject to this IMO, other than power, but with 295 hp on a stock car you cant use it all on the steet anyway.

Agree, but the coilovers were unbelievably good. I would stop there though. Catback and coilovers FTW.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Agree, but the coilovers were unbelievably good. I would stop there though. Catback and coilovers FTW.
i could imagine coilovers would be simply amazing. im thinking about doing them, got a good deal lined up on some, but havnt decided if im going to buy them yet.
which coilovers did you have?

Old 11-07-2008, 01:13 PM
SD1
I had the JIC cross system. They were the cheapest fully adjustable set I could find. More importantly I had it corner weighted and the alignment checked, that is a must. It was incredible.

I got them from VIVIDRACING (sponsor here) and I saw on his sig that they are having a sale.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:52 PM
the wood in the cayman is truly great...
does anybody know of an exhaust company that sounds something like A/E or something, the sales rep was saying the make of the exhaust and it sounded something like "A/E" ...I dont know, thats the exhaust that is on the car i am looking at...
also, what are coilovers...
im excited that the exhaut actually makes a noticeable difference, dying to drive it.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by niqui
the wood in the cayman is truly great...
does anybody know of an exhaust company that sounds something like A/E or something, the sales rep was saying the make of the exhaust and it sounded something like "A/E" ...I dont know, thats the exhaust that is on the car i am looking at...
also, what are coilovers...
im excited that the exhaut actually makes a noticeable difference, dying to drive it.
Its more than likely AWE...that was my second choice, but wasnt agressive enough for me in the end, albeit a good option.
coilovers are suspension that allows you nearly infinite adjustability for height, dampening, rebound, etc. all depends on the coilovers you get.
i had KW V2s on my 335 and they transformed it into a new car.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:01 PM
im pretty sure your right, awe sounds familiar, he was mummbling and i had no idea what he was talking about...but thats the one...so its still a good choice, how much does that upgrade cost, any ideas.
thanks for the explaination, i dont think ill go into coilovers, i am not that hardcore..

Old 11-07-2008, 03:46 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
The JIC Cross coilovers are great, other then the annoying metal poppin noise sometimes when you turn the steering wheel alot. Ride at 7 setting out of 15 is better then when I had H&R springs and stock shocks.

As for exhaust, you got to upgrade the stock exhaust to get a better driving experience. Loved the sound of my Supersprint Race exhaust, but the damn CEL light wouldn't go away, tried the non foulers fix, didn't fix it either

Old 11-07-2008, 05:28 PM
some pics of the car in question

Attached Images   
Old 11-07-2008, 05:42 PM
^^^that looks great...but just an fyi for you, thats not full leather, but still very nice. i say buy it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayman S vs C63 AMG