Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hyundai Genesis 0-60 faster than Boxster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 11:25 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ekam
Nice troll.

2/10.
True, must be a fanboy.

Old 10-05-2008, 03:29 PM
ofishbein is infamous around these parts
I don't see why everyone gets so bent out of shape on 0-60 times. In high-school drag racing maybe, but once the focus changes to sports cars it's about going around corners and the overall driving experience. Besides, truth be told, once you get to within even a full second or two in 0-60 comparisons, it has more to do with the driver than the car. For instance, take the Nurburgring, put Michael Schumacher in a Pinto, and he would probably beat most anyone on this forum in whatever they are driving. Some people here seem to think that their Y Chromosome is in danger every time a tenth of a second comes into play. Chill.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:12 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ofishbein
I don't see why everyone gets so bent out of shape on 0-60 times. In high-school drag racing maybe, but once the focus changes to sports cars it's about going around corners and the overall driving experience. Besides, truth be told, once you get to within even a full second or two in 0-60 comparisons, it has more to do with the driver than the car. For instance, take the Nurburgring, put Michael Schumacher in a Pinto, and he would probably beat most anyone on this forum in whatever they are driving. Some people here seem to think that their Y Chromosome is in danger every time a tenth of a second comes into play. Chill.
Good point!

Old 10-06-2008, 05:05 PM
gaby is infamous around these parts
I feel more femenine now.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by gaby
I feel more femenine now.
Yes, feminine like a female Tyranosaurus Rex.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:49 PM
SSMCL-S6 is infamous around these parts
you guys are funny...lmao i take back what i said b/c first im a troll...

and second i can't talk **** when im on this forum with my acura which in essence is a honda

and third never drove a boxster to know how much better it is than my car...

Old 10-07-2008, 10:50 AM
gaby is infamous around these parts
Old 10-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Rei86 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SSMCL-S6
even if the boxster was fast, the hyundai still beats the ***** in the boxster on a cell phone...boxster is a girls car...its as much a waste as a random japanese car company no one cares about making a 375HP sedan for no reason except to have styling ripped off of a benz...no, or just as much as supercharging a boxster ^.

Been just a lurker for years and signed just a few days ago but I Just had to reply to this post.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:53 PM
skylineawd is infamous around these parts
I happened to check out the Hyundai website on this and they show the video on the website of the race with the Porsche. They also show a race with the Hyundai up against a 7 series BMW.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:42 AM
ekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gaby
Stop feeding the troll.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:29 AM
easyc is infamous around these parts
yeah most people say my boxster is pretty girlie too

Old 10-08-2008, 11:32 AM
JT3
JT3 is infamous around these partsJT3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by USCCayman
Boy, did I hit a sensitive nerve? The Boxster is often referred to as one of the best sports cars on the planet by automotive journalists. Handles like a dream, and a sub 6 second 0-60mph is nothing to laugh at. It is only referred to as a girl's car by those who are jealous.
...or know nothing about cars.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:02 PM
ztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to behold
I have no doubt that the genisis would be faster than a stock base boxster. They are probably comparing it to the 986 version as well.

Many MANY cars are faster than the base 986. Hell most sedans now these days have 300+hp Even minivans.

the 924 was slow as ***** too, but its also one one the most fun, and better autocross cars available.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
Sad but true.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:46 AM
andyman32 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ztnedman1
I have no doubt that the genisis would be faster than a stock base boxster. They are probably comparing it to the 986 version as well.

Many MANY cars are faster than the base 986. Hell most sedans now these days have 300+hp Even minivans.

the 924 was slow as ***** too, but its also one one the most fun, and better autocross cars available.
Hi, just browsed to this thread and had to comment, I'm pretty fond of Hyundai's new stuff, we own two Azeras and they are quick and very nice cars. The Genesis is spectacular, I'll definitely buy a 4.6 in a year or two, once the hype has died down a little. But it's just not a sports car - not a roadster, not a drag racer. I thought that comparison to a Boxster was kind of low-brow... you take a butter knife out of the drawer and laugh and point fingers because it can't cut through aluminum cans.

Plus, it's not really all that flattering to say, off the line, our flagship 375hp V8 car can move just marginally faster than a 245hp roadster.

The Genesis is also probably faster 0-60 than a Mazda Miata...

And VW Eurobus...

But probably not a 911 turbo. Or a Mercedes E63. Or an Acura NSX. Or... etc. etc. etc.

They had to cast about to find a sports car with a recognizable brand name that COULDN'T beat the Genesis and the only option on the entire planet just happened to be the base-model Boxster.

Oh well. To most folks, it probably looks like a Herculean feat on the part of the Genesis. They just smile and nod and drool on themselves and accept the thought, "Genesis is faster than Porsches..."

Cheers,
Andy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyundai Genesis 0-60 faster than Boxster