Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hyundai Genesis 0-60 faster than Boxster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 11:41 PM
vroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of light
Hyundai Genesis 0-60 faster than Boxster

Anyone saw the ads on TV? It said that the 0-60 of Hyundai Genesis sedan is faster than Boxster. Of all cars, its Boxster . Dont know what is the comparison between a sedan and convertible sports car

Old 10-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Banned
NCMD is infamous around these parts
u own a boxster?

Old 10-01-2008, 02:21 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
I can't believe anyone even buys those boxsters. what a waste.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:29 AM
Epik151 has a spectacular aura aboutEpik151 has a spectacular aura about
I think the point of the commercial is to get people's attention. A luxury sedan from Hyundai faster than a sports car from Porsche?

Mission accomplished.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:27 AM
ekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to behold
Hyundai has 2 more doors than the Boxster. Why does the Boxster still have 2 doors? Are they so behind with the times??? Jesus.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:42 AM
ofishbein is infamous around these parts
I'm going to go bite my pillow . . .

Old 10-01-2008, 03:45 PM
themperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the rough
I am going to trade my Box in for a Hyundai, shave the rear doors, put a phatom top on it and replace the rear seats with rice cookers.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Banned
NCMD is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by themperor
I am going to trade my Box in for a Hyundai, shave the rear doors, put a phatom top on it and replace the rear seats with rice cookers.

Old 10-04-2008, 05:23 PM
HB.
HB. is infamous around these parts
Just about every car is faster then the Boxster 0-60. A lot of people who don't know anything about Porsche don't know the difference from a Boxster to a 911. I don't see how the mission is accomplished...

Old 10-04-2008, 05:29 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
It would suck getting your *** handed to you by a hyundai

Old 10-04-2008, 06:07 PM
sti05ak is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by paneraiwatches
It would suck getting your *** handed to you by a hyundai
so true!

Old 10-04-2008, 07:28 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
If Hyundai takes liberty with the truth anything like Nissan does, I'd say Boxster owners have nothing to worry about. And remember this. When Porsche reports performance figures, they do so with two adults in the car in order to approximate real world driving. And, Porsche tends to be real conservative with their 0-60 times. So, don't shy away from a Genesis at the stoplight. If you do get beat by one and you just can't stand it, go get a TPC turbocharger. 480 hp will put you in the same league as a Z06 Vette. You always have options.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:56 PM
SSMCL-S6 is infamous around these parts
even if the boxster was fast, the hyundai still beats the ***** in the boxster on a cell phone...boxster is a girls car...its as much a waste as a random japanese car company no one cares about making a 375HP sedan for no reason except to have styling ripped off of a benz...no, or just as much as supercharging a boxster ^.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:05 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SSMCL-S6
even if the boxster was fast, the hyundai still beats the ***** in the boxster on a cell phone...boxster is a girls car...its as much a waste as a random japanese car company no one cares about making a 375HP sedan for no reason except to have styling ripped off of a benz...no, or just as much as supercharging a boxster ^.
Boy, did I hit a sensitive nerve? The Boxster is often referred to as one of the best sports cars on the planet by automotive journalists. Handles like a dream, and a sub 6 second 0-60mph is nothing to laugh at. It is only referred to as a girl's car by those who are jealous.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:40 PM
ekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SSMCL-S6
Nice troll.

2/10.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyundai Genesis 0-60 faster than Boxster