Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laser Interceptor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 09:16 PM
CaymenSKid is infamous around these parts
Laser Interceptor

What is the deal with the laser intercepter for laser diffusion? Is it really that good or is it a scam. All the results i find shows it as the best and i have contacted the USA dealer who happens to be in North Tampa area and he described how great the product is all this but i keep finding mixed information on the forums about how this "Elvis" guy that distributes them is scamming people. Now i am not sure if they are related to these people i have contacted here in Florida or what but i was just wonder if anyone has this product and was wondering if it works, or if there are any issue that should be known about with this company

Last edited by CaymenSKid; 10-14-2008 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Delete question already answered
Old 10-26-2008, 02:30 AM
motucayman is infamous around these parts
I don't have the product but hopefully in the near future. Elvis use to be the main distributor of Laser Interceptor in the US and he was based in TX. He was dropped and now it's Cliff. He is based in Florida. The product definitely works and works well. It was tested by Guys of Lidar just this September and beats all the other jammers there. I emailed a few people who bought LI from the maker in Europe and they all told me it works and had no problems with delivery all the way from Europe. Personally I wouldn't send money abroad like that but now LI has a US distributor. I contacted Cliff and all warranty claims would be dealt by him. If you're worried about the product working, stop worrying it's the best out in the market now. Hope this helps. If you do plan on getting it where would you install it on your cayman? How many heads 2 or 4 will you buy? My worry is that police will target the roof area just above the windshield, and the jammer will not be as effective if placed low to cover the headlights.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:51 PM
gadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to behold
Excellent Laser Jammer!

I'm a friend of Cliff and he is the only Authorized Dealer in the U.S.A. I have the Laser Interceptor (LI) installed in my wifes Toyota Camry and my BMW M5. It's an awesome product which has saved me many times. I run the LI's along with my Valentine 1 detector.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:36 PM
RaDaRkInG is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CaymenSKid
What is the deal with the laser intercepter for laser diffusion? Is it really that good or is it a scam.
Not a scam, the Laser Interceptor is the real deal.

http://guysoflidar.com/july-2008/laser-jammer-test.html

http://guysoflidar.com/march-2007/la...mmer-test.html

Laser Interceptor website:

http://www.laser-interceptorusa.com/

Check out all the YouTube videos of the Laser Interceptor in action as well.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f

Last edited by RaDaRkInG; 11-02-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:08 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by motucayman
My worry is that police will target the roof area just above the windshield, and the jammer will not be as effective if placed low to cover the headlights.
It is my understanding that the laser guns are typically aimed at license plates to get a good reflection/reading. For this reason, I read that it is recommended that laser detectors/jammers be mounted as low as possible on the car.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:27 PM
my2004sti is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by keninirvine
It is my understanding that the laser guns are typically aimed at license plates to get a good reflection/reading. For this reason, I read that it is recommended that laser detectors/jammers be mounted as low as possible on the car.
That's not necessarily true, it also depends where you headlights are located.

To the original operator, yes, Laser Interceptor is the real deal and Cliff is a great guy.

Coupled with the Valentine 1, and you'll have one hot system.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Gator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Police are trained to shoot at the license plate first. If not possible, the headlights are the next target they are trained to seek. For this reason, it's best to place your shifters horizontally between the license plate (or center of car) and the center of the headlights, vertically centered between the two. But this 'ideal' location is not always possible. If not, get as close to ideal as you can.

Getting a lidar gun to work requires a good solid reflection back to the gun. If any light reflects off of your car, then off of a second object and then finds it's way back to the gun, it will create a cosign error. This is quite common when lidar guns are used because of the less than perfect geometric conditions (shooting at an angle at a curved surface, etc....). That's why they are told to shoot at the license plate. It's a good solid flat perpendicular surface that's less likely to produce a cosign error. Shooting at the roof line of a Cayman probably wouldn't work well.

This is also how shifters/jammers work, by shooting light back with conflicting distance information, forcing a cosign error. When a cosign error happens, the gun must be cleared and another shot must be taken.