Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Testing waters: TUBI exhaust system for 987 Cayman/Boxster

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:46 AM
chaud
FS: TUBI exhaust system for 987 Cayman/Boxster

For sale: TUBI exhaust system for 987 Cayman/Boxster

**UPDATE 11/4/08 PRICE DROP: First $1695 takes it!**

My friend is selling his like new (less than 500 miles on the setup) Italian TUBI exhaust system for the 987 Cayman and Boxster. It is INOX T304 Stainless Steel, has both Tubi mufflers and both midpipes. Tubi is well known for their distinctive sound on Ferraris, and having heard their system on the Cayman, along with many comments from others about the exhaust, it does capture a very unique and captivating sound on the Cayman/Boxster.

Reason for selling: He is selling his car.

You can rotate/zoom on the image here:

http://www.tubistylena.com/p/Porsche/Cayman/

Retails for over $2400, asking $1800 or best reasonable offer. **UPDATE 11/4/08 PRICE DROP: First $1695 takes it!**

Thanks!

Attached Images  

Last edited by chaud; 11-04-2008 at 01:13 AM. Reason: testing waters status changed to now officially for sale ;)
Old 10-23-2008, 04:30 PM
vroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of light
Someone should get this. I have the TUBI and its absolutely amazing.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:22 AM
chaud
Originally Posted by vroom
Someone should get this. I have the TUBI and its absolutely amazing.
Thanks! Any chance that you have some video clips of your TUBI setup?

Old 10-26-2008, 03:18 PM
vroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of light
You can do a search on YouTube, there are a few video of Cayman with TUBI. But the video doesnt do the exhaust any justice

Old 10-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Gator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to behold
Take a look at these:

http://www.caymanclub.net/cayman-mod...ollection.html

http://www.caymanclub.net/cayman-mod...rch-event.html

I've heard the Tubi in person. It sounds quite nice.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:59 PM
chaud
Originally Posted by Gator Bite
Take a look at these:

http://www.caymanclub.net/cayman-mod...ollection.html

http://www.caymanclub.net/cayman-mod...rch-event.html

I've heard the Tubi in person. It sounds quite nice.
Thanks for the links!

The exhaust is still available, and I'll consider any reasonable offer!

Old 10-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
Chaud

I also Have Heard good things about the Tubi Exhaust ,no complaints from Cayman/Boxster owners that have Installed them.However In my Opinion the Borla Exhaust is just hands down AWSOME for the $1,500 and 20 HP increase !! and It recently Won the CC Octoberfest Best Overall Quality ,Look and Sound over systems 3X the price. I myself have a Remus Exhaust and think it is Awsome sounding as well but If I had knew about the Borla before hand it would be a no brainer.FYI that Remus clip That is in the Liknk is my car .Good luck on the Exhaust hunting and really I have YET to hear anything bad about the Tubi so it just boils down to personal Preference and that is a Good buy .

Old 10-29-2008, 12:17 AM
chaud
Originally Posted by Porschepet
...Good luck on the Exhaust hunting and really I have YET to hear anything bad about the Tubi so it just boils down to personal Preference and that is a Good buy .
Thanks man! Your car sounds great by the way. And actually, I'm not exhaust hunting...the Tubi exhaust is up for sale. I'm helping my friend sell it since he is selling the car and taking off some of the goodies to return it to stock before selling.

If I had a cayman or a 987 boxster, I'd definitely get this from him, but I wanted to pass this deal on to a forum member here.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:11 AM
chaud
PRICE DROP: First $1695 takes it!

Old 11-05-2008, 02:16 AM
Giorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond repute
Old 11-08-2008, 05:09 PM
caymanvc is infamous around these parts
good luck!

Old 11-14-2008, 10:59 PM
chaud
Originally Posted by caymanvc
good luck!
Thanks Caymanvc!

Still available!

Old 11-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice Price

Have you tried E-bay?

Old 11-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Eddie has a spectacular aura aboutEddie has a spectacular aura aboutEddie has a spectacular aura about
Does the exhaust use the stock tips or does it come with tips? very interested.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:06 AM
It does not come with tip. You can use the stock tips or other aftermarket tips.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Quick Reply: Testing waters: TUBI exhaust system for 987 Cayman/Boxster