Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

-= rs350; a very thorough review (dyno) =-

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by teoh2005
I've got the Sharkwerks LWFW on my car. Also have Capristo Full Exhaust, Softronic Plenum and Flash. Car revs very fast, barely need to blip for heel and toe. There is more noise say in 6th gear when accelerating around 50 ish mph, but just drop it a few gears to really get into the powerband and no noise. There is also a bit more chatter with the clutch out, but not too bad. Drivability is just as easy as the dual mass flywheel. The car does not stall easier with the LWFW. All in all great mod.

-Kevin
Is noise in 6th due to LWFW or exhaust? I was going to do the RS 350 kit but keep my stock sport exhaust.

I can live with the rougher spots at idle due to LWFW but would like to keep the smooth running in 6th.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:44 PM
teoh2005 is infamous around these parts
Noise is from the LWFW, it doesnt prevent tranmissions noises/vibrations as well as the stock dual mass. Only really noticed if you are "lugging" the engine. If you are cruising on the freeway and try to accelerate in 6th, you WILL hear the noise from the LWFW. Drop down to 3rd/4th and its a non-issue.

-Kevin

Old 07-01-2009, 10:42 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by teoh2005
Noise is from the LWFW, it doesnt prevent tranmissions noises/vibrations as well as the stock dual mass. Only really noticed if you are "lugging" the engine. If you are cruising on the freeway and try to accelerate in 6th, you WILL hear the noise from the LWFW. Drop down to 3rd/4th and its a non-issue.

-Kevin
+1 Kevin and really glad you like it. For some reason the LWF thing is a bit of a secret but I guess we're an exclusive bunch then eh?

Here's a video to show you guys the difference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er1eYuVe2zE

Dan also posted his review here.