Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a stock set of Cayman S headers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Need a stock set of Cayman S headers

I have my 3.6 going in and I need a set soon to see if they will fit. Does anyone have a set? Even an aftermarket set will do.

TIA
Josh

Old 11-14-2008, 10:57 PM
chaud
Josh, from what I know, yes they'll fit.. you can run a full 987 boxster/cayman exhaust setup (headers all the way back to muffler) on your 986, and it will be a great match for your 3.6, esp with the larger exhaust ports on the 3.6 head

Old 11-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
The problem is the Super charger will get in the way of the stock 3.2 headers and mine off of the 3.2 are off by 1/8 of an inch on the ports. They also fit around the SC by about the same 1/8 of an inch. I hate to have to have these fab'd up since it will cost another grand or two. The exhaust will essentially come straight out with no bends in it. That is why I am selling my Cargraphic muffler.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:21 PM
MSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
The problem is the Super charger will get in the way of the stock 3.2 headers and mine off of the 3.2 are off by 1/8 of an inch on the ports. They also fit around the SC by about the same 1/8 of an inch. I hate to have to have these fab'd up since it will cost another grand or two. The exhaust will essentially come straight out with no bends in it. That is why I am selling my Cargraphic muffler.
How much are you looking to pay for them?

Old 11-16-2008, 09:06 AM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Josh, would x51 headers work? Stephen has a set of those at the shop sitting on the shelves unused.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Just a boxster?
Karl

I do not think the X 51 headers will fit on backwards do you? I will check with my guy and ask him. Thanks for the tip.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Just a boxster?
Originally Posted by MSCaymanS
How much are you looking to pay for them?

I honestly do not what they are going for and at this point it is a shot in the dark if they will fit or not.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:25 PM
MSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud of
Well, I just installed some fabspeed headers but wanted to keep my stock ones just in case I didn't like these. If you come up with something let me know. If you were closer I'd say lets see if they fit. Do you know of anyone with a cayman s in the area that you could do a quick install/uninstall to see if they fit.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:27 PM
facelvega is infamous around these parts
The restrictive headers are one of the things that Porsche uses to keep the CS (and Boxster) from challenging the higher priced models. Tubing is narrow, geometry is bad for flow, and cats are very restrictive. I may be able to help, but are you sure you want to go this way if you are looking for more power? Pix from my exhaust change:

Stock vs. Capristo:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-capristo.html

Stock vs. Capristo:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...apristo-2.html

Stock cat and tubing:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-pipe-cat.html

Aftermarket cat and tubing:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-pipe-cat.html

If you are sure you are interested, let me know....

Old 11-16-2008, 09:16 PM
Just a boxster?
Thank you both! Yes I am VERY concerned about the power output but the clearance is my number one issue.

Like I said the 3.6 is in and the SC'r is bolted on and now I will need to see if the Cayman S exhaust clears. I wish either of you were close as I have this listed in the regional NW section.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
bump

bump

Old 11-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Cajundaddy is infamous around these parts
JP,
Supercharged 3.6L???

Old 11-17-2008, 03:30 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Hey Josh, did you come up with a solution yet?

Old 11-17-2008, 03:44 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Here's what I have here that might fit the build, call or PM me if I can help - The X51 stock headers and 986 3.2 performance headers:

Old 11-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Just a boxster?
Jermey I have the 3.2 performance headers already but the vario cam heads line up a bit different then the X51 headers. From these pictures it looks like I can use the 911 headers but my guy says I can not due to the heads. confused????

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need a stock set of Cayman S headers