Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman VS Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 01:32 PM
Samir has a spectacular aura aboutSamir has a spectacular aura aboutSamir has a spectacular aura about
I own both a modded c5 Corvette and a Boxster. I've tracked neither and know the limits of neither (yet). But I can easily drive the Boxster harder with less fear. There is simply much more feedback. This seems to reiterate what a lot of the previous posts are saying.

With that being said, I think that in capable hands my Corvette would destroy my Boxster on a track. So the question comes down to this--how capable of a driver are you on a track? Best of luck on the decision and post pics here of the one you get.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:31 PM
josephsdesimone is infamous around these parts
Hello INtreX

I noticed that this question was asked on the www.CaymanClub.net and it received many replies of which you may gain some insight.

Regards,
Joe

Old 01-15-2009, 12:37 PM
porsche4life has a spectacular aura aboutporsche4life has a spectacular aura aboutporsche4life has a spectacular aura about
betwee a cayman and a Z06 i have to say go with the Z06...its good on gas, on track, its fast as hell, and it handles. not that the cayman dosent but the z06 is in a different league

Old 01-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Samir has a spectacular aura aboutSamir has a spectacular aura aboutSamir has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by porsche4life
...go with the Z06

Irony at its best.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:28 PM
ActionJaxon is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DoingOK
No comparison. I have tracked my Z06 several times (with GoodYear G19 slicks) and it is nearly untouchable. And, to be honest, our Boxster S (I know, not a Cayman) truly impresses me with it's handling. I can easily see how it could be more satisfying for a person not used to big rear wheel horsepower. It is very easy to drive near it's limits. Let's not fool ourselves gentlemen, even though I really love the handling and craftsmanship of the P car.........the vette will annihilate the poor thing. It is funny to read some of the ill informed replies of people that have never driven a Z06 or even tracked a car.

First person to make sense on this thread. This should not even be a question.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:09 PM
StiRulz has much to be proud ofStiRulz has much to be proud ofStiRulz has much to be proud ofStiRulz has much to be proud ofStiRulz has much to be proud ofStiRulz has much to be proud ofStiRulz has much to be proud ofStiRulz has much to be proud of
Man, if you wanna go fast, get the ZO6. If you're looking for a lifetime sports car get the Cayman. If you wanna beat them both in a straight line and then go off road, buy an Sti and get it built up

Seriously though, I think the cayman is an incredible ride. I took a ride in one and it was so nice, it carved corners where my Sti overstears. My buddies ZO6 on the other hand feels like a drag car. It gets real squirly unless you got racing slicks. On street tires at normal pressure he runs mid/lo 12's. With drag radials he can hit close to mid 11's.