Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you do heel-and-toe???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 09:22 AM
Gator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to behold
Make a concious effort to tip your right knee in toward your other leg and you will find better results.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:52 AM
Karrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to all
yeah, although its more of half my right foot on the brake and rolling the other half onto the throttle.

I remember growing up my dad would explain it all the time - on every fun ride we would take in one of the toys. It always seemed so easy when he would do it. When I started driving at 14 with him, I would practice and practice but never get the timing quite right. Then, one day it happened and I remember that day perfectly. I was 16, had a girl friend over, and wanted to take her for a ride in on of our 993's. So, we set out on some back roads by our house where I grew up learning how to drive. On a a 90 degree corner that I could do in my sleep, it happened - I braked deep, executed heal-toe downshift to perfection, hit the apex, got slight oversteer and exited beautifully. I will never forget that day!

Old 01-31-2009, 01:06 PM
ekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to behold
Oh, I can finally do it now with rolling my foot to the gas pedal...!

Old 02-02-2009, 11:46 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
ekam

Still cannot understand this

Old 02-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Gilles is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by docdan
Good advice. Also, when first learning to heel-toe downshift, it helps if you bias your right knee inward (towards your left knee) when applying the brake with the ball (really just 1st Metatarsal bone mainly) of your foot to the right side of the pedal.
Dan
Hey Dan,

I am sorry for sidetracking, but would you mind posting a couple of pics of your CS?

** 2008 Martini Cayman S.....Carrara White with Martini Stripe / tan **

Thanks, Gilles

Old 02-11-2009, 01:13 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
yes everyday. 10.5 isnt that big.

Originally Posted by ekam
Can you do it on the original boxster pedals??? I wear size 10.5-11 shoes so I guess my feet is a bit big. I'm having a hard time hitting the gas pedal on the heel and I don't have enough room to roll my feet either.

I'm always annoyed how these little japanese people can do it to flawlessly.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoID=7319163

PS: I can do double-clutch downshift no problem... like this guy in the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI3cH...eature=related