Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman S value huge drop?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 07:41 PM
switchface is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Psypher
If you buy a Corvette Z06, you can start in 4th gear daily if you wish...

Just adding fuel to the fire...
Didn't Clarkson start it in 5th?

Old 04-08-2009, 10:11 PM
01blacks4 is infamous around these parts
i know mine is worth nothing now......under 10K miles too sucks

Old 04-09-2009, 12:23 AM
switchface is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 01blacks4
i know mine is worth nothing now......under 10K miles too sucks
What do you want for it?

Old 04-09-2009, 02:04 PM
CaymanSteve is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nlpamg
not to threadjack, but I just came across this while reading and it struck a nerve

oh god, give me a break. I don't think the Cayman is that great. I would put it on par with the e46 M3. the "beautiful engine" is too weak for my tastes and the cabin is quite a bit cramped. sure the steering and balance are there, but it's not a true "automobile" compared to the M3.

however, if you get it with the god awful tiptronic, then I wouldn't even call it an "automobile". come on, how many auto sports "automobiles" start in 2nd gear consistently?
Not sure why it would "strike a nerve". I owned both cars and its just my opinion. Its the internet, you'll find a lot of opinions out there. I bought the M3 thinking that I would really love it, in the end I just wasn't really happy with it. I'm very happy now with the Cayman. Like I said, its just my opinion. Many members agree with me and I'm sure some others will disagree. Buy the car that makes you happy.

Old 04-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Sammy_G is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by switchface
I hear ya. I'm looking for one to be my only daily driven car even though the roads are smoother here in socal.

There are times, like last night coming home from dinner, where I enjoyed the comfort/quietness of my S4. Moonroof open, stereo on, and relaxing on the way home from a nice meal. If I lay into the boost, the car switches to beast mode, but I like the duality. I know the chassis and feel of the Cayman are amazing; I'm concerned if it will be too much for my only car.
I thought the same when I got mine, I put 13K on mine in the first year and never looked back. Even on Seattle weather its never been a problem. Dry cleaning can be a pain but thats it

Old 04-10-2009, 12:48 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
Yea, our cars is taking a huge hit, was plannin' on upgradin to 997 TT, but now, looks like that ain't happenin...

Old 04-14-2009, 04:38 AM
AZ Ferrari Man is infamous around these parts
For less than 40k for a Cayman S seems like a steal...Wonder what a non-S is running..