Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X51 for 987 Cayman installed...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 09:17 AM
Gator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to beholdGator Bite is a splendid one to behold
Nice job Ed. I love the intake growl. Is it louder now, or is that just the camera making is sound that way?

Nice looking engine cover too. Which is it?

You've got one unique Cayman S. I'd love to hear more about the driving characteristics.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:14 AM
porsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Gator Bite
Nice job Ed. I love the intake growl. Is it louder now, or is that just the camera making is sound that way?

Nice looking engine cover too. Which is it?

You've got one unique Cayman S. I'd love to hear more about the driving characteristics.
Thanks, yes louder now and even ferrari-ish at 3500>RPM. Acceleration is definitely faster, I am still making slight changes. It is the strutking cover.
Here is the article I wrote, actually all of my articles: http://www.planetporsche.net/reviews...00&ppuser=3437

Old 04-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Banned
pearl_porsche is infamous around these parts
Nice work!

Old 05-01-2009, 10:18 AM
porsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Slowcart
Did you ask APR, EPL or EVOMS about a file for your modification or as you mentioned the similar Techart mod seems to produce good results.

Just a thought that you may have already tried but because your X51 parts look so great installed is it possible to have the shift cables run under the plenum (instead of over the top) because it seems like it would look even cleaner if it would work.
The way Scott works is very convinient for me because as we are on the dyno we email the info to Softronic and then he sends us the new program, and so on. I'snt technology great, custom tuning via the internet. He was the only one who would work this way without me having to send the car. This is still under development, each weekend little by little.

techart wont sell just the ecu program, I already had all the parts except the intake.

the cables cant go under, there are other parts in the way.

Last edited by porsched4ed; 05-01-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:53 AM
bfischer is infamous around these parts
What is the going rate for the X50 parts?

Old 05-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by bfischer
What is the going rate for the X50 parts?
because this was the first time this was done it was more expensive since there were alot of parts to buy and experiment with. not including software ~$2,500. that includes alot of plumbing that was purchased and used then I had to try another kind. Used 3 different set ups for the TB to MAF plumbing.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Nice job. I've had a few people ask me about these, glad to see you could put it together. Well done!

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook