Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which "Cayman GT" do you like better?
The yellow one.
24.53%
The white one.
75.47%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

which Cayman GT do you like better?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 02:44 PM
CarlssonBenz is infamous around these parts
It's nice... post more pix... personally white looks better.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Eddie
Come on dude, the ego stroking is laughable at best.

The back story is some squabbling between the OP and the owner of cayman club on who has the cooler car... you give cayman owners a bad rep LOL.

you guys both have good cars, but neither is a cayman GT, the whole naming convention of calling it a variation of porsche used nomenclature is pretty silly.

You guys both have modded Cayman S'. Plain and simple. And they are modded very differently.

I'm not flaming, I'm just calling it like I see it.

And if we are talking superlatives, Itmerc and Donny have both of you guys beat by a mile.
Yeah, I recognize both of those cars from planetporsche (cayman forum). I like everything on the white car but the wheels...and without decals.

Anyways, white one gets my vote.

(Eddie...love to see more pictures of your car! do you still have those stock wheels?)

Old 04-21-2009, 05:35 PM
porsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Eddie
you guys both have good cars, but neither is a cayman GT, the whole naming convention of calling it a variation of porsche used nomenclature is pretty silly.
You guys both have modded Cayman S'. Plain and simple.
hmmm petty silly... well whats the difference between a cayenne s and a cayenne gts?

here are a few companies that might disagree with your cayman gt theory...

www.techart.de

http://www.gemballa.com/CarVariante_150

http://www.rsr911.it/index_en.asp

http://www.farnbacherloles.com/

oh here is one with a stupid big wing that does nothing except improve handling

so stupid, why would someone put a big wing on like that

wait but didnt a koenigsegg handle better with a wing...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/155166...oenigsegg_ccx/

now back to the Cayman GTs

no Cayman GT huh

Old 04-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Johnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to behold
In all due respect to K-Man S, his yellow Cayman has great potential. Simply shed the side decals and paint the RS-98's gloss black along with the mirrors.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:01 PM
vroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of lightvroom is a glorious beacon of light
The white one get my vote!

Old 04-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Psypher is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by porsched4ed
here are a few companies that might disagree with your cayman gt theory...

oh here is one with a stupid big wing that does nothing except improve handling

so stupid, why would someone put a big wing on like that

wait but didnt a koenigsegg handle better with a wing...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/155166...oenigsegg_ccx/

no Cayman GT huh
Where to start. First, is there a Cayman GT? Answer... no. Is there a Cayman that races in the GT class of racing? Yes. Does yours? I'm going to assume here, no. Show me where on www.porsche.com there is a Cayman GT though. I see a Cayman and a Cayman S, but no Cayman GT. Am I missing it somewhere? The "Cayman GT" in question is made by aftermarket companies and people. They call it the Cayman GT, but until it is produced by Porsche, it will always be the *enter name here* Cayman GT. End of conversation.

Next is the "big stupid wing". Look, I'm gonna assume here that you either race or watch racing. If you do, you know that those "big stupid wings" have a purpose and that without them, the car could not compete at the level wanted or required. With that said, putting it on a road car does not make your car a GT. Will it make it handle better, sure! Will it make it a GT car, no. If it did, I need to watch out for a lot more Honda Civics where I live.

Finally, if you want to bring the "Top Gear Wing" into it, why did they add it? Was it or was it not due to the fact that the vehicle was extreamly unstable at high speeds around corners? If so, which it was, revert back to the paragraph above. There for a purpose. Also, Koenigsegg didnt then change the name of their car to the CCX GT. Just stayed the CCX.

Now, all sarcasm aside, I dont know you. You have a beautiful car man, really you do. Between the white and the yellow, I'd go with the white due to I'm partial to white cars. With that said, I'd vote for Harajuka's white Cayman S anyday of the week over the above two. I love the mods. I personally drive a very modified vehicle myself. Doesn't mean I go around with a GT badge on my car.

Psypher

Note: This was not written to offend anyone. It was purely written to introduce facts into the arguement. If Techart or any of those other companies in question wants to advertise their vehicle as a Cayman GT, it is entirely up to them. That however does not prove that there is a legit Cayman GT. Until Porsche makes it, it doesnt exsist. (except in the modified world)

Last edited by Psypher; 04-21-2009 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Edit: Spelling
Old 04-21-2009, 07:52 PM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Psypher
Where to start. First, is there a Cayman GT? Answer... no. Is there a Cayman that races in the GT class of racing? Yes. Does yours? I'm going to assume here, no. Show me where on www.porsche.com there is a Cayman GT though. I see a Cayman and a Cayman S, but no Cayman GT. Am I missing it somewhere? The "Cayman GT" in question is made by aftermarket companies and people. They call it the Cayman GT, but until it is produced by Porsche, it will always be the *enter name here* Cayman GT. End of conversation.

Next is the "big stupid wing". Look, I'm gonna assume here that you either race or watch racing. If you do, you know that those "big stupid wings" have a purpose and that without them, the car could not compete at the level wanted or required. With that said, putting it on a road car does not make your car a GT. Will it make it handle better, sure! Will it make it a GT car, no. If it did, I need to watch out for a lot more Honda Civics where I live.

Finally, if you want to bring the "Top Gear Wing" into it, why did they add it? Was it or was it not due to the fact that the vehicle was extreamly unstable at high speeds around corners? If so, which it was, revert back to the paragraph above. There for a purpose. Also, Koenigsegg didnt then change the name of their car to the CCX GT. Just stayed the CCX.

Now, all sarcasm aside, I dont know you. You have a beautiful car man, really you do. Between the white and the yellow, I'd go with the white due to I'm partial to white cars. With that said, I'd vote for Harajuka's white Cayman S anyday of the week over the above two. I love the mods. I personally drive a very modified vehicle myself. Doesn't mean I go around with a GT badge on my car.

Psypher

Note: This was not written to offend anyone. It was purely written to introduce facts into the arguement. If Techart or any of those other companies in question wants to advertise their vehicle as a Cayman GT, it is entirely up to them. That however does not prove that there is a legit Cayman GT. Until Porsche makes it, it doesnt exsist. (except in the modified world)

This guy just summed up everything I was going to say after reading the thread, without me having to type it.

I want to ask a question though, with all that said.. Why add more decals to the car naming it something? I would make the engine/suspension/body upgrades and leave everything else up to the imagination. In fact, I would debadge the thing completely, unless you are a sponsored racer.

I want to add that color wise, I prefer the white and that large of a wing is stupid in this caliber car... unless it is a race only car or if it is the new lead role in fast and furious

Last edited by NOLA911; 04-21-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by NOLA911
... or if it is the new lead role in fast and furious

Old 04-21-2009, 08:04 PM
porsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud of

Psypher

here are some more "fake aftermarket porsches that would smoke a factory porsche"

RGT

Mirage

CTR3

Fake cars dont only stop at porsche, here are some *insert name here* mercedes

this one is called the nardo3, what a silly fake car, mercedes doesnt make a nardo

I like fake cars

Last edited by porsched4ed; 04-21-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by NOLA911
... unless it is a race only car or if it is the new lead role in fast and furious
each has their own style, some people like asian girls, some like hispanic girls etc. some like the cucumber pickled... huh...what...actually...My car was at Road atlanta for Le Petit Lemans and I was contacted by a casting director from F&F4, they wanted my car to be shipped to Cali for the movie, they wanted me to leave the decals on. My car was already gone for over 3 months and I wasn't interested in having it in the movie.

Last edited by porsched4ed; 04-30-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:24 PM
switchface is infamous around these parts
...Will it make it a GT car, no. If it did, I need to watch out for a lot more Honda Civics where I live...
That actually made me laugh out loud.

...and I agree with your entire post.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:24 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
By the way, any truth to the rumor that Susan Boyle is the Stig?

Last edited by USCCayman; 04-22-2009 at 05:31 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by porsched4ed
here are some more "fake aftermarket porsches that would smoke a factory porsche"

RGT

Mirage

CTR3

Fake cars dont only stop at porsche, here are some *insert name here* mercedes

this one is called the nardo3, what a silly fake car, mercedes doesnt make a nardo

I like fake cars

You sir, win the biggest tool of the year award. Please show me where in my post I stated that a non-factory car could not beat a factory car in a race. My post in this thread was merely to introduce a fact that the "Cayman GT" does not officially exist. Did I say that you could not put the name Cayman GT on your car, no. You did however try to introduce evidence that the Cayman GT is a legit car and not just a modified aftermarket car. That, is false. I called you on it and now it is your burden of proof to prove that it is a legit car.

Also, if you want to talk about cars that look like factory cars, fine. Show me where any of those cars list the name of a company that reads Porsche or Ferrari or any other factory name for that matter. They don't, do they. RUF makes some amazing cars! So does Brabus! Do they say Porsche or Mercedes on them or do they say RUF/Brabus on the badge?

If you want to continue this, we can. My point is still valid and until you prove to me that the Cayman GT is a factory car, it goes down as a nice modified ride. /End

Old 04-21-2009, 08:40 PM
You sir, win the biggest tool of the year award. Please show me where in my post I stated that a non-factory car could not beat a factory car in a race. My post in this thread was merely to introduce a fact that the "Cayman GT" does not officially exist. Did I say that you could not put the name Cayman GT on your car, no. You did however try to introduce evidence that the Cayman GT is a legit car and not just a modified aftermarket car. That, is false. I called you on it and now it is your burden of proof to prove that it is a legit car.

Also, if you want to talk about cars that look like factory cars, fine. Show me where any of those cars list the name of a company that reads Porsche or Ferrari or any other factory name for that matter. They don't, do they. RUF makes some amazing cars! So does Brabus! Do they say Porsche or Mercedes on them or do they say RUF/Brabus on the badge?

If you want to continue this, we can. My point is still valid and until you prove to me that the Cayman GT is a factory car, it goes down as a nice modified ride. /End
never said you said that, how old are u? anyway guess you never saw my hood badge, my entire point is that a Cayman Gt is NOT a factory car but an aftermarket car, and yes it is called a Cayman GT, not by just adding an intake and exhaust or bodykit. How many X51 3.4L Caymans have you seen?

I have alot of engine performance mods, this is not just a cosmetic thing, I have alot of tools in my garage

Last edited by porsched4ed; 04-21-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:48 PM
switchface is infamous around these parts
porsched4ed - which Techart front bumper is that? The only one that I was familiar with was the funky one with the jagged lines that jut out (probably a crappy description, but im too lazy to post a pic).

I like yours, its smooth and clean...which Techart bumper is that?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: which Cayman GT do you like better?