Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which "Cayman GT" do you like better?
The yellow one.
24.53%
The white one.
75.47%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

which Cayman GT do you like better?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Psypher is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by porsched4ed
never said you said that, how old are u? anyway guess you never saw my hood badge

I have alot of engine performance mods, this is not just a cosmetic thing, I have alot of tools in my garage
I'm happy you have a cool name badge on your hood. I will also concede that your garage probably has many tools in it. Mine does too! Why would my age have any bearing on the conversation?

I have a heavily modified 1993 Nissan 300ZXTT. It makes a mere 487whp and 492ft pound of torque. Now, what does this have to do with the conversation? NOTHING! Just like you bringing up that your modifications are not solely cosmetic.

As I said in my previous post. If you want to keep this going, we can. However you still have not proved what you have said. Until then, i will take your post with a grain of salt.

Psypher

Time to go get food with my wife! I will be back late to see what proof you have posted.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:14 PM
CarlssonBenz is infamous around these parts
U all are silly...

love all the euro-tuner cars you all listed and have photos of.

This one is the best though...

Seriously, both the yellow and white caymans are beast.
this is basically a preference poll.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:32 PM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
each has their own style, some people like asian girls, some like hispanic girls etc. some like the cucumber pickled... huh...what...actually...My car was at Road atlanta for Le Petit Lemans and I was contacted by a casting director from F&F4, they wanted my car to be shipped to Cali for the movie, they wanted me to leave the decals on. My car was already gone for over 3 months and I wasn't interested in having it in the movie.
That's pretty neat. I agree 100% that everyone has their own style and no one has to like my cars but the one who pays the insurance bills. I try not to comment on other styles than my own unless it is an opinion thread.

Your car is awesome looking though.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:42 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Guys, lets not make this post more complicated than it is......

Simple question was asked, give a simple answer.

The yellow car but without the decals and painted white with the centers of the wheels painted gloss black, ceramics, gloss black mirrors, white stiching all around, white seatbacks, TPC Turbo kit....

That would be my pick

Old 04-22-2009, 05:48 AM
porsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Psypher
Why would my age have any bearing on the conversation? I have a heavily modified 1993 Nissan 300ZXTT. It makes a mere 487whp and 492ft pound of torque. Now, what does this have to do with the conversation? NOTHING! Just like you bringing up that your modifications are not solely cosmetic.
just me being dumb and annoying

As I said in my previous post. If you want to keep this going, we can. However you still have not proved what you have said. Until then, i will take your post with a grain of salt.
what about pepper? salt and peppas here and we're in effect want you to push it good...

Time to go get food with my wife! I will be back late to see what proof you have posted.
oil? who said anything about oil, you cooking b

Old 04-22-2009, 05:50 AM
porsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CarlssonBenz
U all are silly...

love all the euro-tuner cars you all listed and have photos of.

This one is the best though...

Seriously, both the yellow and white caymans are beast.
this is basically a preference poll.
theres no such thing as an SLR GT, that is fake, fake, fake, fake, nah, nah, nah...see

Seriously, that car is so tight its bleeding.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:07 AM
Why would my age have any bearing on the conversation?
your age, wondering if you would understand some of the comments I post.

Porsche does not make a Cayman GT, probably never will, Cayman GT is a modified Cayman S made by fake aftermarket companies. Just like the fake SLR GT.
"GT" is added to distinguish the performance modifications to the car. Techart has a "GT" and "GTS" package for the Cayman. I was the first in the US to have it. They actually ended up sending me two GT CF spoilers, the first was defective, there were also no english instructions so they had to make one and sent it to me
anyway so Cayman GT is a real car, not manufactured by porsche but other companies, just like the fake SLR GT below :P

I guess TPC has a fake Cayman turbo then right? they have a turbo badge on it, porsche doesn't make a turbo Cayman, those guys are crazy, theres no such thing...do you get my point yet?

Last edited by porsched4ed; 04-22-2009 at 06:17 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:20 AM
ekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to behold
Silly arguments... oh the internet what a great place...

Since OP asked for people's opinion expect somebody out there to NOT like your car.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by ekam
Silly arguments... oh the internet what a great place...

Since OP asked for people's opinion expect somebody out there to NOT like your car.
actually Psypher has great taste in cars, he voted for the white one , we are just talking about the whole GT issue. there are tons of people who hate my car, its cool

Old 04-22-2009, 10:20 AM
minitauro is infamous around these parts
This thread made me laugh. Both rides are sweet, but my vote is for the white.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:43 PM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
Cool guy, cool car, I vote for Ed's car IMO the white Cayman is cleaner and better planned not just a random collection of discounted after market parts.

Last edited by Slowcart; 04-22-2009 at 06:46 PM. Reason: add
Old 04-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Psypher is infamous around these parts

Porsche does not make a Cayman GT, probably never will, Cayman GT is a modified Cayman S made by fake aftermarket companies. Just like the fake SLR GT.
"GT" is added to distinguish the performance modifications to the car. Techart has a "GT" and "GTS" package for the Cayman. I was the first in the US to have it. They actually ended up sending me two GT CF spoilers, the first was defective, there were also no english instructions so they had to make one and sent it to me
anyway so Cayman GT is a real car, not manufactured by porsche but other companies, just like the fake SLR GT below :P

I guess TPC has a fake Cayman turbo then right? they have a turbo badge on it, porsche doesn't make a turbo Cayman, those guys are crazy, theres no such thing...do you get my point yet?

My question to you, is do you understand my comments? There is no debate based upon which is nicer. No doubt that the white one (yours), is the nicer and as you can see, most of 6SO agree. Do you know what you are presenting when you call your car a GT. GT to TechArt may mean a package similar to Honda and the DX, LX and EX classifications, however the way you are branding it is a GT car. GT means GranTourer in the auto world. Your car is not a GranTourer. Hence Eddie posted that you just have a nicely modified Cayman S. He was right. You then tried to prove that a Cayman GT existed, I stepped in and stated that a Cayman GT does not exist in the way you were trying to brand it. I did say however that in the aftermarket it is branded that way. Like I said originally, I'm not posting to fight or to offend anyone. I am simply stating that in the truest since, Eddie was in fact correct. If you post that your car is a TechArt Cayman GT, then you are 110% correct. All I am trying to do is show you that the way it is coming across to some people is incorrect.

Seriously man, as I stated before, you have a BEAUTIFUL car. Love what you have done with it and would love to see more pictures.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute

i see where you guys are going with these badge arguments and i guess it's really personal. mostly depends on how you interpret it. i too had mixed feelings about those "GT" signs on the car. the badge itself looks nice but that's something i'd not put on my car. if i bought it straight from RUF/Gemballa/etc., it's a different story since you are actually buying the whole thing under GT badge. it's quite difficult to explain but something like this...

you buy R34 GTS (i believe it was single turbo? anyways, non GTR model is what i am trying to say) and you make it look like a GTR with "better" performance mods and badge it as GTR vspecII nur or whatever. probably, it's not the best example since it was offered straight from the factory.

if i was to have my cayman turbocharged, i'd leave my badges alone as it (cayman s).

bottomline, i think it depends on how you interpret it.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Banned
K-Man S is infamous around these parts
Angry

A little background is in order here.

I asked Ed not to post such a ridiculous "contest" or comparison on the PlanetPorsche.Net website, that there was no need to compare one person's car to another. Sadly, Ed is on some kind of ego trip so he posts the same question here. Rather than post "how do you like my Cayman?" he has to post a comparison to my car, so I get drug into this crap unwillingly. I don't give a rat's a$$ what anyone thinks of my car but me, if Ed likes his better than mine, great, if everyone in the world other than me likes his better than mine, great, doesn't matter to me one bit. Evidently, for Ed, it is some sort of challenge, or contest, or ego trip or meglomania to compare his car to mine. There are over 2000 registered Caymans on our site and of course Ed has to compare his to mine, not anyone else's. Should I be flattered? No, I think it is dumb.

With respect to the "GT" in the Cayman GT logo script on the side of my car, that was done for fun, since there is no Cayman GT from the factory, I made it up. If I had a Cayman and put Cayman "S" on my car then yes I'd be trying impersonate something that my car is not. I put GT on my car as an homage to the GT3, the 911 that I happen to like best. You'll note my front bumper and rear bumper are both GT3-style. Is the car a GT3? No. Is it faster than a stock GT3? On some tracks Yes. (Gives me a target to shoot for) So I slapped GT on the side again out of respect for the GT3 line of 911's which I personally like. I just don't want the engine in the rear. I don't pretend to have something that I don't, for example claiming that a car is an "X51" when it really only has the X51 manifold and not the entire X51 powerkit. Sort of like claiming that your car is a turbo when it only has the intercooler air duct!

Now, since Ed did not ask my persmission to post my copyrighted photos on this website, I must ask the admin/moderators here to pull the images down as I did not consent to their use on this website and certainly not for this purpose. Ed is free to "show off" his car, but he can do so without dragging me or my car into it.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Banned
K-Man S is infamous around these parts
Before anyone asks the other decal on the side of the car is a set of elk hoof prints from my airborne adventure over an elk on I-70 almost 2 years ago. I'm not trying to impersonate an elk either.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: which Cayman GT do you like better?